Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does Anybody Miss Jon Gruden? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
: December 20, 2010, 11:32:43 PM

I am a fan of Raheem Morris and I didn't mind seeing Jon Gruden go, but does anybody ever miss Gruden? Just wondering.

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#1 : December 20, 2010, 11:40:22 PM

Only in the sense that he's an interesting personality...which we still get to see on Monday nights. Don't miss anything about his coaching.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 20, 2010, 11:43:26 PM

Only in the sense that he's an interesting personality...which we still get to see on Monday nights. Don't miss anything about his coaching.

Yeah that's pretty much how I feel as i watch monday night football lol

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 20, 2010, 11:43:55 PM

No. I'd miss his personality, except for the fact that I get to listen to him every Monday night. And since he isn't slowly eroding the team season by season, I'd say it's the perfect fit.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 20, 2010, 11:46:49 PM

Thought I would. But I don't. I thought I'd miss the conservative, play not to lose, mentality. But we still have that! ;)

Excited to see what other players MD can bring in here next year and what this Morris D will look like with the missing parts in place. Also wouldn't mind a DC.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 21, 2010, 12:04:29 AM

*completes 2-yard drag on 3rd and 11*

*punts*

*defense gets ball back*

*completes 4-yard out on 3rd and 8*

*punts*

Repeat until the defense gives us good enough field position for a field goal.

mattyd1521

Second String
#6 : December 21, 2010, 12:11:06 AM

At first I really did miss him and was against him getting fired. Now as time has gone on and I look back I can't say I do miss him. All of these rookies who have been key players never would of been given the chance to play and prove themselves. It would be Laveranues Coles starting not Mike Williams.

GoBucsYo

Second String

#7 : December 21, 2010, 12:56:31 AM

If you want the answer to this question, just look at the number of seat tickets sold when Gruden was coach compared to now.   

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 21, 2010, 01:11:10 AM

If you want the answer to this question, just look at the number of seat tickets sold when Gruden was coach compared to now.   

The difference is that the Glazers were buying up those empty seats when Gruden was still here. They finally realized that their band-aid approach to avoiding blackouts was as fruitless as Gruden's band-aid approach to filling the roster.

GoBucsYo

Second String

#9 : December 21, 2010, 01:23:29 AM

If you really believe there are the same number of season tickets sold in 2010 as there were in 2008, you are completely naive.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 21, 2010, 01:29:35 AM

No, I enjoy having a franchise QB to look forward to and not a tough training camp battle that leads to midseason shuffling between Jeff Garcia and Brian Griese.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 21, 2010, 01:38:21 AM

If you really believe there are the same number of season tickets sold in 2010 as there were in 2008, you are completely naive.

Of course there isn't. Once everyone's 10-yr seat license deposit was used up, they started bailing. That's the primary reason people were still buying season tickets once the post-Super-Bowl Era of Mediocrity set in.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 21, 2010, 05:50:07 AM

Who cares what's going on in the stands? What's important is what's happening on the field. Gruden filled in the holes and won one SB. After that he slowly destroyed the team. Why would anybody miss that? Gruden might be a great OC (I question that), but he knows nothing about building a team from scratch or even maintaining a decent team. It amazes me that his name pops up every time a HC gets fired. Gruden is where he belongs. He is a media personality who has some insight to the workings of the game, that's all. He can't relate to the players. Raheem Morris can, and more importantly, the players can relate to him.

No, I don't miss Jon Gruden, not at all.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 21, 2010, 06:33:46 AM

Who cares what's going on in the stands? What's important is what's happening on the field. Gruden filled in the holes and won one SB. After that he slowly destroyed the team. Why would anybody miss that? Gruden might be a great OC (I question that), but he knows nothing about building a team from scratch or even maintaining a decent team. It amazes me that his name pops up every time a HC gets fired. Gruden is where he belongs. He is a media personality who has some insight to the workings of the game, that's all. He can't relate to the players. Raheem Morris can, and more importantly, the players can relate to him.

No, I don't miss Jon Gruden, not at all.

^^ this ^^

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#14 : December 21, 2010, 08:00:44 AM

Bashing the most successful coach this franchise has ever had makes you a better fan!

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does Anybody Miss Jon Gruden? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools