Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does Anybody Miss Jon Gruden? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 21, 2010, 05:16:25 PM

Sparky and Chaz, great posts. No one says you have to PINE for Gruden. I respect what Jon did and this notion that we ''only'' made the playoffs twice in his final six years is laughable. The average team makes the playoffs 37.5 percent of the time. 33 percent is just a touch below that ... while winning divisions that often we are AHEAD of the curve. That's right, even if you EXCLUDE the Super Bowl year, we were ahead of the curve. But Jon had to go. The dynamic with him and the local media eventually became toxic, even if it was subtle.
We should have had Rodgers or Brees or one of those guys. The scouting should have been better. But we must LET IT GO.
The future is now! Let's finish strong and give Raheem a chance. Yeah he's 11-19, but more importantly he's 8-6 this year. I really want TWO more wins this year.

In Verner We Trust

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 21, 2010, 05:57:16 PM

Gruden isn't here Raheem is, no use living in the past, Gruden was GREAT for this team and he is responsible for the happiest day of my life when we won the super bowl but he's not here anymore so it's pointless to keep starting pissing matches with gruden and raheem supporters. The whole thing is so stupid, we are ALL bucs fans but everyone here likes to fight about coaches, so lame. ok im done.

But what about there personality or how well they speak to the media??! lol

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 21, 2010, 06:17:43 PM

By winning in 2002 and then being so competitive in 2003, we began rebulding too late

I have to question the "rebuild" when you don't address THE most important position on the team. And I certainly have to question it when it involves Griese, Garcia, and the courtship of Favre.

-------------------------------------------------------

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 21, 2010, 06:19:37 PM

Simms locked us in Hate. Or at least the mistake they made was allowing Simms to lock us in. Rodgers, with Simms backing up, would have been a wiser way to go.

In Verner We Trust

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 21, 2010, 06:20:04 PM

Gruden isn't here Raheem is, no use living in the past, Gruden was GREAT for this team and he is responsible for the happiest day of my life when we won the super bowl but he's not here anymore so it's pointless to keep starting pissing matches with gruden and raheem supporters. The whole thing is so stupid, we are ALL bucs fans but everyone here likes to fight about coaches, so lame. ok im done.

How funny it is that this quote is only a slightly different version of other, a little more dated quotes that all started Dungy isn't here Gruden is,....

Since the firing of Dungy the entire fan base has been split into two camps.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 21, 2010, 06:30:11 PM

Simms locked us in Hate. Or at least the mistake they made was allowing Simms to lock us in. Rodgers, with Simms backing up, would have been a wiser way to go.

A 3rd round draft pick locks you into NOTHING. Ask Dominik how quickly he rid the team of it's 2008 2nd-round pick eff up.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 21, 2010, 06:36:12 PM

Yes, Cyber. One of the things you have to like about Dominik is his assertiveness. Michael Clayton should have been flipping burgers three years ago.

In Verner We Trust

Hate

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 21, 2010, 06:42:01 PM

Whoever let Simms prevent us from acquiring a legit qb(Rodgers,Brees) should've BEEN fired.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#38 : December 21, 2010, 06:47:41 PM

Whoever let Simms prevent us from acquiring a legit qb(Rodgers,Brees) should've BEEN fired.

It's not quite clear who that may have been, but it's pretty certain that it wasn't Gruden.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 21, 2010, 06:48:02 PM

Yes, Cyber. One of the things you have to like about Dominik is his assertiveness. Michael Clayton should have been flipping burgers three years ago.

True with Clayton but there weren't a whole lot of options out there when the Bucs re-signed Clayton other than Houshmandzadeh and he didn't set the world on fire when he signed the big contract with Seattle. You have to remember, their original plan was to draft a franchise QB and be a physical, run-oriented team last season which played into Clayton's blocking strengths. Once they had an opportunity to dump Clayton, they did, regardless of how much guaranteed money they had to pay him. What I like about the Bucs now is that they are quick to recognize their weaknesses and failures and try to make corrective steps (within their abilities) as soon as possible.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 21, 2010, 06:48:44 PM

You seem to be forgetting that he extended Clayton.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 21, 2010, 06:52:43 PM

He gave him a year to prove-disprove the notion that it was Gruden's fault that he failed. Quite obviously, it was his own fault.

In Verner We Trust

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 21, 2010, 06:57:29 PM

He gave him a year to prove-disprove the notion that it was Gruden's fault that he failed. Quite obviously, it was his own fault.

I see. So, he takes no blame for resigning that worthless turd, but does get credit for getting rid of the guy he signed? Hypocrisy at its finest.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 21, 2010, 06:59:07 PM

It's not quite clear who that may have been, but it's pretty certain that it wasn't Gruden.

pretty certain, huh?

Are you telling me that someone forced the selection of Carnell Williams over a potential franchise QB?

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 21, 2010, 07:06:14 PM

I'm telling you that Gruden didn't like Sims. If you'd like, I can probably find a quote of you saying the same thing.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does Anybody Miss Jon Gruden? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools