Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR PRESTON PARKER ALSO PLAYING SAFETY FOR BUCS « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: December 23, 2010, 02:44:35 PM

Tampa Bay rookie Preston Parker made the team as an undrafted free agent as a wide receiver and kick returner. But with injuries at free safety, Parker was moved to defense for three weeks and he got a quarterback pressure on a blitz on his lone defensive snap last week.

http://173.203.39.194/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=6593

nitey

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 23, 2010, 03:02:43 PM

Interesting. Not sure I'm in love (or even like) with the idea though. My gut seems to think we'd be better off with one of the new safeties playing that role, but I guess if it's an emergency, it is what it is.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 23, 2010, 03:30:16 PM

The kid's definitely a gamer. His aggressiveness shows up all over the field.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 23, 2010, 03:37:56 PM

many a WR has been turned into a  DB so it isn't that unusual and with the WR talent ahead of him this might be his best chance to make the Buc's roster in the future.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 23, 2010, 05:30:15 PM

Sounds like that could be a smart move for him as well as the team. If Briscoe is the real deal, the numbers are against Parker; he's not gonna see the field much as a WR. I'm also betting Tanard Jackson won't be back in a Buc uniform...

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 23, 2010, 06:02:09 PM

Sounds like that could be a smart move for him as well as the team. If Briscoe is the real deal, the numbers are against Parker; he's not gonna see the field much as a WR. I'm also betting Tanard Jackson won't be back in a Buc uniform...

And if he can figure the position out, he'll have better hands than your average safety. It'll be interesting to see if this goes anywhere. He's definitely athletic enough to pull it off.

Ratty

Practice Squad

#6 : December 23, 2010, 08:36:43 PM

Raheem loves playing Madden. I bet his rating skyrockets when you switch his position. I wonder if Lorig is better at FB, TE or DE?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 23, 2010, 09:04:24 PM

And if he can figure the position out, he'll have better hands than your average safety. It'll be interesting to see if this goes anywhere. He's definitely athletic enough to pull it off.
I am willing to bet Tanard will be back.  He can hit, he can ball hawk, he is a very very good safety, and the ost interchangeable, IMO.

His suspension will hamper his contract chances anywhere he goes...so my bet is he stays in Tampa.  If he bombs out again, which is apparently a very high possiblity at this point, he is banned, and the BUcs go back to their depth charts.  Tanard is still young, and won't cost a lot.  His contract will be loaded with incentives based on playing time, no matter where he goes.  He is stuck in that.

I would really like to see Tanard and Grimm on the field at the same time.  REALLY woulod like to see that.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 23, 2010, 09:30:32 PM

Raheem loves playing Madden. I bet his rating skyrockets when you switch his position. I wonder if Lorig is better at FB, TE or DE?
Some people (you) just try way to hard...  :(

awitron

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 24, 2010, 12:42:12 AM

I bet your stupid enough to think that because Parker was originally signed to play WR that its all he has ever played in his entire life.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

DA_OAKS

Starter

#10 : December 24, 2010, 01:04:00 AM

i like the idea.. the guy is a gamer.. and sam shields played wr at booker high and miami... and now is the starting safety for the packers just sayin
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR PRESTON PARKER ALSO PLAYING SAFETY FOR BUCS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools