Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount should win ROW « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: December 27, 2010, 06:33:42 PM

164 yards and a 9.1 average. He should be a shoo-in with those kind of numbers. No doubt at all this team has set a franchise record for nominations. Does anyone know what the league record is? The Bucs have to be somewhere close to that mark. Unbelievable. It just shows what can happen when great talent meets great coaching.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 27, 2010, 06:43:03 PM

Didn't Rob Gronkowski have 2 TD catches yesterday? I'm sure the M**CENSORED**s will find a way to get him the honors.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 27, 2010, 06:43:34 PM

The emphasis is "should.' Our rookies have been consistently playing well and getting nominated on a regular basis,  but other rookies have been having a "good day." Williams or Blount should actually be shoo in nominations and top 2 or 3 for ROY IMO, but unfortunately they are not the glamor picks.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 27, 2010, 06:55:28 PM

The emphasis is "should.' Our rookies have been consistently playing well and getting nominated on a regular basis,  but other rookies have been having a "good day." Williams or Blount should actually be shoo in nominations and top 2 or 3 for ROY IMO, but unfortunately they are not the glamor picks.

Williams and Blount are great success stories, given how they were acquired. They should rank two and three behind the Rams' QB for ROY. They are clearly the best at their positions. Still, Blount should win this week.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 27, 2010, 06:58:09 PM

Tebow

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 27, 2010, 07:02:50 PM

Tebow

Forgot about him, no way a Buc wins it this week.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 27, 2010, 07:14:29 PM

and people didnt want this dude on the team...

Best thing that ever happened to him was the punch, hes about to get paid!

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 27, 2010, 08:31:26 PM

and people didnt want this dude on the team...

Best thing that ever happened to him was the punch, hes about to get paid!

Funny how things work out.  He has found a home in Tampa and if he continues to play the way he has and stays out of trouble, he will get paid.

As I was sitting in the South end zone freezing my ass off on Sunday, I kept saying "Feed the Monster" once the 2nd half started because I knew it was only a matter of time before Blount broke off a big run.  The Monster was definately hungry as Blount was simply dominant in the 2nd half.  He is a stud

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 27, 2010, 10:01:59 PM

I love Blount, but Sam Bradford should be the ROY. 

pewterblood

Second String

#9 : December 27, 2010, 10:49:18 PM

Yeah he should win it. But I wouldn't be suprised if Tebow wins it. The popularity contest may come into play.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 27, 2010, 10:57:22 PM

I love Blount, but Sam Bradford should be the ROY.

I obviously did not read the title of the post close enough.  He could definitely be rookie of the week. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 27, 2010, 11:48:59 PM

Suh had 5 tackles, his 9th sack, a forced fumble, and a deflected pass. Is he even nominated?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 29, 2010, 08:55:01 AM

I was just watching NFL Network.....Blount isn't even a nominee for ROW. What a **CENSORED**ing joke.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 29, 2010, 10:20:20 AM

164 yards and not even nominated? That's more proof that we don't get the credit we deserve.
It's all over the place. Mike Sando on espn.com didn't even have Blount among his top 10 rookies going into this game. Dez Bryant was ranked ahead of MW before he got hurt, even when MW had more receiving yards and TDs.

In Verner We Trust

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 29, 2010, 10:45:00 AM

Next year he will be the starter from week one and his numbers will be among the very best in the league. They won't be able to ignore him. The same thing goes for Freeman, Mike Williams, and possibly several others that are already on this team. I'm really looking forward to the draft and how any additions will impact this team.

Atlanta has to feel fortunate to have swept the Bucs. They better savor it while they can. I suspect it will be a long time before it ever happens again.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount should win ROW « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools