Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Our chances against the Saints « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: December 28, 2010, 01:54:44 PM

The Bucs have a slim chance to make the playoffs. The Saints have a slim chance to win the division. Still there is no doubt both teams will give it everything they've got. The Bucs are a better team than they were last year, even with a depleted defense. They won that last game last year anyway. They lost the first meeting this year, but the Bucs have evolved since then. I believe they can win this game. Brees has thrown 21 interceptions and they have no ground attack. Their defense is not getting the turnovers like they were last year. They don't have a lot of film on a lot of our guys because nobody has film on PS players. Bottom line.....this is NOT a slam dunk for the Saints. I can't wait to see how much has changed since the first game.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#1 : December 28, 2010, 02:01:17 PM

I think our chances will be based on how well our pass rush does

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 28, 2010, 02:02:58 PM

Chances are better than they were this time last year...but who knows.  They might see the Falcons up by 28 and pull Brees. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 28, 2010, 02:22:48 PM

On any given Sunday.....................

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 28, 2010, 03:05:14 PM

I think they actually improved with the Saints winning on Sunday. If you saw the interview with Brees after the game, he just talked playoffs. They're coming off an emotional, hard fought game on a short week having already clinched a playoff spot with no real expectation that the Falcons will lose at home to the Carolina Panthers.

I think we may see a very flat Saints team...and if the scoreboard shows the Falcons way up on the Panthers, we may see Brees and some of the starters exit early.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 28, 2010, 03:10:07 PM

On any given Sunday.....................
I agree, but I aint feeling good about it.

Bucs will have to win in a shootout.  Lewis, Mack, and Barber, as well as Jones...these guys are going to have to step it up.  A lot.  Lack of pressure on Brees means he is going to shred that cover 3 Morris might play.

Hammerhead

Starter
#6 : December 28, 2010, 03:17:24 PM

The coaches should promote this game as our playoffs, our Super Bowl for all the marbles, our biggest game of the year. Because here's where we can show the rest of the league and the media that we can beat a team with a winning record in addition to one fighting to win the division. Get these young Bucs really fired up to play like it truly matters. A win would give us momentum going into next year and maybe, just maybe it might earn us some respect from around the league and give these" practice squad " Bucs some confidence that they can beat the mighty foes of their division. Just sayin....

GoBucsYo

Second String

#7 : December 28, 2010, 03:28:44 PM

Considering the Saints have a winning record, the Bucs have no chance at all.     The Bucs can only beat teams with losing records that have their starting QB injured.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#8 : December 28, 2010, 03:36:09 PM

Considering the Saints have a winning record, the Bucs have no chance at all.     The Bucs can only beat teams with losing records that have their starting QB injured.

It appears that way - for this season. But I'll remind you that last season the Bucs beat the Super Bowl champs in NOLA - and that Buc team wasn't as good as this season's team.

Chaos

Starter
#9 : December 28, 2010, 03:36:21 PM

Our only chance of winning this game is to keep Blount running the ball effectively and  use up tons of clock!!  Drew Brees has always taken deep shots on us in the past and has been very successful in doing so, if he does that this weekend we may be in alot of trouble....Biggers has sloppy feet and bad hips, he takes alot of bad angles right off the line and he trips and falls repeatidly, he will get burnt vs the saints recievers.  M. Lewis is decent, but he is a succker for the double move, and  the Saints do that alot. 

They probly wont even be showing the scores of the other games in the stadium so the players will stay focused on their game!!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 28, 2010, 03:41:32 PM

I'd feel a little better if we have our own version of John Abraham. I hope Raheem watched what the Falcons did and tries to copy it as best he can with our limited personnel.

GoBucsYo

Second String

#11 : December 28, 2010, 03:44:09 PM

It appears that way - for this season. But I'll remind you that last season the Bucs beat the Super Bowl champs in NOLA - and that Buc team wasn't as good as this season's team.

Totally different situation.   Last year the Saints were reeling from a loss to the Cowboys that spoiled their undefeated season.    They lost all the rest of their regular season games after that.   The Bucs got lucky getting them at the right time and a lot of breaks in that game as well.     

This year they are coming off a win over the Falcons with a chance at winning the division.   I don't see a let down happening.    And a let down is the only hope the Bucs have - because the Saints are the better team.

Chaos

Starter
#12 : December 28, 2010, 03:49:56 PM

You really think the Saints played their best football in that game last year? NO....They already won the division, clinched home field, clinched a bye week and had a 17-3 lead at half time......they were just cruising and counting down the seconds....we scored and it was 17-10, they didnt care, they weren't even concerned until Spurlock returned the punt for a TD in the 4th , then it becasme real......and as soon as it became real they drove down for the game winning FG, we were lucky they missed it...This weeks Saints team is fighting to possibly win the division, a bye week and the #1 seed in the playoffs, this will not be the same slouched saints team we saw last year!!   They are healthy, on a roll, and we are playing with the replacements on defense...this game is gonna be tough as hell !!!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#13 : December 28, 2010, 03:56:38 PM

Our only chance of winning this game is to keep Blount running the ball effectively and  use up tons of clock!! 

So you're telling me there's a chance......

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 28, 2010, 04:01:56 PM

WE have every chance in the world to beat the Saints, odds say we won't but I would be willing to bet against the odds and pick the Bucs. We have the talent and potential. Can they prevent the mistakes and take advantage of NO mistakes? That will determine the winner.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Our chances against the Saints « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools