Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lovie Smith Says He Wants To Beat Packers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
: December 28, 2010, 09:53:45 PM

Regardless of the outcome of tonight's game, Lovie Smith still will play starters because he wants to beat the Packers. Source: Tony Dungy

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 28, 2010, 10:03:25 PM

That'sa bunch of you-know-what. If the Vikes win, Bears get the #2 seed and most likely will rest starters and go to the vanilla game plan since they will have the bye week. I don't buy it one bit. Having to cheer for the Falcons then the Eagles two nights in a row is a hard task, and things certainly are going in the toilet in a hurry for the Bucs.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#2 : December 28, 2010, 10:16:29 PM

People complain about weak divisions like the NFC West still sending a team to the playoffs, but this is the reason why; it creates rivalries. All of your games with division opponents mean twice as much as regular games. Rivalries are an important part of the psychology of sports. It's good for the fans, good for the NFL.

Division rivals become very familiar with each other since they play each other twice a year and each game is twice as important as non-division games. The Steelers are going to Cleveland this weekend. Pittsburgh is a much better team, but they can't take that for granted because I'll guarantee you that the Browns would like nothing better than to take home field away from the Steelers.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 28, 2010, 10:23:10 PM

That'sa bunch of you-know-what. If the Vikes win, Bears get the #2 seed and most likely will rest starters and go to the vanilla game plan since they will have the bye week. I don't buy it one bit.

If my math is correct, Bears can get the 1 seed with a win and a Falcon/Saint loss which means they'll be playing.

Plus, at Lovie's introductory presser, he said his #1 goal was to beat the Packers. I'm sure they'd take great joy in knocking them out of the playoffs. They're gonna play!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 28, 2010, 10:30:41 PM

OK, they might play -- until Cutler, or Hester or Matt Forte takes the first really good shot. Then things might get re-assessed pretty quickly. Holy cow Vick just fumbled again!!! I was looking forward to some drama this Sunday but the chance for that is quickly disappearing. Anyway, can you imagine the heat Lovie would take if one of the Bears' best players gets hurt and out for the playoffs? They've remained pretty healthy this year which no doubt has helped them in winning some games -- that and playing a 3rd string QB most weeks. :)

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 28, 2010, 10:33:43 PM

OK, they might play -- until Cutler, or Hester or Matt Forte takes the first really good shot. Then things might get re-assessed pretty quickly. Holy cow Vick just fumbled again!!! I was looking forward to some drama this Sunday but the chance for that is quickly disappearing. Anyway, can you imagine the heat Lovie would take if one of the Bears' best players gets hurt and out for the playoffs? They've remained pretty healthy this year which no doubt has helped them in winning some games -- that and playing a 3rd string QB most weeks. :)

The Bears could be playing for home field no team in their right mind wouldn't give there all for a 1st round bye and home field throughout the playoffs if you think otherwise then you must not know much about football

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 29, 2010, 12:38:30 AM

And why would they want to lay down and let their division rival INTO the playoffs? Thats craziness!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 29, 2010, 12:51:41 AM

And why would they want to lay down and let their division rival INTO the playoffs? Thats craziness!!
He wouldn't.  Lovie is not kidding when he says he wants to beat the Packers.  He has never kidded about this matter.  He made it a very clear that this fire burns.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 29, 2010, 01:17:11 AM

I hope you guys are right.  But if Cutler gets hurt, Lovie is going to have to explain why he had him with the Bye locked up.. I don't think it's worth the risk.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 29, 2010, 02:29:20 AM

Bears will know whether or not they have a chance at that first seed by the time their game starts. If not, I don't see their starters playing the entire game.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/12/vikings-beat-eagles-bears-clinch-first-round-bye.html

The Vikings beat the Eagles 24-14 on Tuesday night to give the Bears a first-round playoff bye with the No. 2 seed in the NFC. The Bears still have an outside chance at the No. 1 seed if both the Falcons and Saints lose on Sunday and the Bears beat the Packers.

Chaos

Starter
#10 : December 29, 2010, 02:35:26 AM

Lovie Smith is not gonna let the Packers get a free pass to the playoffs by resting his starters, believe you me, he would much rather see the Packers at home...He will play his starters!!! 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 29, 2010, 02:44:46 AM

believe you me, he would much rather see the Packers at home...He will play his starters!!!

There's no scenario where he wouldn't see the Packers at home if they make the playoffs.

Chaos

Starter
#12 : December 29, 2010, 03:02:36 AM

believe you me, he would much rather see the Packers at home...He will play his starters!!!

There's no scenario where he wouldn't see the Packers at home if they make the playoffs.
HE WOULD  RATHER SEE THE PACKERS AT HOME ( ON THE COUCH ) WATCHING THE PLAYOFFS ON TV !!!  Hense the first sentence, Lovie Smith isnt gonna rest his starters and give the Packers a free pass to the playoffs!!!

donny77

Starter

#13 : December 29, 2010, 03:35:56 AM

Who would you rather play?  Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers or New York and Eli Manning?  He'll want the Pack out of the playoffs.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 29, 2010, 07:17:07 AM

Lovie Smith is not gonna let the Packers get a free pass to the playoffs by resting his starters, believe you me, he would much rather see the Packers at home...He will play his starters!!!

I completely agree.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lovie Smith Says He Wants To Beat Packers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools