Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Noel Devine « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

: December 29, 2010, 10:18:20 AM

I think we need to seriously consider drafting him, he should be available in the third, he was hurt all this season and we had a pathetic of an excuse of an offensive coordinator so he didn't have as stellar of a year as the past but the kid is a playmaker. I think he would be perfect with blount, he is a threat to take it to the house. JDouble has talked about him on here, here as some highlights.

Freshman

Sophomore

Junior.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 29, 2010, 10:22:22 AM

Id love nothing more...but that foot's gotta heal first.  Otherwise its a pretty big risk.  I see him getting taken in the 4th or 5th.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 29, 2010, 10:45:50 AM

I do believe we need a scat back to team with LG. Noel, if healthy, would be a great candidate - as would Jeff Demps at Florida if he comes out. There's of course LaMichael James...but I don't think the Bucs spend a high pick on an offensive player this year.

Can Kareem Huggins be the change of pace back? I'm not sure...

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 29, 2010, 10:46:47 AM

Toddman, if he comes out, is a better option.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 29, 2010, 10:48:16 AM

I'd rather see what Huggy has for us this year before we go draft a scatback

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 29, 2010, 01:20:47 PM

If he's there in the 3rd I'd love to draft him. No RBs before the 3rd though, and if he's gone then we can get a good young RB in the later rounds. Devine is the only RB I'd draft before the 5th round.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#6 : December 29, 2010, 01:22:43 PM

too many other needs on this team now to address RB IMO. Blount helped us tremendously in that we can focus on OL, DE, LB, etc.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#7 : December 29, 2010, 02:21:54 PM

I think he'll be gone by the end of the 2nd round....  If Rah and Dom stick to their BPA model it's a possibility if he's there in the 3rd....

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 29, 2010, 02:25:13 PM

I'd rather have a bruiser who can catch like Snelling or Tolbert

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 29, 2010, 02:30:02 PM

I say no way, but not because of talent.  Because of trust.  Do you trust blount with blitz pickup?  Do you trust devine with blitz pickup?  Let's fill our crucial needs before filling our wants.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 29, 2010, 02:39:13 PM

I know he has talent but I agree with every reason on here to not draft him or any rb high. I'd like to still see what huggins has and if maybe we resign caddy if not I want a guy who can pick up the blitz and convert when we need him.

A lot had a man crush on him and he looks to be a little injury prone but id like to see the bucs take a look at Brian Leonard. He's a hell of a 3rd down back.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 29, 2010, 02:45:31 PM

A lot had a man crush on him and he looks to be a little injury prone but id like to see the bucs take a look at Brian Leonard. He's a hell of a 3rd down back.
I think you might have the two switched.  Noel has only had one significant injury since starting as a Freshman (and running the ball an ef load of times). 

Leonard just got put on IR this year for an ankle, had foot problems this year,  and has had shoulder problems since the end of his rookie year (had surgery on both of them that offseason).

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 29, 2010, 03:09:50 PM

Devine isn't injury prone. His only major injury is his toe this year and he has played thru it all year. That's pretty amazing considering he has 729 carries and 98 receptions in his college career.

If we drafted Devine it would be to replace Caddie as the 3rd down back. Caddie will be back next year, but Devine would replace him at some point. Considering how little he would be getting touches compared to college, I'm not concerned with injuries at all with Devine. The only concern with Devine is that he has two kids and has been a bit of a thug in the past.

We would still need solid #2 that could take on #1 duties if Blount goes down with injury.
: December 29, 2010, 03:11:41 PM JDouble

Chaos

Starter
#13 : December 29, 2010, 03:32:41 PM

Is Huggy coming back next season?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 29, 2010, 03:45:25 PM

Is Huggy coming back next season?

They gotta give the kid a chance, but let's be real. He was already a major under dog being an undrafted long shot from a small school, but he was also a guy that depended on his ability to cut and accelerate. I judt don't see him coming back from his injury to contribute next year. He deserves the chance to compete in OTAs, but we need to assume he won't be part of the plan and have other options.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Noel Devine « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools