Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Noel Devine « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 30, 2010, 02:36:05 AM

Who trusts noel devine to pick up the blitz for josh freeman next year?

I do. His highlights don't show a lot of pass protection because that isn't exciting, but if you actually watch West Virginia play, he is great at picking up the blitz.

Most running backs, including Caddie, throw themselves at a blitzers legs as a means of slowing them down. You don't have to be big to do that, just smart. If RBs actually needed good blocking technique and strength to block like a lineman, I'd agree he's too small...but that just isn't how it works. Devine benches 400+ and squats nearly 800lbs. He is short, but he is strong.

Here is one example of him taking out a DE that out weighs him by 100lbs.

Exactly Devine is a tough kid!

Yes this is the big secret behind him that will probably be talked about more during the combines. Honestly he's one of a kind. There's nobody out there like him and I've been hoping he'd one day be a Buc for years.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 30, 2010, 08:42:36 AM

I think Noel Devine will be taken earlier than everyone thinks. Some team is gonna surprise everyone and take him quick. Devine's been on NFL teams radars since he was a freshman in highschool.

I agree. I don't think make it out of the 2nd round.

Tommy

Starter

#32 : December 30, 2010, 09:03:21 AM

I think Devine is a good RB but I think we have our RBs of the future in Blount, Huggy and Lumpkin. Besides Blount's playing style meets the role of a scat-back. I think we need to seriously show the D and OL some love this year.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 30, 2010, 09:07:20 AM

Why do people continue to think Huggins is a reliable part of our backfield? I was the guys biggest cheerleader but it's time to face reality folks. He's injury prone. Two years in a row he went on IR. He's got a torn ACL now. He'll get a shot in OTAs and he could pull out a miracle, but the odds are leaning heavily torwards Huggins being done in the NFL. Time to move on. The Huggins experiment is over.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 30, 2010, 09:20:46 AM

Besides, he would be a 3rd down back. 90% of the time he'd be in the game he'd be running a quick route out of the back field, not blocking.

so on passing 3rd downs, who is blocking for freeman 90% of the time?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 30, 2010, 09:44:15 AM

Besides, he would be a 3rd down back. 90% of the time he'd be in the game he'd be running a quick route out of the back field, not blocking.

If you watch....there is nobody in the backfield blocking for Free on 3rd downs. That's why he's dumping off to Caddie on 3rd down so much.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 30, 2010, 10:18:52 AM

First: I would like us to try and resign Caddy. He has been excellent for us this year and has done everything we have asked him. He is responsible for a lot of Freemans success and he is probably the best back in the league when it comes to pass protection. He also is a good option as a second back. If we do not or can not resign Caddy then go ahead and draft Devine. He is the total package the only negative is his size but even at his size he is a good blocker and has very good strength. He weighs 178lbs and can bench press 405lbs. There are linebackers and linemen in this league who can't do that. Also, I think you guys will be stunned to find out Devine will not go in the first two rounds. I would be more shocked to see Devine to go in the second then if he dropped to the 5th.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#37 : December 30, 2010, 10:32:23 AM

If Devine is available in the later rounds 5th or later I would like to see him drafted, but this should be a draft focused of defense and offensive line.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 30, 2010, 10:40:25 AM

Noway McCluster goes in the 2nd round of a great draft and Devine goes in the 5th of a weak draft.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#39 : December 30, 2010, 10:48:05 AM

Noway McCluster goes in the 2nd round of a great draft and Devine goes in the 5th of a weak draft.

Not discounting Devine's talent, just saying he is not a need for the Bucs, I hope the 2011 draft is focused on Defense and the offensive line. Only thing I'd say is the level of competition that Devine faced was far weaker than the level of talent that McCluster faced week in and week out in the SEC.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 30, 2010, 11:59:13 AM

If you watch....there is nobody in the backfield blocking for Free on 3rd downs. That's why he's dumping off to Caddie on 3rd down so much.

This isn't true.  If blocking for the 3rd down back wasn't an issue, Blount would be in there.  Caddy is in there specifically for his blocking.

smove28

Starter

#41 : December 30, 2010, 01:23:57 PM

Why do people continue to think Huggins is a reliable part of our backfield? I was the guys biggest cheerleader but it's time to face reality folks. He's injury prone. Two years in a row he went on IR. He's got a torn ACL now. He'll get a shot in OTAs and he could pull out a miracle, but the odds are leaning heavily torwards Huggins being done in the NFL. Time to move on. The Huggins experiment is over.

I want Devine. Warrick Dunn was my favorite Buc ever (other than Sapp, and Lynch, and Brooks) and this guy looks faster and with Blount back there he can touch the rock 5-6 times a game either running or pass receiving . I would love to give Devine 5 touches a game one will be special. By the way, the Huggins thing needs to end.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 30, 2010, 02:35:22 PM

PEOPLE WE NEED OFFENSIVE LINE AND DEFENSE NOT A RUNNINGBACK SHEESH

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 30, 2010, 04:24:37 PM

^^^^^^^^^
We have at least 7 picks dude. You think we need to use all 7 on OL and DL? It's called drafting the best available player instead of reaching for need. Besides, the only position we are 100% set at is QB. If there is a CB or a RB or even a DT that is the highest rated player on our board when we pick....you take the best player. If Devine is somehow still there in the 3rd, he could very well be the highest ranked player on our board.

DiSalvo

Starter

#44 : December 30, 2010, 04:30:09 PM

Jeff Demps is better.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Noel Devine « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools