Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Noel Devine « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#60 : December 30, 2010, 09:29:24 PM

If you watch....there is nobody in the backfield blocking for Free on 3rd downs. That's why he's dumping off to Caddie on 3rd down so much.

are you suggesting that caddy plays on 3rd downs because the coaches think he is a better pass receiving option than blount?  honest question.  i believe the reason caddy is moving out of the backfield is because of miscommunication on blocks and OL getting beat one on one.

You seriously think that? You really need to break down some game film then.. Caddy is one of the best if not the best third down back in the league. His pass protection is an A+ and he at this time is a better threat out of the backfield receiving then Blount. There are a lot of blocks that Caddy picks up that the majority of backs in the NFL do not or would even attempt to pick up. Also his play recognition is way up there and Freeman trust him to make the correct reads.

A lot of those plays where Caddy is going out to pass are designed to pick up the block and if doesn't have a man to block to go out on a pass as a check down.

are your comments directed at me?  if so, what exactly do you disagree with that i said?

I misread your comments at first but more the part of him moving out of the backfield because of miscommuncation and OL getting beat.. him moving out of backfield is how the play is designed and is not directed towards the miss blocks and miscommunications. These are plays designed for Freeman to have that checkdown receiver if he is free and has no one to block.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#61 : December 30, 2010, 09:34:21 PM

He is by far the most complete back in this draft the only problem is his size.

how can you say this?  he plays in a spread offense, right?  so right from the get-go he has to learn a new type of football.  and his size is directly correlated to being the most complete back in the draft.  can he carry the rock 20 times a game?  can he pick up a 240lb LB continually?

i think he is a great talent.  but i do not believe he is a complete back, not do i believe he should be drafted high to play on 3rd downs and under 10 plays a game.

The reason I think he is the most complete back is because he can do everything but his downfall is his size (not his strength, 405lb bench thats more then some DL, and OL). But being such a small guy he has held up pretty well in college. Like I said if he was one inch taller and 10lbs heavier I think he would be the first back taking in the draft. Thats the big issue in the NFL if people don't think you can hold up your stock is going to the plummet. He is the type of player when he is on the field you have to know where he is or you can get beat. He is going to find a team and he may not be very productive off the start but he is going to ease into things and be a main part of whatever offense he goes to.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#62 : December 31, 2010, 05:45:19 PM

I'd consider him in the 5th round or later. Otherwise, I think we have too many holes that are much bigger than a complementary RB and I also think he's very hit or miss. I could see him doing big things in the NFL but I could also easily see him out of the league in a couple years.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Noel Devine « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools