Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You're the Owner: What do you do NOW? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

GenBrooks55

Practice Squad

#15 : December 29, 2010, 01:07:08 PM

If the owners are business savvy at all, they would use all that money ( for Cowher & crew) & get us  an elite Pass Rusher &  left guard ( if available).  After all they don't have to pay Gruden anymore !  I'd look for another good DE & another corner & with all additions coming through the draft, we'll be ready to take the next step !!!

In all, the answers are all "No".

Go Bucs !!!!

GenBrooks55

BucFanMatt

Starter
#16 : December 29, 2010, 01:12:10 PM

I was a sceptic regarding Morris's abilities as a HC going into this season, but given the performance he has managed to wring out of these young and unheralded players, the man deserves the chance to build on what he started.  Replacing him now would be a complete disaster.  Morris will have to show he can continue grow and develop this team in order to completely win me over, but I would be very upset if he wasn't given the opportunity.

\"Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither\" -- Benjamin Franklin

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 29, 2010, 01:18:56 PM

Agree with that Matt! Morris basically was given a "show me" opportunity and contract with options and has far surpassed any goals or expectations set at the beginning of the year. He has earned the chance to continue with this team -- Dominik too.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 29, 2010, 01:22:21 PM

I would hire him on the spot. For the position of the Glaser museum tour guide of course. He may have been in need in Tampa before, but I am very happy with what we have now thank you.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#19 : December 29, 2010, 01:24:01 PM

No thanks, we're riding with Rah and Dom.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#20 : December 29, 2010, 01:31:19 PM

Absolutely not. Its obvious, imo of course, that this team will run through walls for our coach. Throw in the fact that MD has proven he can find talent anywhere, whether it be in the draft, after, or from other teams, and its not even a question.....Oh yeah, and theres the fact that no coach has ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams (that should scare the Glazers enough if nothing else does)

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#21 : December 29, 2010, 01:33:20 PM

After all they don't have to pay Gruden anymore !

Correct me if Im wrong but wasnt his contract through to the end of the 2011 season?

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 29, 2010, 01:37:36 PM

Yep... unless he coaches this next season...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 29, 2010, 01:49:25 PM

No I dont think this would come close to happening unless the team had 5-6 wins this season. Morris has won over the players and they fight for him. They did last year when they had a 3-13 season evidence by the win vs the Saints at the end of the season. They also came back to win a bunch of games this season. This team has no quit on it and that is a product of the coach and the players playing hard for him. When you see this how could you not support the guy? Some trolls on here really have no reason to hate on the guy anymore. Morris is a positive, players coach. Whats not to like about that? Its really hard not to include race as their reason for not liking him and the fact that the guy is younger than a lot of long term fans now. Thats gotta be something they dont like about him. They cant relate to him. However when has this sport ever had anything to do with having to relate with the HC? I remember that was Javas reason for not liking him. It makes no sense to me but I guess everybody is their own person and is entitled to their own opinion. Regardless Morris will be here for at least another couple of years like it or not.   

cryptfiend

Starter

#24 : December 29, 2010, 01:50:38 PM

Given Cowher's demands, I would say no.  I would be a pretty **CENSORED**ty owner though, if i didn't try to negotiate and get all the leverage I can before I make my decision.

a) losing dominik is a deal breaker.  So far, in two years, this guy has been utterly brilliant.  Freeman looked like a bad draft day decision when we needed DT/DE so badly.  Freeman has turned out to be the steal of the last 2 drafts.  Ultimately, what freeman has that is so valuable is his willingness and DESIRE to work on fixing his problems, and making the bucs win.  This is freeman's team.  It would be stupid to trade freeman for any other quarterback in the league at this point.  Dominik made that call, and i dont honestly think you can say that very many of the fans would have.  In addition, Dominik made the call for williams (not as far of a stretch as freeman, but still...he took a shot and it paid off).  He made the call for blount, as well as price (another move not many would have made, having just drafted mccoy).  In addition he picked up okam later on in the year, which looks like it will be another steal.  This doesnt even account for the defensive back issues we've had...and amazingly, after so many injuries and issues, our defensive backs have not managed to suck horribly.

bottom line is...any deal that leaves dominik out in the cold is too rich for me.  He's the most valuable front office person we have.

b) the assistants?  olsen is the only one truly of any value...and we would essentially be replacing him with cowher.  I think thats an upgrade...though I would like to see olsen stay on as a qb coach for continuity's sake with freeman.

c) Raheem.  The players love him.  The players PLAY for him.  There is a LOT to be said for the motivation he gives the players...they just WANT to win for him.  Obviously with Cowher, Raheem wouldnt be the head coach anymore, but i think that losing him as defensive coordinator is foolish.  If Raheem is willing to stay as coordinator, I think he should.  That would be one hell of a slippery tongue and negotiation to get that kind of deal from Morris though.  I would think essentially paying them both head coach money would be required at the very least....not to mention some major ego soothing.

d) A big name in coaching, like cowher, or gruden, will also help to put butts in seats...which is something we sorely need.  We will make more money in the long run if we get cowher than we will end up paying cowher to be here.  I think its a win-win situation.

In other words Mr. Cowher.  I will not give up dominik.  If you wish to give up dominik, then you arent as interested in winning as i thought you were.  Furthermore, assuming Raheem is on board, I dont think you will find yourself a better defensive coordinator in the league...especially one for whom the players WANT to play for, and WANT to excel for.

Really Mr. Cowher...what this team lacks in terms of coaching is an experienced, strong voice.  You can provide that.  What we do have is young coaching talent with a lot of potential...and a talent evaluator who is ceaseless in his determination to improve the team in whatever way he can.  You can be the voice that draws them all together and gives them direction.  These young coaches, who will learn from you and adopt your way of doing things can be your legacy.  We have all the pieces in place for you.  Not only with coaching, but a team built around a very young quarterback who wants to win, and wants to put in the effort to win.  A young nucleus of budding stars on offense.  We are just beginning to put the pieces together on defense, and would love your input in that regard.

Sincerely,
The Glazers

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 29, 2010, 01:53:27 PM

JMHO - I just ain't buying that a coach will put butts in the seats.

Winning will as long as the Glazers get creative about the fan experience in RJS.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 29, 2010, 01:59:58 PM

Any coach is at a huge disadvantage in Tampa. The fan base is still decisively split into for and against the current coach. They swap sides when a new coach comes to town that's all. So all the Gruden lovers would love Cower and all the Dungy and Rah lovers would call the Cower bashers Gruden lovers and lossers and we would see 100 threads talking about how Cower is winning with Rah's team. This fan base has not been unified behind a coach since most likely John McKay. The media has a lot to do with that too.

I just hope Rah can build a winner, and stay for a long enough time and maybe close the divide and turn the fan base back into Buccaneer fans and not for and against fans. Bringing in Cower, or any other HC would just widen the divide.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 29, 2010, 02:02:37 PM

Sorry Cowher, Morris all the way!

Not only have Morris and Dom shown that they can give this team direction, but I really look forward to their drafts.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

donny77

Starter

#28 : December 29, 2010, 02:07:45 PM

When asked about his coaching search, Jerry Jones commented that no coach has EVER won a superbowl with two different teams.  Cowher was always a bridesmaid never a groom, until he got Big Ben.  He is essentially a Jeff Fisher that got lucky.  He will always have his teams ready to play and play hard.  Raheem Morris, has this team ready to play, and they play hard.  Talent is the problem, and it is being fixed by Dom and Raheem.  Raheem knows how to handle players off the field.  Cowher did nothing to steer Big Ben's decision making off the field.  Raheem can be signed with a nice raise to him for 3 million a year.  Cowher will want a minimum of 4 even if he is taking less to come here.  He could get as much a 6 or 7 a year.  This is a no brainer.  Raheem has the potential to be every bit as good as Cowher here in this situation for a much cheaper price.  That is not being cheap, its not being frugal it's being smart.  Why pay 5 million for what you can get with 3 million?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 29, 2010, 02:12:16 PM

Any coach is at a huge disadvantage in Tampa. The fan base is still decisively split into for and against the current coach. They swap sides when a new coach comes to town that's all. So all the Gruden lovers would love Cower and all the Dungy and Rah lovers would call the Cower bashers Gruden lovers and lossers and we would see 100 threads talking about how Cower is winning with Rah's team. This fan base has not been unified behind a coach since most likely John McKay. The media has a lot to do with that too.

I just hope Rah can build a winner, and stay for a long enough time and maybe close the divide and turn the fan base back into Buccaneer fans and not for and against fans. Bringing in Cower, or any other HC would just widen the divide.

As much as I hate it but you are right. It would be like that. Dont know why fans just cant support their team no matter who the HC is. The people who have ignored the Bucs because of Morris are really missing out on a good product on the field. Freeman and the offense are really fun to watch. Also the defense is full of no-name guys who are actually making plays. Its sad when people become fans of the sport just because of certain players or HCs because they miss the actual talent thats on the field. Its pure ignorance in my opinion. Some really misinformed fans who just make their opinions/judgments up based on their first impressions or past love affairs with former players/HCs. To me that is no way to live and is really missing out on the exciting new stuff going on. I think the fans will come around once we beat some first class teams and make the playoffs. However its really still just the beginning. This season was a huge step in the right direction. Keep it up and keep getting better, the fans will show up. The guys who were once Gruden lovers will come back to reality and realize that he is gone for good. They will also not want to be the only bitter fans in tampa who arent cheering on their team when they play big games in December and later. They will come around. At least I hope they do.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You're the Owner: What do you do NOW? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools