Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You're the Owner: What do you do NOW? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 29, 2010, 02:20:48 PM

You're the Owner: What do you do NOW?

Tell Cowher to go "F" himself!!

First off, I don't think Cowher would push for a job that isn't open.

Hasn't he already done that?
: December 29, 2010, 02:23:49 PM Hate

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 29, 2010, 02:24:44 PM

Ditching a young quality GM for an overrated coach, no thanks
He can take his single Super Bowl in 15 years and find somebody who he can convince that he's a real elite HC.
The way he's getting hyped you would think he's Bill Belichick, Chuck Noll or Bill Walsh.
I mean the guy missed the playoffs entirely in 5 of his last 9 years, I'm sick of hearing about these so called top teir coaches that will automatically turn teams into SuperBowl challengers.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 29, 2010, 02:31:36 PM

No head coach in the NFL has ever won a superbowl with two different teams....   right?

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

GameManager

Starter

#33 : December 29, 2010, 02:32:09 PM

Very thought provoking question but I'd have to pass on Cowher. You don't tear down what you're building as long as things appear to go according to plan. For the first time in a long time, I feel the Bucs have hope for the future. A young Franchise QB who's only 22, is a Pro Bowl alternate this year, and will only get better, two rookie receivers who look promising (maybe a 3rd in Briscoe), Pro Bowl caliber TE, an absolute beast at RB, some pieces on defense, players returning from injury, and another draft to revamp it. None of these would happen things would happen if it weren't from Rah and MD. I think Cowher's a good coach but a little bit overrated because he worked for arguably the best run organization in the league with patient owners who have hired only 3 HCs since 1969. I also think he'll probably want to coach the Giants if Coughlin gets fired since they're more of a finished product than the Bucs.

The Tampa Tri-force!!!!!!!!

GameManager

Starter

#34 : December 29, 2010, 02:35:11 PM

No head coach in the NFL has ever won a superbowl with two different teams....   right?
Correct.

The Tampa Tri-force!!!!!!!!

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 29, 2010, 02:39:51 PM

the scary part of the idea is you'd certainly lose the team...   Coach Morris has these guys playing hard and consistently.

For that matter, I think that may be one of his toughest challenges next season (if there is one.)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

pewterblood

Second String

#36 : December 29, 2010, 04:12:00 PM

I'm not sold on Raheem, but I would still keep him. I would consider Cohwer's proposal next year depending on the performance of the Bucs in a tougher schedule.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 29, 2010, 04:48:54 PM

Rumors and speculation. No proof that he's done that. And with Rah being a candidate for COTY, I highly doubt Cowher even has Tampa on his mind this time.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 29, 2010, 05:51:09 PM

Rumors and speculation. No proof that he's done that. And with Rah being a candidate for COTY, I highly doubt Cowher even has Tampa on his mind this time.

If Mort reported this in error, Cowher should sue him for slander. And there's no potential job opening here so Tampa shouldn't be on his mind.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#39 : December 29, 2010, 06:06:59 PM

I'm not sold on Raheem, but I would still keep him. I would consider Cohwer's proposal next year depending on the performance of the Bucs in a tougher schedule.

What exactly about Cowher do you like? Other than one SB, doesn't he have a medicore record?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 29, 2010, 06:10:48 PM

He's a big name!!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#41 : December 29, 2010, 06:24:00 PM

He's a big name!!

Got his SB on the coattails of Roethlesberger.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 29, 2010, 06:33:01 PM

The defense, offensive line and ground game got Cowher his Superbowl ring.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 29, 2010, 06:34:02 PM

I'm actually surprised to see so much common sense in this thread.  Hang up the phone and ride Raheem as far as he'll take us!

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 29, 2010, 06:48:14 PM

Well first I'd have to look at what we currently have. We have Dominik, a GM who has had his issues in free agency but has had 2 very impressive drafts and in just two years has brought in what appear to be a franchise QB, RB, and WR. Hard to argue with that kind of performance. We have Morris, a guy who is at least a very good DC and who has shown huge growth in his second year as head coach. Based on his poor previous year and only 2 years of experience he's probably still in the lower half of the current NFL coaches list, but he has shown the ability to learn very quickly and he isn't afraid at all to make necessary changes, even if that means making a previous decision of his look bad. Furthermore, we have an extremely young team that is still growing and learning and loves Morris. Making a change could potentially throw off that growth quite a bit.

I think Cowher is the type of coach you bring in for a team like the Vikings or Cowboys...teams that are loaded with youth and veteran talent and are ready to win now but need a competent coach who has been there before. That's why Gruden won a Super Bowl with us(we had this team under Dungy, who was competent but seemed to have soured on the team a bit), and that's what teams like the Boys and Vikes need: a kick in the rear end. A change of scenery from the coaching position.

A team like ours who is also loaded with talent but almost exclusively YOUNG talent needs consistency. Constant change, particularly among coaches and gameplans, can be very detrimental to their growth. Obviously if your coach simply has no idea what he's doing at all(Singletary, McDaniels) change needs to be made, but Morris has shown that he's picking it up very quickly.

Cliff notes: No.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You're the Owner: What do you do NOW? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools