Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You're the Owner: What do you do NOW? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#45 : December 29, 2010, 07:42:42 PM

No, for 2 reasons. We would switch to the 3-4 and we don't have 3-4 guys, second reason Dominik has done an excellent job.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#46 : December 29, 2010, 08:43:20 PM

It depends on what my agenda is.  If I want to build the team and try to fill RJS again, I say thanks but no thanks.  If I want to continue to have blackouts with the idea that it helps me in my effort  to move the team to LA then I say yes and clean house.  That would guarantee that much of the current fan base would revolt and stop attending games and help me with my move/sale of the Bucs.

my sources and my lawyers both have said that the Glazers have a lease with the County until 2028..  They are not going to pathetic LA.. You can take that to the bank.

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

watson

Hall of Famer
#47 : December 29, 2010, 09:27:44 PM

It depends on what my agenda is.  If I want to build the team and try to fill RJS again, I say thanks but no thanks.  If I want to continue to have blackouts with the idea that it helps me in my effort  to move the team to LA then I say yes and clean house.  That would guarantee that much of the current fan base would revolt and stop attending games and help me with my move/sale of the Bucs.

my sources and my lawyers both have said that the Glazers have a lease with the County until 2028..  They are not going to pathetic LA.. You can take that to the bank.
And they can make the case that they are not being supported by the Tampa fans and if they wanted to, they will find a way to get out of that lease.  Most leases have clauses in them that allows one party or the other to break the lease.  There is no way that anyone can say for absolutely sure that the Bucs are not going to LA.  You can believe it won't happen, but unless you own the team, you can't know it for sure.  I don't know that they will ever leave Tampa, but it is possible.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#48 : December 30, 2010, 12:35:38 AM

Yep... unless he coaches this next season...

Right, but I think he enjoys his job enough right now to accept the the double paycheque. Thats just me though.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#49 : December 30, 2010, 09:20:52 AM

Interesting how sentiment has changed now that RM/MD have had some time to get to work.

watson

Hall of Famer
#50 : December 30, 2010, 10:12:18 AM

Interesting how sentiment has changed now that RM/MD have had some time to get to work.

For me, it wouldn't matter who the GM and HC were at this point.  My concern is it would set the team back to 2009 and would hurt the growth of the young players that have been brought in over the last 2 years.....especially the QB.  I've heard it said many times that is usually takes a QB into his 3rd year in a system to really grasp the concept and be able to just play versus think.  JF has been under this (or should I say a version of this) system for the last 2 years.  He has shown that he is comfortable in it and I don't want to see him have to start over.  That sentiment also goes for all the other young players, but just not to the same degree of impact for them.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#51 : December 30, 2010, 11:51:07 AM

I'd thank him, decline, hang up and sign Dom/Raheem to a 3 year contract and the all the assistants because regardless of the CBA - there will be football again and if i want to truly field a contender I want my staff locked up for the long haul.

Picking up the 2 year option on the existing contract is really just a 1 year if i dont want the staff to be lame ducks in 12 months anyways. regardless of the SoS they have done a phenomenal job and I want to see where this goes.
: December 30, 2010, 11:53:42 AM whocares

Lombardi_Stacks

Starter
#52 : December 30, 2010, 01:45:56 PM

Decline, Bucs have a good thing going great with another good off season.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You're the Owner: What do you do NOW? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools