Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PETTITION TO BAN FANMAN/JAVA/RAMFAN AND ALL OF HIS/HER IP ADDRESSES « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 30, 2010, 08:44:58 AM

I'd love to be rid of that moron, but I think he'll always find a way back on here, no matter how many times they ban him.

A better request would be for PR to fix the ignore feature so you can ignore more than one poster....then for everyone to actually use it instead of responding to said moron.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 30, 2010, 09:14:11 AM

I don't care either way. His trolling has become ridiculous, and there's a tragic/absurd humor to be found in his efforts to get attention and degrade this team. He's not a fan of the Buccaneers and we know this for a fact, because if he were he wouldn't make some of the mindless comments he makes. There's legitimate criticism and then there's absurdity, and he's provided far more of the latter than the former.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 30, 2010, 09:21:20 AM

I PM'd Scott weeks ago with this.

Ban his ass.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 30, 2010, 09:32:21 AM

Unfortunately these people or trolls or whatever you like to call them have the same right to post their opinions here regardless of how accurate most of us feel they are. Kicking someone out doesn't because they are a glass half full type of person doesn't seem right.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 30, 2010, 09:36:22 AM

Unfortunately these people or trolls or whatever you like to call them have the same right to post their opinions here regardless of how accurate most of us feel they are. Kicking someone out doesn't because they are a glass half full type of person doesn't seem right.

From the Terms of Service: "6. Absolutely no trolling or flaming is allowed. Bucs fans and foes are welcome to create discussions and contribute, but mindless flaming will not be tolerated and those posts will be deleted without warning."

All Java does is instigate.  He posts completely ridiculous things to instigate and elicit a certain, negative reaction.  Everything he posts is pessimistic -- not because it's true -- but so he can get a rise out of other posters.  Sounds like mindless flaming to me.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 30, 2010, 09:37:55 AM

Nonsense. This is a fansite for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and there are rules to posting here. You don't have to allow people that post off subject or people that constantly try to start arguments or insult other people.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 30, 2010, 09:42:04 AM

Signing

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 30, 2010, 09:44:10 AM

What's nuts about Java, is that when Gruden was the head coach, he was actually a decent contributing poster.  Then he went all in against Raheem (understandable, several people did the same when Gruden was hired), but he's been unwilling to fold.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 30, 2010, 09:47:51 AM

Java has shown his racist side to many times to question why he can't learn to respect Raheem.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 30, 2010, 10:11:37 AM

Signed and Delivered

BuccaNova

Starter
#25 : December 30, 2010, 10:34:57 AM

It's like watching an old broken-down nazi spend his every waking hour tottering down to the synagogue and yelling at the people going in and out.  Sad, pointless, and annoying.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 30, 2010, 10:51:35 AM

What is sad is the fact that the 2 threads on the front page of the Red Board Forum that have had the most views and posts are the 2 troll threads that FanMan/Java posted. So that tells you right there that what he is doing is working. Everyone seems to be taking his bait.........

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1276949.0.html

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1276889.0.html

I agree with Cyber. The angry response and ban threads are the exact response this person is looking for. If you hate it so much, why feed into it? I don't think I have ever replied to a thread that he/she has posted because there is no point. The goal is not meaningful banter. The goal is to tick people off. By not ignoring it you give power to it.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 30, 2010, 11:41:05 AM

It's pretty obvious the guy is not playing with a full deck, and simply craves attention. You have to feel sorry for a person so desperate that abuse is somehow a comfort to him. Anything is better than being ignored. The venomous attacks on Raheem have to have some basis in racism after all he has done for this team. It's not logical that just a typical fan of another team would spew that much pure hatred for the man. It's bad enough that he ignores anything good, but he also just straight out lies. What purpose does that serve, and why claim to be a fan of the team? Only a person with SERIOUS mental issues would go to the great lengths,and waste so much time, looking for someone to fight with. It's hard to really enjoy any of the threads that he takes a dump in. Any meaningful discussion gets sidetracked and distorted.

Add my name to the petition please. This is absolutely the best board there is for discussing the Bucs. It would be even better without this guy.

LABuc

Starter

#28 : December 30, 2010, 11:49:58 AM

Signing

Derrick Brooks, NFL Hall of Fame Class of 2014.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 30, 2010, 11:50:15 AM

I don't care either way. His trolling has become ridiculous, and there's a tragic/absurd humor to be found in his efforts to get attention and degrade this team. He's not a fan of the Buccaneers and we know this for a fact, because if he were he wouldn't make some of the mindless comments he makes. There's legitimate criticism and then there's absurdity, and he's provided far more of the latter than the former.

Well stated, agree.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PETTITION TO BAN FANMAN/JAVA/RAMFAN AND ALL OF HIS/HER IP ADDRESSES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools