Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Funniest NFL Quotes « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
« : December 30, 2010, 10:15:53 PM »

I thought it might be a good idea to lighten the mood on this board and do something kinda fun, so how about everybody post your favorite NFL player or coaches quotes of all time.

Muhsin Muhammad: "Chicago Is Where Receivers Go to Die"

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 30, 2010, 10:42:11 PM »

Jon Gruden: "Galloway and Bryant can't be on the field at the same time because they play the same position".

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 30, 2010, 10:49:07 PM »

Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck.
- Shula

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #3 : December 30, 2010, 10:51:31 PM »

John McKay: "Capece is kaput."

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #4 : December 30, 2010, 11:32:10 PM »

A few McKay beauties:

"We didn't tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking."

"Emotion is highly overrated in football. My wife Corky is emotional as hell but can't play football worth a damn."

"If a contest had 97 prizes, the 98th would be a trip to Green Bay."

At a post-game press conference in 1976 "You guys don't know the difference between a football and a bunch of bananas."

The following week after a media member has dropped off a case of bananas at his door - "You guys don't know the difference between a football and a Mercedez-Benz."

FreeWill

Starter

« #5 : December 31, 2010, 12:49:57 AM »

"You are the U-man. Come on Jameel! You know what? You're like my wife when you get in space, you just get lost." - Jon Gruden

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #6 : December 31, 2010, 01:07:33 AM »

"I don't know if I prefer Astroturf to grass. I never smoked Astroturf." Joe Namath on Astroturf

“I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first.”  George Rogers

“People say I’ll be drafted in the first round, maybe even higher.” Craig “Ironhead” Heyward

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

FreeWill

Starter

« #7 : December 31, 2010, 01:45:42 AM »

Lol. Here are some funny ones I found.

"Great commercials during the game. Especially like the Budweiser one with Keyshawn...I mean Leon." - John Lynch on the Budweiser beer commercials featuring the me-first football player Leon.

"The pads don't keep you from getting hurt. They just keep you from getting killed." - Chad Bratzke

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann (leave it to Joe to come up with this one)

"I feel like I'm the best, but you're not going to get me to say that." - Jerry Rice

"I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important -like a league game or something." - **CENSORED** Butkus

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
« #8 : December 31, 2010, 02:57:03 AM »

lmfao great stuff you guys. Keep them coming!

GoBucsYo

Second String

« #9 : December 31, 2010, 04:00:20 AM »

"I majored in Madden" - Raheem Morris

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
« #10 : December 31, 2010, 08:25:21 AM »

"You ain't seen nothing yet Tampa"-Jon Gruden after the 2002 Super Bowl

Needless to say none of us thought he meant, a return to Draft Pick Busts, and mediocre teams.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
« #11 : December 31, 2010, 08:27:03 AM »

"The future is so bright I gotta wear shades"-Jon Gruden after Bucs win the 2002 Super Bowl

What Jon didn't realize was that he was predicting how bright the Bucs future would be without him after the Bucs aquired Josh freeman, Mike Williams, Blount and a strong young nucleus.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #12 : December 31, 2010, 10:46:13 AM »

It's a funny quote thread intended to be light-hearted and humorous Bucpride and that means devoid of opinionated comments after quotes that aren't funny. C'mon man, don't pee in the punch bowl here.
Moving on -- "It's the NFL and that stands for Not-For-Long if you keep making calls like that"  -- Jerry Glanville to an official on the sidelines.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler

« #13 : December 31, 2010, 01:20:23 PM »

"I majored in Madden" - Raheem Morris

This is an instant classic.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #14 : December 31, 2010, 01:34:51 PM »

“He couldn’t spell cat if you spotted him the C and the T.”  Thomas Henderson talking about Terry Bradshaw

"I want to rush for 1,000 or 1500 yards whichever comes first"   George Rogers of the New Orleans Saints

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theisman

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Funniest NFL Quotes « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools