Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Funniest NFL Quotes « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

danimal09

Starter

#15 : December 31, 2010, 03:10:45 PM

Following a Tampa Bay Buccaneers loss in their early seasons, McKay was asked what he thought of his team's "execution."

He replied, "I'm all for it."

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 31, 2010, 03:13:47 PM

"I want to rush for 1,000 or 1500 yards whichever comes first"   George Rogers of the New Orleans Saints

LMAO - I hadn't heard that one.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 31, 2010, 03:25:37 PM

"I feel like I'm the best, but you're not going to get me to say that."  Jerry Rice -

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 31, 2010, 03:30:01 PM

"Ronnie might have won the war, but the battle isnt over yet."

-Cadillac Williams on Ronnie Brown after he was selected in the draft by the Dolphins

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 31, 2010, 03:56:06 PM

I've been big ever since I was little.

William "The Refrigerator" Perry

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 31, 2010, 04:07:26 PM

He was an NFL coach when when Ron Meyer was at SMU:

"Don't tell me about the labor, just show me the baby."

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 31, 2010, 04:10:13 PM

Bob Hoying, Ohio State Buckeyes Quarterback - After winning a Big Ten title for Ohio State...

"I'm really happy for Coach Cooper and the guys who've been around here for six or seven years, especially our seniors."

Things that make you go HUH?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 31, 2010, 04:13:02 PM

Okay, not NFL but still funny:

I'm really happy for Coach Cooper and the guys who've been around here for six or seven years, especially our seniors.-Bob Hoying, Ohio State Quarterback

And former Houston and FSU HC Bill Peterson was a fountain of wisdom:

Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season. One word and one word only: Super Bowl

Lead us in a few words of silent prayer.

You guys line up alphabetically by height.

I want you guys to pair up in groups of three and then line up in a circle

I'm the football coach around here and don't you remember it.

I used to have this slight speech implement and couldn't remember things before I took the Sam Carnegie course.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 31, 2010, 04:17:55 PM

The shoulder surgery was a success. The lobotomy failed."
-Mike Ditka on quarterback Jim McMahon's surgery.

"We're not attempting to circumcise rules."
-Bill Cowher

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 31, 2010, 04:47:01 PM

Found these -

He can be a great player in this league if he learns how to say two words: Im full. (Jerry Glanville talking about 300-pound Lincoln Kennedy)

Whats the difference between a 3-week-old puppy and a sportswriter? In six weeks, the puppy stops whining. (Mike Ditka)

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 31, 2010, 04:59:53 PM

You can't have a "Funniest Quote" thread and leave out...

Not only does he have the NFC East record for touchdowns, but also the team record.

The Jets can only be disrespected by every team in the league

Eli Manning has been given the rice of passage

He's giving them all the confidences they need... he giving them the confidence that he need

I think it's his self-confidence in himself that make him so confident when it get down into the crunch time

Now the Colts are probably playing with more confidence than they ever have played since they been with the Indianapolis Colts.

They did a good job flying around the football field and carowzing the football carrier.

You cannot change the stripes of a leopard.

The strength of the Patriots, their offense, got... DEBACLED

If you want to stay perfect, you cannot go undefeated with a blemish on your record

These first three years was a transitional year for him.

Ed Hochuli messed up the Chargers' career. But not only their career; their season

Their defense is rated the worst defense in run-stopping defense

It takes more than just heart and brain... and brawns to go out here and win the game. You have to bring your brain to the table.

People don't understand. When you have a knee injury, whether it's a scope or whatever it is, there's something special about having that knee injury that's not real special.

These guys have been in a position of winning and leading the division. Now, they playin' catch up. And ketchup only good on French fries and fish.

They both can return kicks and punt return guys

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 31, 2010, 05:08:03 PM

He gave me headaches - figuring out what he was trying to say.  I finally said uncle and stopped listening

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 31, 2010, 06:07:46 PM

Here are some from Shannon Sharpe the player in front is who he's talking about(FYI):

WR Freddie Mitchell: "If I had his hands, I'd cut 'em off"

QB Jake Plummer: "They're about to take out the 'SN' in Snake and put an 'F' in front of it."

QB Kyle Boller: "You do have your teammates behind you: your fullback and your halfback, and thats only because they have to be."

QB Kyle Boller: "I've got a better chance of winning the Kentucky Derby on the back of a donkey than they have of winning the Super Bowl with Kyle Boller."

Head Coach Tom Coughlin: "I would rather die in an abandoned building alone, and my family not know what happened, than play for Coughlin."

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#28 : December 31, 2010, 06:31:24 PM

"I have 2 weapons....my arm, my legs, and my brain"

-Michael Vick

Hate

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 22, 2011, 01:28:16 PM

"I'm not here to make excuses, but we had injuries"..... anonymous :)

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Funniest NFL Quotes « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools