Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Auburn/Oregon most expensive game? « previous next »
Page: 1

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: January 06, 2011, 01:31:15 AM

Maybe the most expensive game ever. Seats close to the top earlier today went for over 5K each. Stubhub has pulled all seats and now require you to meet up with a stubhub representative to show you have the tixs before they post them. I heard many fans bought tixs on stubhub and the people didnt get them.  I just wish I bought more when I purchased mine before thanksgiving at face. If someone offers me 5K in the parking lot Im at the nearest bar haha

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 06, 2011, 06:34:15 AM

recession, huh?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 06, 2011, 09:44:05 AM

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksbeat/2011/01/bcs_national_championship_tick.html

I'm actually surprised that AU is outselling Oregon 2-1.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 06, 2011, 11:04:06 AM

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksbeat/2011/01/bcs_national_championship_tick.html

I suppose there are a lot of "hicks" with $5k to blow on a football game.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 06, 2011, 11:32:54 AM

Outselling now but when I called the fiesta bowl when I purchased mine the dude said it was 10-1 Oregon fans compared
to anyone else.

And yes I'm not surprised... One area it's a cult. I've read many oregon fans that have said I'd love to go but in this economy can't.

I'd say it will be 55-45 auburn fans. But in the town I'd bet more oregon fans since some
of the largest alumni areas are LA and Phoenix.

Put it this way auburn brought over 300 people on their flight more then any other school for a national championship game. Oh yeah Joe schad said auburn had grades appealed/changed so all the players could be elgible... It's a religion

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 06, 2011, 11:35:59 AM

recession, huh?

religion>house

most I've heard an Oregon fan spend that I know is 1200. But Joey harrington is auctioning tixs for
charity and they are around 5k

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 06, 2011, 12:09:48 PM

Oh yeah Joe schad said auburn had grades appealed/changed so all the players could be elgible... It's a religion

Where'd you see/hear that?

www.Atlbucs.com

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 06, 2011, 01:34:03 PM

Played clip on local radio. I know one guy Rumored was a starting wr. I personally want them all playing
no excuses

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 06, 2011, 01:46:06 PM

Played clip on local radio. I know one guy Rumored was a starting wr. I personally want them all playing
no excuses

http://sportsbybrooks.com/au-fails-to-lose-talent-due-to-grade-changes-29400

Yeah shady but nothing any other team wouldn't do.

www.Atlbucs.com

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 06, 2011, 02:28:15 PM

Idk about that...

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 07, 2011, 02:39:16 AM

5k for tickets!? Jesus, I'd love to have that kinda money to blow. Those better be 50 yardline front row tickets.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 08, 2011, 10:23:02 PM

I'm not.

In Bama, people eat sleep drink live college football. Like OBF said, it's a cult. Not so in Oregon. In Oregon this is an unusual event, something to talk about briefly while tending the Mary jane crops or before reminiscing about Haight-Ashbury or planning another Global Warming sit-in.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 10, 2011, 09:09:19 PM

I'm surprised, but not with the Barn being involved, but with Oregon. Anyone with any knowledge at all of football in the south, knows the $$$ AU shells out for their players, but Oregon? I' didn't know that they spent that kind of cash on their players......

Seats close to the top earlier today went for over 5K each.
Oh..... THAT'S what you meant by expensive.......

Still kinda surprising. Would have thought that Bama/Texas last year would have pulled in more. I went with my parents. They bought the tix, and I know that they wouldn't have spent that much. All I know about timing was that they bought them before Christmas. Anyone know what people were paying the day of the event last year?

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Auburn/Oregon most expensive game? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools