Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bowl Game thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 04, 2011, 11:43:16 AM

Ya luck maybe the safest pick at qb in years

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 04, 2011, 01:44:36 PM

Stanford hasn't played anyone...

Huh?

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#32 : January 04, 2011, 01:49:37 PM

Just watched the Orange Bowl, and wow Stanford looks good, not just good but freaking great. Really be interesting to see if there was a playoff how they'd fare against Auburn, Alabama, Oklahoma, or Oregon(again). Very curious to see the Ohio State/ Arkansas game tonight.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 04, 2011, 04:25:55 PM

Huh?

sarcasm. People thought they would get exposed for playing in a "bad conference"

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 04, 2011, 07:39:59 PM

Huh?

sarcasm. People thought they would get exposed for playing in a "bad conference"

The PAC a bad conference?? They are no Big 10 but bad?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 04, 2011, 08:00:36 PM

Huh?

Who are these people?  Stanford has the 10th toughest SOS in the country.  I saw or heard nothing like "Stanford hasn't played anyone" on here or in the media.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 05, 2011, 10:54:34 AM

The Sugar Bowl was probably best of the season thus far.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 05, 2011, 12:34:08 PM

Should have never been a game. Tressell offense is so predictable when he gets a decent lead.
I still don't understand how Herron was at the 3 when his forward progress was stopped yet they gave Arkansas a safety when they tackled him in the endzone.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 05, 2011, 12:49:33 PM

Should have never been a game. Tressell offense is so predictable when he gets a decent lead.
I still don't understand how Herron was at the 3 when his forward progress was stopped yet they gave Arkansas a safety when they tackled him in the endzone.

Because he broke free of the tackle.  If he runs for a TD instead of being tackled by another defender, it would have counted.  If he goes down immediately after being stopped the first time, he would have got forward progress.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 05, 2011, 12:55:41 PM

Because he broke free of the tackle.  If he runs for a TD instead of being tackled by another defender, it would have counted.  If he goes down immediately after being stopped the first time, he would have got forward progress.
It doesn't matter, he didn't run backwards he was pushed backwards. How can you rule it like that?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 05, 2011, 01:21:28 PM

Because he broke out of the initial tackle.  At that point, it was a new starting point.

Like I said, he could have just as easily ran for a TD and it would have counted.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#41 : January 05, 2011, 05:10:26 PM

The whistle never blew.  ACC Ref's were slow on their whistles all night.  Lot of pushing and shoving on both sides the entire game.  Great game that gave me even more gray hair

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 05, 2011, 09:46:26 PM

Huh?

sarcasm... using the National media. Its not bad because in a week you could possibly have the 2 best teams in the country. But its not very good. But I also think the SEC this year isnt as good as many think, never bought into Michigan State and Iowa, Big 12 was TERRIBLE. So in general a bunch of crap and a few great teams

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 08, 2011, 10:11:13 PM

Huh?

sarcasm... using the National media. Its not bad because in a week you could possibly have the 2 best teams in the country. But its not very good. But I also think the SEC this year isnt as good as many think, never bought into Michigan State and Iowa, Big 12 was TERRIBLE. So in general a bunch of crap and a few great teams

Yes, sarcasm. IMO, the PAC was probably the 2nd toughest conference the last 5 years. To me the toughness of a conference isn't in how good the top 2 are, it is can the bottom 5 or 6 regularly pull off an upset?

when bottom half teams like Washington or Miss St. beat top tier Big 10/Big 12 schools in the Bowls, that tells you how tough the conference is.

The problem with the PAC isn't the quality of their teams, it is on the business side. While the SEC and Big 10 have half a dozen direct bowl tie-ins, the PAC has 2. Kentucky, UGa, and Tennessee got bowl games, ASU didn't, think about that!

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 09, 2011, 02:12:33 AM

Lets be fair, Michigan is not a top team right now. They SUCK. They didn't deserve a bowl bid.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bowl Game thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools