Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will The NFL Ever... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 02, 2011, 12:28:58 AM

All sports are affected by officials decisions. No matter how hard we may try, you cannot weed out bad calls. I'm one who thinks there is too much replay in the NFL and/or that it is used incorrectly.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 02, 2011, 02:01:58 AM

If the league started charging? What do you call NFL Sunday Ticket at $300 a season? That's almost $20 per game. Add the DirecTV basic packages and you're talking a good chunk of change every year. I've dropped in the neighborhood of 2K watching the Bucs since 1998 when I first got my dish. I don't watch the NBA as often because it has virtually a permanent cast system. New teams rarely win championships. MLB is cool but doesn't have the same impact per game unless it's down the stretch or playoffs. NHL doesn't interest me much.

In Verner We Trust

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 02, 2011, 02:19:49 AM

If the league started charging? What do you call NFL Sunday Ticket at $300 a season? That's almost $20 per game. Add the DirecTV basic packages and you're talking a good chunk of change every year. I've dropped in the neighborhood of 2K watching the Bucs since 1998 when I first got my dish. I don't watch the NBA as often because it has virtually a permanent cast system. New teams rarely win championships. MLB is cool but doesn't have the same impact per game unless it's down the stretch or playoffs. NHL doesn't interest me much.

You can still watch NFL games without paying though, but if you do want Sunday ticket of course you gotta pay. Lucky for us we don't need to pay for Sunday ticket when we have the internet lol

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 02, 2011, 08:35:45 AM

Wasn't that reviewed and still screwed up?

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

DiSalvo

Starter

#19 : January 02, 2011, 08:42:57 AM

Replay takes too long is the only problem . I've never understood what the refs are doing when a call is obvious on the screen , we've all made up our mind a long time ago , and the ref stays under the hood for 3 more minutes....what the hell is he looking at ?? Naked pics of Jen Sterger ?

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 02, 2011, 10:49:00 AM

Replay takes too long is the only problem . I've never understood what the refs are doing when a call is obvious on the screen , we've all made up our mind a long time ago , and the ref stays under the hood for 3 more minutes....what the hell is he looking at ?? Naked pics of Jen Sterger ?

I agree and I think some of that ties in with the commercial break aspect.

The thing I really disagree with is the that replay is used for situations I don't think it was intended...at least initially. The beginnings of replay go back to a playoff game in which WR Mike Renfro was either clearly inbounds catching a TD pass or out of bounds clearly when catching a TD pass back in the 80's. It was an aggregiously bad call and the screams for replay were to control those situations. The initial intention wasn't to determine whether a blade of grass touched the ball as a receiver was catching it or whether a ball may/may not have been barely moving as a RBs knee may be ever so slightly touching the ground. My opinion is that those plays should not be reviewed/reversed in the first place.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 02, 2011, 11:39:24 AM

Like Hobbs said, you don't NEED Sunday Ticket. But if your name holds true, you know 300 bucks is well worth not having to watch Giants Jets and Eagles games, at least it was for me. And c'mon, 20 bucks a game? If you have Sunday Ticket and ONLY watch Bucs games then you're crazy and you're missing out on good football.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will The NFL Ever... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools