Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need the next brooks « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ZzJewbaccazZ

Starter

: January 02, 2011, 08:37:32 AM

Yes, I know we need a DE but we also need a Brooks. Geno Hayes is a backup playing in a starter role. We need to draft someone who can takeover what Brook's used to do. If Kerrigan/Clayborn are gone Akeem Ayers is the only real option for tampa to go.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 02, 2011, 08:47:31 AM

Easy to say, harder to do. Remember Brooks was considered too small to play LB in the NFL and was considered by many teams as a safety. This team won't be the recreation of the 2002 Bucs, but I do agree that the whole linebacker corp will need to play better and have competition brought in next season.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

DiSalvo

Starter

#2 : January 02, 2011, 08:49:24 AM

Yes , because there are hall of fame linebackers standing on every street corner....

ZzJewbaccazZ

Starter

#3 : January 02, 2011, 08:51:33 AM

Yes , because there are hall of fame linebackers standing on every street corner....
not what i'm saying. I just think we need competition because Hayes is horrible and I'd like someone with some potential.

DiSalvo

Starter

#4 : January 02, 2011, 08:58:11 AM

not what i'm saying. I just think we need competition because Hayes is horrible and I'd like someone with some potential.

I agree with you there. Competition is good.

I wouldn't say Hayes is horrible though. Sometimes he gets washed out against the run because of his lack of size and strength , but he makes plays from time to time also.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 02, 2011, 09:51:39 AM

you arent gonna find an OLB with more potential than hayes.  but you might find one who is more gap responsible.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 02, 2011, 10:32:07 AM

I dont think Hayes is horrible, but he is terribly inconisistent.  I dont think he realizes how fickle the NFL is and he is not guaranteed a starting job next year and could be out of the league in 2 years.  Morris knows he has to keep Hayes motivated and said as much a few weeks ago.  The Bucs need to bring in some quality competition to light a fire under Hayes because when he is on, he is a playmaker

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 02, 2011, 10:43:54 AM

If the Bucs need a HOF LBer to run this defense then they need to tweak the defense because the chances of finding one are remote. What they do need is either for Hayes to play better consistently or another guy to replace him who will play better consistently. Hayes has a history of playing well one week and disappearing for a couple of weeks. That can't continue.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 02, 2011, 10:59:03 AM

Hayes has played the best out of any LB on this team problem is his incosistancy

X Factor

Starter
#9 : January 02, 2011, 11:04:03 AM

Akeem Ayers is a stud, not sure how he fits in a T2 though... Seems like a perfect fit in a 34.
: January 02, 2011, 11:09:09 AM X Factor

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 02, 2011, 11:34:55 AM

Hayes has played the best out of any LB on this team problem is his incosistancy
When he is good he is very, very good.  Unfortunately too often he isn't good.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 02, 2011, 11:43:57 AM

Hayes has played well in 2 or 3 games. Otherwise he's been pretty bad.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 02, 2011, 11:47:20 AM

Rah will keep him until he can replace him...

37 special

Practice Squad

#13 : January 02, 2011, 12:01:06 PM

We need the next HARDY.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 02, 2011, 12:05:13 PM

Hayes has played well in 2 or 3 games. Otherwise he's been pretty bad.

Hes had 3 really good games.. other then that he hasn't played to outstanding but that is much more then I can say about any other linebacker on this team.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need the next brooks « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools