Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow « previous next »
Page: 1

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

: January 02, 2011, 06:12:52 PM

Has anyone else noticed that in at least 3 or 4 games this season (possibly more), Freeman has had to call a time out before a play and has immediately gone over to Winslow to chew him out for lining up wrong?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 02, 2011, 06:15:03 PM

i have noticed that.

But of course, between Zuttah's 90 degree snaps, and his inability to snap the ball on time...I think Zoot is more of an issue than a playmaker like Winslow.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 02, 2011, 06:40:09 PM

Damn, study that playbook harder K2/

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 02, 2011, 07:27:13 PM

Considering every team knows we are going to him on third down and he still manages to catch the ball, I'll let those slide.

smove28

Starter

#4 : January 02, 2011, 07:35:18 PM

Considering every team knows we are going to him on third down and he still manages to catch the ball, I'll let those slide.

Very true

-ts

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 02, 2011, 07:39:38 PM

I loved it how Freeman got in Zuttah's face today, and chewed out Parker for running the wrong route.

I was always curious whether he could do that or not, and he 100% can. Great to have a true leader.

And I'm 100% down with scraping the current OL except for Penn and I'd even keep Larsen.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 02, 2011, 08:22:24 PM

Winslow has done more than enough to get a pass on mistakes now and then. Wouldn't have achieved this record without him. But how do the refs not see the holding on Winslow on that 4th down play that ended up a touchdown to Williams? And for that matter, how do they not see the pass interference on Williams?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 02, 2011, 08:28:47 PM

But how do the refs not see the holding on Winslow on that 4th down play that ended up a touchdown to Williams? And for that matter, how do they not see the pass interference on Williams?

payback for the Lions game F@#k up...

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#8 : January 02, 2011, 08:31:16 PM

Doesn't he hardly practice, too? Could that be a reason for not knowing where to line up sometimes?

The quest for .500 begins...

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 02, 2011, 08:51:59 PM

No Turbo, I mean the Saints guys had a handful of Winslow's jersey and wouldn't let him out into the pattern which was obviously where Freeman was looking. Freeman threw it up for grabs to Williams in the end zone and the Saints guy was all over him too! No pass interference called on either Saints player. That was shameful!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 02, 2011, 08:55:49 PM

I loved it how Freeman got in Zuttah's face today, and chewed out Parker for running the wrong route.

I was always curious whether he could do that or not, and he 100% can. Great to have a true leader.

what was even better is how he ended those conversations, both very positive.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

ChrisH16

Practice Squad

#11 : January 02, 2011, 09:16:13 PM

I don't know, if it had to do with winslow lining up wrong... a lot of these timeouts were on 3rd down (or obvious passing plays) if I remember right.
and of course as everybody knows in a lot of our 3rd down plays winslow plays a big roll... so imo it had a lot more to do with Freeman not seeing what he wants to have (calling a timout and talking it over with winslow what he saw), than winslow lining up wrong...

However, great leadership by Josh all season long. He really improved from game to game and has really carried our offense
: January 02, 2011, 09:18:42 PM ChrisH16
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools