Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barber's announcement « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ChrisH16

Practice Squad

« #30 : January 02, 2011, 10:22:30 PM »

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this facebook account is a fake...

Beside of that, I believe he will come back for another season....

Nope if you look at his info page it says:
Verified by Facebook that this is a Celebrity account
Verified by Facebook that this is the real Ronde Barber

I can tell you this for fact, at the end of the Cincy game his facebook was updated and said something like "tough game, good win"  or something like that, but at the time that update happened he was still on the field shaking hands with players and talking!!!

lol... forgot about that

Chaos

Starter
« #31 : January 02, 2011, 10:29:25 PM »

I can tell you this for fact, at the end of the Cincy game his facebook was updated and said something like "tough game, good win"  or something like that, but at the time that update happened he was still on the field shaking hands with players and talking!!!

lol... forgot about that

The funniest one was when i got an email from Tiki saying that someone had stolen pics of Ronde and his family and created a fake facebook account, and to please report it if we saw them!   So i looked at Tiki's pics to see if it was really him and they were all of Ronde, and the next day that account was deactivated...lol....

ChrisH16

Practice Squad

« #32 : January 02, 2011, 10:49:39 PM »

lol... forgot about that

The funniest one was when i got an email from Tiki saying that someone had stolen pics of Ronde and his family and created a fake facebook account, and to please report it if we saw them!   So i looked at Tiki's pics to see if it was really him and they were all of Ronde, and the next day that account was deactivated...lol....

lmao... thats pathetic, maybe I should report this to facebook.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #33 : January 02, 2011, 11:18:01 PM »

Please come back Barber. We wanna see you go out in style like Bettis did. You deserve it.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #34 : January 02, 2011, 11:35:44 PM »

I remember an interview where he said he was still having fun, and would definitely return as long as Raheem was here and still wanted him. The thing he pointed out was that the decision was not his alone to make. The Bucs would have to offer him a contract. He also said he felt like he could play for another 3 or 4 years. Conditioning was not an issue. With the CBA still up in the air, I seriously doubt anyone has contract talks set for discussion any time soon.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #35 : January 02, 2011, 11:51:38 PM »

Now this is funny...so many wanted Barber to retire last year.

Barber is the man.  You could see the scheme was screwing with this cat...and so was Sabby.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
« #36 : January 02, 2011, 11:58:17 PM »

Barbers play underwhelmed me last year and I reeally wanted him to retire.  His play this year made me do a 180 and I really hope he comes back next year (if there is a next year.)

I must admit that Id rather see him give up the starting corner spot to either Bigger or Lewis though. I think Ronde would be best suited playing fewer snaps in the nickel, or switching to safety and playing in the box.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #37 : January 03, 2011, 12:04:54 AM »

Barbers play underwhelmed me last year and I reeally wanted him to retire.  His play this year made me do a 180 and I really hope he comes back next year (if there is a next year.)

I must admit that Id rather see him give up the starting corner spot to either Bigger or Lewis though. I think Ronde would be best suited playing fewer snaps in the nickel, or switching to safety and playing in the box.
Barber > Lewis.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« #38 : January 03, 2011, 12:10:41 AM »

Bucs Barber may have played his last game, ponders where he fits with team's future

Bucs cornerback Ronde Barber completed his 14th -- and perhaps final -- season on Sunday at New Orleans.
The last link to the Bucs' Super Bowl team is 35 and does not have a contract for next season. The lack of a collective bargaining agreement between the NFL and the player's union, coupled with the ascension of cornerbacks Aqib Talib, E.J. Biggers and Myron Lewis, makes Barber's future uncertain.

Barber sounded Sunday like he wants to continue playing, but he said the decision will become more clear in the next several weeks.

"There's not a list, but there’s definitely some deals,'' Barber said of the factors he will consider. "I have to fit into the future of this team, whether it’s a one or two year future  We’ve got a lot of young, talented guys at my position, regardless of whether I can play or not, if I still have it or mot. There’s other factors other than me just wanting to be here and continue to play. And it’s got to be mutually beneficial, that’s the name of the game. I’ll think about it. Whether it is or whether it isn’t my last game today, I played with a lot of pride, man, and had fun doing it. Those things will become clear I think in the next couple of weeks.’

.Posted by Rick Stroud at 9:41:23 pm on January 02, 2011
« : January 03, 2011, 12:18:23 AM michael89156 »

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #39 : January 03, 2011, 12:29:50 AM »

A lot of times, the agents and/or publicists hired by athletes/celebrities will maintain and update profiles on social networking sites such as facebook on the player/celebrity's behalf without out them even knowing about it. I know this for a fact.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

« #40 : January 03, 2011, 12:40:08 AM »

Barber > Lewis.

He's also better than Biggers who's play I thought deteriorated over the last few games.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

nbillster3

Practice Squad

« #41 : January 03, 2011, 04:28:08 PM »

This is not even a real page.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/jan/02/022111/bucs-notebook-defense-closes-season-with-signature/sports-bucs/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+tbo/bucs+(TBO+%3E+Bucs)

Read the bottom of this article.

Haha....well then its all fake after all. Good find

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #42 : January 03, 2011, 05:03:36 PM »

Emotion aside, from a football standpoint, I hope he comes back.  Other than Talib, I'm not very confident with the CB's without Ronde.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
« #43 : January 03, 2011, 06:11:41 PM »

I don't like the "it has been a good run" part :(

Me neither. First thing I thought of when I saw that was hes retiring.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
« #44 : January 03, 2011, 06:19:59 PM »

I have confidence in Biggers.
As do I. Did in the preseason, and still do now

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barber's announcement « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools