Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Solving our safety issues « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cryptfiend

Starter

: January 02, 2011, 10:38:18 PM

Champ Bailey at free, Cody Grimm at strong.

Champ wants out of Denver, and wants a move to safety.  Champ is one of the best corners ever, I think the move to free safety won't be that big a deal to him.

Champ is a bit older than is average for the bucs, but I think a) he has enough gas for a few more years. B) he will help to develop Jackson (if we choose to retain him) and Grimm.  He is also a quality player while we make sure that Jackson stays clean.  C) since he is a free agent, won't require compensation to Denver.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 02, 2011, 10:39:53 PM

I'd like to pick up Eric Weddle

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 02, 2011, 10:42:01 PM

I think they roll with youth.    Asante......Tanard......Grimm.......I am not sold on Lynch, I notice he gets a hell of a lot of penalties on special teams.

Chaos

Starter
#3 : January 02, 2011, 10:43:34 PM

We dont have safety issues.......Sean jones has gotten better and proven to be a legit starter, Tanard will be back, and we have Grimm, Asante and Lynch......We are sitting pretty good there....We need a MLB and DE

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#4 : January 02, 2011, 10:45:32 PM

Are you kidding me Eric Weddle is TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 02, 2011, 10:48:01 PM

We dont have safety issues.......Sean jones has gotten better and proven to be a legit starter, Tanard will be back, and we have Grimm, Asante and Lynch......We are sitting pretty good there....We need a MLB and DE

THIS

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 02, 2011, 10:48:11 PM

Are you kidding me Eric Weddle is TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I obviously disagree.  I think he'd be a stud under Lake and Raheem

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 02, 2011, 10:49:27 PM

Tanard shouldn't even be in the conversation.  If he's able to come back and contribute it's a bonus.  We have to plan as if he won't.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 02, 2011, 10:49:52 PM

That's what I'm thinking.  I don't see any issues at all.  I see us being stacked at safety!  We've got 3 legit starters and Lynch is a HUGE asset as a 4th safety that maybe isn't splashy, but doesn't make boneheaded plays 40 yards down field.  In our past we've had nothing but liabilities after our top 3 safeties, and sometimes before that!

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 02, 2011, 10:50:16 PM

I agree with Chaos, however I think we should look to improve the entire LB corps along with the OL.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 02, 2011, 10:55:36 PM

People, Tanard was suspended indefinably, not for a year. He can apply to the commissioner for reinstatement after a year, but the commish can say no. It is based off Tanards actions while suspended (which is why he is in rehab). So at the earliest, Tanard can't even start to practice with the team until after game two. You think after six days of practice, Tanard gets his starting gig back? No way.

And I agree about Jones playing good enough. Geesch, they held up very well today against the Saints when Brees had 4 days to throw the ball. They will be even better if we could find a pass rush.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 02, 2011, 11:00:30 PM

People, Tanard was suspended indefinably, not for a year. He can apply to the commissioner for reinstatement after a year, but the commish can say no. It is based off Tanards actions while suspended (which is why he is in rehab). So at the earliest, Tanard can't even start to practice with the team until after game two. You think after six days of practice, Tanard gets his starting gig back? No way.

And I agree about Jones playing good enough. Geesch, they held up very well today against the Saints when Brees had 4 days to throw the ball. They will be even better if we could find a pass rush.

Prediction: Marijuana is decriminalized world wide, the Roge allows Tanard back with open arms and a high-five after his reinstatement.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 02, 2011, 11:19:57 PM

That's what I'm thinking.  I don't see any issues at all.  I see us being stacked at safety!  We've got 3 legit starters and Lynch is a HUGE asset as a 4th safety that maybe isn't splashy, but doesn't make boneheaded plays 40 yards down field.  In our past we've had nothing but liabilities after our top 3 safeties, and sometimes before that!
I agree to an extent. If there's a certain player at safety at a certain spot in the draft you can't pass up, you take him, but we have Sean Jones under contract for another year and he played well the second half of the season, so it's not imperative we find his replacement right now.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

blackthoughtz

Starter

#13 : January 02, 2011, 11:52:34 PM

I think signing bailey as a safety would be tremendous for our secondary not because he is an aging shutdown corner, but he can definitely share his wisdom with our young corners and help them too become shutdown corners...

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 02, 2011, 11:55:37 PM

I think signing bailey as a safety would be tremendous for our secondary not because he is an aging shutdown corner, but he can definitely share his wisdom with our young corners and help them too become shutdown corners...

Because there's not an all-time great corner already here that could do that...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Solving our safety issues « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools