Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Solving our safety issues « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 03, 2011, 12:04:26 AM

No thanks Bailey will command a decent amount of money that could be used elsewhere on bigger needs and younger players

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 03, 2011, 12:48:50 AM

I'm down. Bailey would make a Rod Woodson like transition in my eyes and be a stud. Jackson is unreliable.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 03, 2011, 01:01:08 AM

So Barber is just chopped liver now?

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 03, 2011, 01:23:17 AM

Rather go after Dawan Landry,Bethea or Roman Harper(will cost to much though).

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 03, 2011, 04:52:39 AM

Eric Weddle should be in the probowl.

I am not the only one that thinks this.

BucsWin31

Starter

#20 : January 03, 2011, 05:02:10 AM

its plenty of good safeties in the draft, i'd like to see us grab one. Can't be sold on Astante because of 1 int. Lynch is horrible and no one knows when Tanard is coming back. We have shown before that we will go BPA over need (i.e Brian Price). Lets see what happens

nitey

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 03, 2011, 07:06:58 AM

As others have said, Jackson isn't even in the conversation. Not only can he not participate in any off season OTA's or training camp, he cannot even apply for reinstatement until AFTER the 4th regular season game. If reinstated, after no off season training program or camp, exactly what makes anyone think he can contribute at all next year?

Get over Jackson for 2011 folks. It isn't happ'n.

Grimm played well and doesn't have Jackson's issues, he's already probably considered the long term solution to the position. Jones played okay and probably will retain the starters position next season. I think the Bucs really like Larry Asante and I wouldn't be surprised if the Bucs brought in another Jones style player when FA starts.

JMO.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 03, 2011, 07:29:53 AM

We dont have safety issues.......Sean jones has gotten better and proven to be a legit starter, Tanard will be back, and we have Grimm, Asante and Lynch......We are sitting pretty good there....We need a MLB and DE

Grimm back and Tanard with Sean Jones rotating. It's pretty nice.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

DiSalvo

Starter

#23 : January 03, 2011, 08:48:28 AM

I'm all for picking up someone like Weddle or Champ to replace Tanard....Tanard can't be relied on( obviously , 2 suspensions in two years ) , and he hasn't been that great when he has played after his rookie season anyhow.

DiSalvo

Starter

#24 : January 03, 2011, 08:50:42 AM

No thanks Bailey will command a decent amount of money that could be used elsewhere on bigger needs and younger players

You realize how much cap space we have ?( assuming they keep a salary cap ) We could sign Bailey AND all the other needs elsewhere.

cryptfiend

Starter

#25 : January 03, 2011, 09:13:07 AM

Tanard won't be back in 2011.  As others have pointed out, Jackson will most likely be back, but will not have been in otas, training camp or practice until at least the fourth game of the season (if he is back at all.  The NFL is well within their rights to say that he just can't come back.  Period.).  That will have been one full year out of football.  Who knows if he has even kept himself in shape.  Not only that, but even if Jackson was ready to go at week 4, who knows when we would lose him again?  If you recall, after his suspension last year, he promised this would not happen again...

Further...we have character issues on the team.  There are no players who are bad people...but do we really need the distraction of a drug user?  Imagine if he got to talib?  Jackson is good but talib is great, and losing him to a situation like this would be catastrophic.  Really, Jackson should be waived.  He's good, but he has the opportunity to damage players who are better than he is.  We should not take that risk....especially with other options available.

Grimm is good, and should be in the long term plans, but I'm not sold on jones.  No matter what, he will be gone next year.  Why not replace him a year early?  He was passable, but not great.

Lastly, barber is awesome, and a great influence, but I don't picture him as a true mentor, like Bailey would be.  Not to mention, bailey and barber played the position virtually in polar opposite ways.  Both of them could contribute to the education of young players in different ways.

Bailey would also attract larger crowds as a big name (though not a huge name).  We are so far under the cap floor at the moment, that I think the investment would be worth the return moneywise on Bailey.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 03, 2011, 09:24:40 AM

Morris is very close to T-Jack and I think would give him one more chance if he does get reinstated.  The obvious problem is that you cant count on him even though you really want to because he is so talented.  I think we have one long term starter in Cody Grimm.  Jones played better as the season progressed but he is not the long term solution.  Asante is more of a SS than a FS and I see him more as a back-up to Grimm.  The case for making a run at Bailey is that you bring in a solid veteran presence who if he can make the transition, could be a dynamic ball-hawk type playmaker at the Safety position.

tmac87

Starter
#27 : January 03, 2011, 10:42:41 AM

If we can pick up Raheem Moore from (UCLA), Quinton Carter from (Oklahoma) or Deunta Williams (UNC) later on, then we should pounce. But only after DE need has been met. you could argue that what we have on hand at safety is better than what's on hand at DE, LB or OL. Overall, we have more glaring needs than a free or strong safety.

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

Chaos

Starter
#28 : January 03, 2011, 10:47:39 AM

People, Tanard was suspended indefinably, not for a year. He can apply to the commissioner for reinstatement after a year, but the commish can say no. It is based off Tanards actions while suspended (which is why he is in rehab). So at the earliest, Tanard can't even start to practice with the team until after game two. You think after six days of practice, Tanard gets his starting gig back? No way.

And I agree about Jones playing good enough. Geesch, they held up very well today against the Saints when Brees had 4 days to throw the ball. They will be even better if we could find a pass rush.

If Pacman got reinstated TWICE , im sure Tanard wont have a problem...The only issue for us with him is that he inst elligable for reinstatement until 9-22-2011   so he will not be a starter right off the bat....either way, we are good at safety...maybe add a veteran BACKUP but noone of starter caliber....

Garv

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 03, 2011, 10:56:39 AM

What safety "issues?"
No to BRINING IN past their prime guys you've heard of on Madden.

Cody Grimm is coming back and possibly Tannard Jackson to provide depth later in the season
next year,

Hardly a "concern" a message board posters needs to lose sleep over IMO.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Solving our safety issues « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools