Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Solving our safety issues « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 03, 2011, 10:57:29 AM

The only issue for us with him is that he inst elligable for reinstatement until 9-22-2011   so he will not be a starter right off the bat....either way, we are good at safety...maybe add a veteran BACKUP but noone of starter caliber....

agree.  if he's ready to play midseason ill be elated.  plug the holes this year and if tjax doesnt pan out, find a long term fix NEXT draft.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 03, 2011, 11:04:53 AM

you tanard haters are hilarious.

If micheal vick brutally murdered numerous dogs and bet, and got reinstated, wtf makes you think tanard won't be for smoking a plant that players will probably be able to legally use within the next few years? You guys are really something else.

Grimm and Jones are fine for now, and once t jax is back, we can slide over grimm and have grimm and tanard starting.

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#32 : January 03, 2011, 11:05:27 AM

T-Jax+Grimm=Best safety duo in the league.

Any combination of Sean Jones, Corey Lynch, Larry Asante, and a late-round pick are fine as backups.

cryptfiend

Starter

#33 : January 03, 2011, 11:29:18 AM

The issue is not whether or not he will be reinstated, and the issue is not how good of a player Jackson is.

The issue I'm referring to in the post title is that Jackson will end up being suspended again.  Jackson is NOT a long term answer at the safety position because he simply cannot be trusted to be on the field any given Sunday.

Jackson is only a short term solution while we look for a longer term answer.  The same can also be said of Jones and Bailey.  Of those three however, Bailey is a future hall of famer, and will add stability to a position that went through a remarkable amount of flux this season.

In the long run, this draft needs to be about defensive ends, linebackers, and offensive linemen.  There is no room to draft a quality safety at this time.  Next draft...we will see...but at this point, there are other positions of much greater need.  Safety needs a bandaid though, and Champ Bailey is that bandaid.

DiSalvo

Starter

#34 : January 03, 2011, 11:39:25 AM

The issue is not whether or not he will be reinstated, and the issue is not how good of a player Jackson is.

The issue I'm referring to in the post title is that Jackson will end up being suspended again.  Jackson is NOT a long term answer at the safety position because he simply cannot be trusted to be on the field any given Sunday.

Jackson is only a short term solution while we look for a longer term answer.  The same can also be said of Jones and Bailey.  Of those three however, Bailey is a future hall of famer, and will add stability to a position that went through a remarkable amount of flux this season.

In the long run, this draft needs to be about defensive ends, linebackers, and offensive linemen.  There is no room to draft a quality safety at this time.  Next draft...we will see...but at this point, there are other positions of much greater need.  Safety needs a bandaid though, and Champ Bailey is that bandaid.

Never trust a crackhead...

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 03, 2011, 11:48:49 AM

Sorry Ms. Cleo....didn't know you've chilled with jackson and heard him say" F this **CENSORED** I don't care about the nfl anymore i'd rather just smoke"....I forgot that being away from the game he loves for an entire year will have no impact on whether he wants to keep smoking.

and also, ricky williams is backin the league, but I guess a casual smoker like tanard would have more trouble quitting than a guy who's RELIGION mandates that he smoke....as well as the fact that he does it for medicinal reasons.

smove28

Starter

#36 : January 03, 2011, 11:55:53 AM

What safety issues? Grimm is a beast and he will be back. Lynch is not great but servicable. Jones is a hitter. And just like I called the fact that Grimm was a beast (even after his first game against Pittsburgh), I am calling it first here. Being a Texas fan, I watched Asante for Nebraska in college. Larry Asante is the Truth! 

Asante is a ball hawk and not afraid to hit guys.  Give him some playing time and Tampa fans will see what I know, we already our safety thing solved with Grimm and Asante.

tmac87

Starter
#37 : January 03, 2011, 12:49:49 PM

Asante is nice at stopping the run, but in coverage he's average at best...

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 03, 2011, 01:14:05 PM

Asante is nice at stopping the run, but in coverage he's average at best...

Looked to be in good position for the interception he had yesterday.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 03, 2011, 01:30:09 PM

would he have been in good position had lance moore not fallen down?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 03, 2011, 01:33:58 PM

Yeah.  He was in position to make a play on Moore as the deep safety.  He wasn't covering Moore 1-on-1.

tmac87

Starter
#41 : January 03, 2011, 02:26:30 PM

My thoughts exactly GameTime. If Lance Moore doesn't fall, it's 1st and Goal for the Saints. Don't get me wrong, I liked Asante in the draft as a late sleeper pick last year. I'm just saying, at this point I dunno if I'd take him over Grimm.

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 03, 2011, 02:28:20 PM

I'm not saying Asante is or isn't the future, but anointing him off of that one play is no different than anointing Ruud for forcing the fumble. One play doesn't make a game, nor a career.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

DiSalvo

Starter

#43 : January 03, 2011, 03:05:32 PM

Yes , he would have been in perfect position to watch Moore dance into the end-zone , LOL.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 03, 2011, 03:13:29 PM

wtf makes you think tanard won't be for smoking a plant that players will probably be able to legally use within the next few years?

I don't believe Tanard's substance has ever been confirmed

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Solving our safety issues « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools