Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your predictions... Right AND wrong. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 03, 2011, 01:53:35 PM

In games against GOOD teams...
Matt Ryan: 5-3 / 87.3 rating
Joe Flacco: 4-3 / 93.9 rating
Josh Freeman: 1-5 / 57.8 rating
Sam Bradford: 0-4 / 65.3 rating

Again, sorry for using common sense, but really... you guys need to stop chugging the kool-aid and start living in the real world.  Put the glass down, and breathe.

lol, I kind of had you pinned as a "ONE STAT PROVES EVERYTHING ALL OTHER STATS ARE NULLIFIED" type of guy. I guess that's one prediction I got right on the money.

britbuc14

Starter

#16 : January 03, 2011, 02:22:32 PM

ah i see the crow pie is hot and ready!

well i'll have a baked potato and some 'slaw and tuck in.....

i kinda thought Freesus would have a breakout year, but not this far out, i was thinking INT's would be in double figures and he'd have an excelent 2:1 TD:INT ratio

the Offense, i'll be honest here, i'd thought we'd suck and suck hard at times, i mean, who's heard of a 22 yearold QB in only his 2nd year and being surrounded by rookies doing anything average, let alone coherrant. i don't care how talented they looked and all the positive things said about them; rookies is rookies! i'm just stoked to see them run the correct route IF they get on the field.

Defence, McCoy looked good before his injury but i openly had him down as a bust, if only for his high draft placement, glad to be proved wrong. (christ, i'm eating crow so fast i'm gonna get heartburn) i knew the pass rush would be a phrase in a coaching manual rather than something we would see on Sunday, again things started to pickup and with a good DE draft or FA looks like it WILL GET BETTER. Ruud, well Ruud is Ruud and i'll leave it there

Coach Morris, um can is skip this? no? ok i thought he would be canned mid season with someone from the back room to take over for the rest of the year. (in fact i did take a paper bag with me to wembley in '09, didn't put it on but it was with me) then i saw that the players would run through a brick wall for him then come back through it to appologise for not hitting it hard enough. i like the future with him and think he will be a stud HC for the young player to grow with together.

The Record - I went with my heart and bullied everyone around me that my prediction would be true, yeah we sucked but we'd pull the wins out of the bag, what was my prediction you ask? well it was 8-8

IT'S NICE TO BE WRONG NOW AND THEN :)

so whats for afters?

Due to the Head Coaching circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned back on. We appreciate your patience.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 03, 2011, 02:28:37 PM

I guessed 8-8. Very pleasantly surprised.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

GameManager

Starter

#18 : January 03, 2011, 02:46:41 PM

Um, how can Josh have a 57.8 rating against good teams when his lowest rated game of the season was 61.4? Anyway, that # should read 78.4. It's easy to skew stats to make your point.

The Tampa Tri-force!!!!!!!!

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 03, 2011, 03:42:35 PM

Cooked Crow
- I think I had us .500 at best, didn't see 10 wins coming.
- I thought Blount would be a cancer and would inevitably punch someone in the face. This was pre-draft btw, and even as we signed him, I opposed this. Props to OBF.
- I believed despite his learning issues, Benn would be the better rookie receiver. Not that he wasn't good, but Mike had a tremendous season.
- I felt that Kareem Huggins was staged for a big year. An injury proved this wrong unfortunately.
- I thought Myron Lewis would be a bust. Looking back, I feel he did a tremendous job on his rookie campaign in coverage.
- I thought Ryan Purvis would have a bigger role this season.
- I thought we were going to have a lot of special teams problems, specifically in coverage. New Punter, no Will Allen, no Brian Clark, injured Stovall... it didn't look good early.
- I really thought Cory Lynch was our best backup safety and should have got the nod over Piscitelli and Grimm. (I still feel this way).
- I didn't think McCoy would have much if any impact this season, but he did have a decent rookie campaign.
- I didn't think Ronde would return this season but he did. I now don't think Ronde will return next season. (I never learn I guess).
- I thought Sean Jones would have a huge impact on our defense, but he stayed pretty quiet. I suppose in some ways that is a good thing. I expected more turnovers though.
- I thought there was no way we'd lose to Detroit. The referees found a way to prove me wrong here.
- I believed Roy Miller when he said he would play better at his lighter, natural playing weight. I feel that he played better last season (overweight) unfortunately.
- I thought we'd win against the Steelers w/o Rapistburger (sp?)
- I feared the Eric Lorig pick in round 7 was a wasted pick, but Lorig contributed greatly to the team throughout the season.
- Malone sucked this year as a punter. Granted... we could have had worse, Malone's Net AVG, AVG, and Punts in the 20 were all in the garbage dumps of the league's punters. Get this, former Buccaneers punter Josh Bidwell, far exceeded Malone's average. Warm weather punters have it a little easier, despite this handicap he still did terrible. I didn't see this coming. Hopefully we address this in FA or the Draft.
- I thought Barth would be in the pro-bowl.... 1 Touchback and a 61.7 yard kickoff average will not get the job done unfortunately. What happened to the kickers? A bad season for our kickers, fortunately having an offense worth something took the spot light off of them.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 03, 2011, 04:53:32 PM

Again, sorry for using common sense, but really... you guys need to stop chugging the kool-aid and start living in the real world.  Put the glass down, and breathe.

lol, I kind of had you pinned as a "ONE STAT PROVES EVERYTHING ALL OTHER STATS ARE NULLIFIED" type of guy. I guess that's one prediction I got right on the money.

An arguement against my claims that Bradfrod, Flacco, and Ryan were better than Freeman was TD's and Passer Rating.  I gave a rebuttle to that.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 03, 2011, 05:00:53 PM

Freeman is a good QB... but that's about it right now.  Better than I thought, but not a "franchise" QB yet.  Right now, he is better than the other guys in his class, but not better than Bradford, Ryan, or Flacco.

this is great.  thanks for the laugh.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 03, 2011, 05:05:08 PM

An arguement against my claims that Bradfrod, Flacco, and Ryan were better than Freeman was TD's and Passer Rating.  I gave a rebuttle to that.

A rebuttal you fudged the numbers for:

Um, how can Josh have a 57.8 rating against good teams when his lowest rated game of the season was 61.4? Anyway, that # should read 78.4. It's easy to skew stats to make your point.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 03, 2011, 05:13:56 PM

Shouldn't you at least post Ryan and Flacco's record from 2009 when they were in their second season, like Freeman is this year?

Matt Ryan: 1-3 / 66.2 rating (New England, Dallas New Orleans, Jets)

Joe Flacco: 2-7 / 76.6 rating (San Diego, New England, Cincinnati x 2, Minnesota, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh x 2, Green Bay)

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your predictions... Right AND wrong. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools