Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With the 20th pick in the 2011 nfl draft.. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#120 : January 03, 2011, 10:32:38 PM

Von Miller is the best pass rusher in this draft.

but at 6-2 235 where do you play him?

Von Miller could take the roll Raheem had Quincy Black in but be very effective, a 10+ sack a year guy.
: January 03, 2011, 10:41:34 PM BucsPirate1

specopload1

Practice Squad
#121 : January 04, 2011, 01:07:43 AM

Trade our 1st and 2nd round picks for the second overall pick. Trade the second overall and the rest of our draft for the first overall on terms that we do not select Andrew Luck.

Then pick Andrew Luck and sit him while we watch the Panthers cry.

Best idea yet!!!!

Tampafan8251

Starter
#122 : January 04, 2011, 01:34:39 AM

UCLA LB Akeem Ayers announced late Monday that he will forgo his senior year with the Bruins and enter the 2011 NFL draft.

A strong-side 'backer in the Bruins' 4-3, Ayers combined for 10 sacks, 24.5 tackles for loss, six forced fumbles, and four interceptions as a sophomore and junior. He returned two of the picks for TDs. Built like a MACK truck at 6'4/255, Ayers profiles similarly to Karlos Dansby and projects as a top-20 pick in the 2011 draft. He could play virtually any linebacker position at the next level, from outside in a 3-4 to the middle in a 4-3.

I would love to grab this guy if were sitting at 20 and he is there, He is a playmaker and that is what we are lacking on are defense, some say he doesnt fit our system but he played in a 4-3 at UCLA as a Strong side backer, he can sack the qb and that is what we need the most, if the top de isn't there when we are picking and he is sitting there then i would grab him and then get the best DE avaiable in round 2

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#123 : January 04, 2011, 01:42:27 AM

I just got wood. ^^^^

The quest for .500 begins...

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#124 : January 04, 2011, 04:58:54 AM

Lombardi_Stacks

Starter
#125 : January 04, 2011, 09:10:53 AM

I can't believe I saw a post that said simeon rice is or was better then julius pepperso_O simeon was a great speed rusher but stop right there, he definitly can not match peps exceptional strength. The guy can play every position on the D-line! Moving on, the consensus is DE and I just want to add my 2 cent:

Top 3-4 scheme DE's

#1 Bowers/Fairly, size, strength and speed make them #1 to take on double teams
#2 Allen Bailey, doesn't have a true position, make him fight the double
#3 Adrain Clayborne, do you notice his massive gut! Make him earn fighting doubles, I will not deny his run stopping instincts tho

Top 4-3 DE's

#1 Robert Quinn, where I'm from middle class just means you have a roof over your head but that frig is empty. I'm glad he took the jewels ( if they were real ) college football is BIG BUSINESS. But he does fall behind Kerrigan to #2 due to his CONSISTENT productivity and effort.
#2 Ryan Kerrigan, beastly, don't even try to deny him doesn't make sense
#3 who cares lol, we need one of these stud's. Preferably Quinn because of his nack to destroy the pocket against run and pass, but I would definitly start Kerrigan at the run stopping LE side.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#126 : January 04, 2011, 09:22:49 AM

Ayers seems pretty raw to me. If we can't get Quinn, Von Miller,  Aldon Smith, or Kerrigan I'd rather have Jeremy Beal.

daman82

Rookie
#127 : January 04, 2011, 09:26:08 AM

as long as its a good pass rushing DE who cares! we need an elite DE to partner mccoy, price, woods and even okam for years to come.

Lombardi_Stacks

Starter
#128 : January 04, 2011, 09:42:41 AM

Ayers seems pretty raw to me. If we can't get Quinn, Von Miller,  Aldon Smith, or Kerrigan I'd rather have Jeremy Beal.

I like Ayers as well because he shows a nasty attitude when making tackles, similar to Von Miller. Ayers is the perfect to replace Ray Lewis tho, and chargers need Von desperately

tmac87

Starter
#129 : January 04, 2011, 11:07:20 AM

I just dont see it with Kerrigan - talk about effort all you want but you also need top end talent and I just do not see it in him.  Was he "dominant"??  If so why is he not mentioned with the likes of Bowers, Quinn, etc?  Plus seriously a Big Ten guy - yeah there are a lot of top DE's to come from that overrated conference - sorry but Big Ten players as a whole do not give me a lot of hope.  Name the last Big Ten dominant player??  I would go a top MLB like Kelvin Sheppard or even a top CB or OLB over Kerrigan as I just don't see the drop from him to the others.

First of all, he was the most consistantly dominant d end over the past few years.

He had 7 sacks his rookie season, 7 his sophomore season, 11 last season, and 12.5 this past season. not to mention leading in tackles for loss. Has anyone else been that productive? Nope.

And there are numerous other d ends to come out of purdue alone over the past couple of years that have been good[ray edwards, shaun phillips, cliff avril, among others]...so I don't know where you're getting that 2nd part from. I suggest doing some research first before trying to make an argument

First, I wanna say I like him, and wouldn't mind the pick......but I just don't understand how you are SO sold on Kerrigan?? You're defending him like a son, so I'm wondering what film or game you watched that has you sold like this??

I, along with many others, see the talent that he has. On many scouting forums he's the favorite of most members. He's not going to be a combine standout with the 40 yard dash or anything, but he's a pure "football" player.

I haven't been this high on a prospect since patrick willis, who I wanted the bucs to take instead of adams[who i knew was going to bust] from the start. If you haven't seen film on him, I suggest you start watching.

Yeah I watched some yesterday. He looks solid.
: January 04, 2011, 11:16:15 AM tmac87

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#130 : January 04, 2011, 11:25:38 AM

Kerrigan Interview...

I could learn to like this kid.

http://www.footballreportersonline.com/2010/11/30/big-ten-video-ryan-kerrigan-interview/

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#131 : January 12, 2011, 05:36:55 AM

This Bowl season:

Linebackers in no order:

MLB Quan Sturdivant, North Carolina vs. Tennessee - 12 total tackles (6 solo), 2 TFLs, 1 INT, 1 BrUp, and 1 sack.

MLB Martez Wilson, Illinois vs. Baylor - 7 total tackles (5 solo), 1 TFL.

MLB Nate Irving, North Carolina State vs. West Virginia - 4 total tackles (4 solo), 1 TFL, 1 FF and 1 FR, 1 BrUp, 1 sack.

OLB Chris Carter, Fresno State vs. N. Illinois - 0 total tackles. (He started but don't know if he got hurt.)

OLB/DE Justin Houston, Georgia vs. Central Florida - 10 total tackles (7 solo).

MLB Tank Carder, TCU vs. Wisconsin - 6 total tackles (all solo), 3 TFLs and 1 sack.

MLB Greg Jones, Michigan State vs. Alabama - 8 total tackles (6 solo) and 2 TFLs.

OLB K.J. Wright, Mississippi State vs. Michigan - 5 total tackles (4 solo) and 1 TFL.

DE/OLB Dontay Moch, Nevada vs. Boston College - 3 total tackles (0 solo) and 1 QBH

OLB Mark Herzlich, Boston College vs. Nevada- 5 total tackles (3 solo) and 1 FF.

OLB Casey Matthews, Oregon vs. Auburn - 6 total tackles (4 solo), .5 TFL, 1 FF and 1 BrUp.

MLB Josh Bynes, Auburn vs. Oregon- 2 total tackles (0 solo) and 1 BrUp.

MLB Owen Marcic, Stanford vs. Virginia Tech-  6 total tackles (4 solo), 1 TFL and 1 sack. Also 3 carries for 4 yards and 1 TD as FB.

OLB Akeem Ayers, UCLA - Did not qualify for bowl.

OLB Bruce Carter, North Carolina - Out with injury to left ACL. Carter underwent ACL reconstruction surgery on his left knee December 14 and is expected to return to full participation next fall. Carter originally injured his knee against NC State on Nov. 20.

Defensive Ends in no order:

DE Aldon Smith, Missouri vs. Iowa - 4 total tackles (4 solo) and 1 TFL.

DE Adrian Clayborn, Iowa vs. Missouri - 1 total tackle.

DL Jared Crick, Nebraska vs. Washington - 7 total tackles (7 solo) and 1 TFL.

DE DaQuan Bowers, Clemson vs. South Florida - 6 total tackles (3 solo) and 1 TFL.

DE J.J. Watt, Wisconsin vs. TCU - 3 total tackles (2 solo) and 1 BrUp.

DE Jeremy Beal, Oklahoma vs. Connecticut - 6 total tackles (5 solo), 1 TFL and 1 BrUp

DE Allen Bailey, Miami, FL vs. Notre Dame - 2 total tackles (0 solo)

DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio State vs. Arkansas - 6 total tackles (3 solo), 3.5 TFLs, 1 BrUp, 1 Sack, and 2 QBH.

DE Greg Romeus, Pittsburgh - Out with injury to ACL. Romeus was hurt on Thursday, November 11. Romeus will get multiple opinions before deciding whether he will have surgery for the second time this season.

DE Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue - Did not qualify for bowl.

DE Robert Quinn, North Carolina - Ruled ineligible for the entire 2010 season.

DE Jabaal Sheard, Pittsburgh - Did not play, due to elbow surgery.

Personal Favorites:

RB DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma vs. Connecticut - 25 carries for 93 yards and 1 TD. 2 catches for -2 yards and 0 TDs.

S Ahmad Black, Florida vs. Penn State - 6 total tackles (5 solo), 1 TFL, 2 BrUp and 2 INTs for 129 yards and 1 TD.

S Deandre McDaniel, Clemson vs. South Florida - 12 total tackles (9 solo).

S Rahim Moore, UCLA - Did not qualify for bowl.

Let me know if there is anyone else out there that you want me to include.

NOTE: Before anyone assumes anything, I am just making this so we can keep track of what these guys have done in their bowl games. Nothing more, nothing less in regards to any other intentions. Lastly, these stats are from their teams' official website boxscores.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#132 : January 12, 2011, 05:52:52 AM

OLB/DE Von Miller, Texas A&M vs. LSU - 9 total tackles (4 solo), 3 TFLs and 1 Sack.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#133 : January 12, 2011, 06:15:56 AM

Revised Bucs Mock:

1. DE Aldon Smith, Missouri* - No explanation. lol

2. MLB Quan Sturdivant, North Carolina - Don't know if we bring back Ruud, but the more I read about Quan the more I like. (thanks J-Double)

3. SLB Martez Wilson, Illinois - I think he would be an awesome addition to our LBs and STs. Heated battle between he and Watson for the starting SAM spot.

4. DE Greg Romeus, Pittsburgh - He would battle Crowder for the starting LE spot.

5. FB Owen Marecic, Stanford - Beast. USC's Havili and Nevada's Tua will probably go before him. (hopefully)

6. OG Ben Moffitt, Wisconsin - Bye Davin.

7. CB Jason Teague, TCU - rangy corner from a dominant defense
: January 12, 2011, 06:22:49 AM bullg8rdaddy

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With the 20th pick in the 2011 nfl draft.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools