Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rodriguez fired. « previous next »
Page: 1

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

: January 04, 2011, 02:58:52 PM

I bet he goes to clemson.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#1 : January 04, 2011, 04:34:49 PM

Pitt

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 05, 2011, 12:31:47 PM

Darn was hoping Michigan would keep him.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 05, 2011, 12:49:22 PM

Don't think he'd go to pitt. I don't even think he would do that ha

I think he would go - I just don't think they gamble on his image/baggage with the last guy slapping his wife around.

She probably didn't want to go to Pitt...good for her for standing up.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 05, 2011, 12:56:38 PM

Do WVU fans really begrudge RRod for going to Michigan?

I wasn't pissed at Spurrier for going to Washington.  It was a step up.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 05, 2011, 01:03:27 PM

I think it was more of the way he left. Didn't he destroy papers that had recruiting and players things on it? I don't remember what it was. But a huge fuss was made about it.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 05, 2011, 01:06:08 PM

Do WVU fans really begrudge RRod for going to Michigan?

I wasn't pissed at Spurrier for going to Washington.  It was a step up.
More in the way he left:  after doing the typical "I'm not leaving" HC thing, there were reports that he'd been calling Michigan recruits while still our coach, refusing to pay his buyout (a cool $4 mil that was later collected in court) and people seeing him shredding all kinds of files and cell records before leaving.  It was just shady all around. 

www.Atlbucs.com

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 05, 2011, 03:16:07 PM

NOt concrete, but...

Source: Pitt's job search under way

By Joe Schad
ESPN
Archive

Pittsburgh has begun interviews to replace former coach Mike Haywood, a source close to the search said, adding it's not expected that Rich Rodriguez will be a candidate.

Rodriguez was fired Wednesday after three seasons as Michigan's coach.

According to the source, among those who are strong candidates at Pittsburgh include Alabama associate head coach Sal Sunseri, Tulsa coach Todd Graham, Penn State defensive coordinator Tom Bradley, Wisconsin offensive coordinator Paul Chryst and former Florida defensive coordinator Teryl Austin.

Haywood replaced Dave Wannstedt on Dec. 16, but he was fired on New Year's Day after a custody issue developed in Indiana with a woman with whom Haywood has a child.

Haywood, who is free on bond, was charged with domestic battery in the presence of a minor and faces six months to three years in prison if convicted. His next appearance is set for Jan. 11 in St. Joseph County Superior Court in South Bend

www.Atlbucs.com
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rodriguez fired. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools