Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Colmer Has Passed Away « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« : January 05, 2011, 02:23:16 PM »

http://northcarolinastate.scout.com/2/1035225.html

Former NC State standout Chris Colmer has passed away, his agent, Jonathan Feinsod confirmed this afternoon.
"Yes, Chris has passed away," said Mr. Feinsod. "Out of respect for his family, I cannot confirm any details at this point because I do not believe the family is ready for those details to be released at this point.

"He was very, very special and it is a tragic loss. Chris was an amazing person and an amazing friend. I will certainly miss him."

Colmer graduated from Earl L. Vandermeulen High School where he was a USA Today honorable mention All-American. When he accepted an offer from NC State he was the first person from his high school to earn a Division I scholarship in 27 years.

He went on to have a stellar career at NC State. The 6-foot-6, 320-pounder was set to have a big-time senior season in 2003 but was diagnosed with “Parsonage Turner Syndrome," a rare neurological disorder, that caused him to miss the 2003 season.

NC State petitioned the NCAA for a sixth-year of eligibility for Colmer, which was granted, and he returned to the field in 2004 to earn first-team All-ACC honors.

Colmer was drafted in the third round of the 2005 NFL Draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but his career was ended due to injury.

Chris Colmer had just turned 30 years old on November 21st. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Colmer family.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 05, 2011, 02:24:57 PM »

Poor guy. Has any other team had 3 players drafted in the 2000s already die?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

-ts

Hall of Famer
« #2 : January 05, 2011, 02:26:24 PM »

Very sad story, the guy had a lot of talent, unfortunately the disease wouldn't allow him to live out his dreams.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #3 : January 05, 2011, 02:27:46 PM »

Very sad story, the guy had a lot of talent, unfortunately the disease wouldn't allow him to live out his dreams.

I don't think he died from the disease.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #4 : January 05, 2011, 02:33:03 PM »

Unbelievable jinx on Bucs from that era. Very sad. Condolences to the Colmer family.

In Verner We Trust

PWNASAURUS

Starter

« #5 : January 05, 2011, 02:34:46 PM »

Denver?

-ts

Hall of Famer
« #6 : January 05, 2011, 02:37:28 PM »

Hmm, what do you think it was?

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

« #7 : January 05, 2011, 02:40:41 PM »

He would have been a good one, I still think it was worth the risk. Sometimes you can't win them all. Unfortunately, Chris lost the one that matters the most. RIP.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #8 : January 05, 2011, 02:46:28 PM »

I didn't think what he had was lethal (but I'm not a doctor). I definitely wonder what happened. Very sad news.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

« #9 : January 05, 2011, 03:36:19 PM »

Terrible news. Way too young.

My condolences to the family.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #10 : January 05, 2011, 03:50:30 PM »

Hmm, what do you think it was?

Not sure and I could be wrong, but from what they said in the article, it looks to be something else. We'll know soon enough.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #11 : January 05, 2011, 04:13:01 PM »

Actually, 4 players if you throw in undrafted rookies like Corey Smith.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #12 : January 05, 2011, 09:30:57 PM »

Sad news. I really didn't know the guy, I may have said two words to him while he was here.

Learning that he's passed on makes me wish I'd have gotten to know him a little better.

Garv

Hall of Famer
« #13 : January 05, 2011, 09:59:46 PM »

Very sad news. Far too young to leave us.
Reminds all of us the life is precious and can be fleeting.

God Bless Chris...........

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #14 : January 05, 2011, 10:01:23 PM »

RIP Chris Colmer.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Colmer Has Passed Away « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools