Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ryan Kerrigan Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

blind melon

Hall of Famer

: January 06, 2011, 10:22:41 AM

Could be our pick at 20...

From Scouts. Inc.

Ranked as the 4th DE with a score of 94.

1 = Exceptional 2 = Above average 3 = Average 4 = Below average 5 = Marginal

Overall Football Traits

Production 2
 2007: (12/0) 18 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 sack.
2008: (12/11) 56 tackles, 11.5 TFL, 7 sacks, 2 FF.
2009: (12/12) 66 tackles, 18.5 TFL, 13 sacks, 7 FF.

Height-Weight-Speed 3
Average height, average weight and above-average top-end speed.

Durability 3
Sprained ankle during 2008 training camp and does not start the season opener against North Colorado. Breaks foot during the 2009 season finale against Indiana and undergoes surgery. Aggravates injury in spring of 2010 but it does not require another surgery to correct.

Intangibles 1
Named 2010 team captain. Receives team's Pit Bull Award (exemplified and sustained tenacity and intense play) during 2009 spring practices. Named team's MVP in 2009. Academic All-Big Ten in 2009 and 2008.

Defensive End Specific Traits
Pass Rush Skills 2
Above-average blend of burst and power. Quick enough to turn the corner and shows good balance when bending back inside. Can get under offensive tackles and drive them back into the quarterback's lap. Looks to knock the ball loose when gets to the quarterback. Biggest concern is ability to counter when offensive linemen stop first move. Hands could be more active and violent at times. Doesn't show great body control in the open field and mobile quarterbacks could have some success slipping him.

Versus the run 2
Shows adequate lower-body strength and capable of setting the edge when plays with sound leverage. Above-average range and closes quickly when chasing from the backside.

Versatility 2
Appeared athletic enough to hold up in underneath coverage in limited looks at him dropping off the line. Not big enough to line up there with any kind of consistency in the NFL but has some experience sliding inside and lining up at defensive tackle.

Instincts/Motor 2
Gap discipline appears just average on film but generally locates the ball quickly and stays home on misdirection. Gets hands up when sees quarterback start throwing motion. Relentless pass rusher and rarely gears down too early when chasing the run.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

oshjo75

Rookie

#1 : January 06, 2011, 10:29:51 AM

I won't lie I had a massive man crush on Suh last year. This year I have another massive man crush on Kerrigan. I love him (no homo). I'm so happy you started this thread. If we could get any combo of him and Watt/Acho/Jordan/Heyward. I will be ecstatic.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 06, 2011, 10:33:09 AM

Kerrigan is my number one choice right now. That might change after combine, workouts, etc. But you can't measure motor and leadership at the combine. This guy seems like he never ever gives up. He's also a team captain which Dominik is looking for.

I'd be ecstatic if we got Kerrigan, even of Dom had to trade up (at the right price).

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

landfill

Second String
#3 : January 06, 2011, 11:17:14 AM

Might wanna mute it. It's kind of a cheesy song.

champkind

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 06, 2011, 11:35:50 AM

Kerrigan is definitely my #1 choice, but I think he will get picked a little earlier than #20. Solid pass rushers are always a hot commodity, even for teams that already have proven pass rushers. There are a lot of good DE coming out, but guys like Clayborn are overrated and will drop, IMO, while truly good players' stock, like Kerrigan's, will rise.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 06, 2011, 11:56:30 AM

This draft is pretty deep with DE's for certain.  (Almost like Morris and Dominick knew it... ;)  )

Teams that need a 4-3 DE (In order of pick)

1. Panthers - must go QB.
5. Cardinals -  too high for Kerrigan -  Also need QB, CB and LOT (My guess would be a LT.)
8.  Titans - still a little high for Kerrigan.  Bowers, a top DT or now maybe even a QB here... (My guess is Bowers)
13. Lions - a threat here, but Aldon Smith and Robert Quinn are still on the board...   HUGE need for a DB (My guess is a DB)
14. Rams - another threat,  but Smith or Quinn are on the board still...  Huge need for a WR.  (My guess is one of the two DEs)

Everyone else who needs a DE is a 3-4 system, picks after us (Saints, SeaHawks, Atlanta) or has a more significant competing need.
: January 06, 2011, 11:58:24 AM blind melon

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

landfill

Second String
#6 : January 06, 2011, 12:06:32 PM

The Rams may be wary to take a DE at the moment with Chris Long playing better. I can picture them taking a WR or TE to surround their quarterback with.

The top three teams you list definitely need a quarterback first and foremost but I can see the Titans going for another veteran QB because Jeff Fisher needs to win this year. Let's hope they slip. If anything Detroit will probably take who we want considering that's what they always do.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#7 : January 06, 2011, 12:10:05 PM

Rams will take the BEST WR on the board in the 1st round. They will take a guy like Blackmon, Julio Jones, or Michael Floyd imo.
Titans took Derrick Morgan last season to play DE and he had a Knee injury but I don't see them taking a DE either as they have other options on the team.
: January 06, 2011, 12:13:29 PM PWNASAURUS

landfill

Second String
#8 : January 06, 2011, 12:11:25 PM

That's what I see also. Blackmon is going to be a star for sure.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 06, 2011, 12:16:49 PM

I was thinking in that direction for the Rams, but 13 is pretty high for a wideout...   

Pretty deep in the 2nd/3rd for WR's too...  I assume the Bengals or Browns will get Green.

A.J. Green WR 6'4"  208 Georgia 97
Julio Jones WR 6'4"  211 Alabama 93
Justin Blackmon WR 6'1"  207 Oklahoma State 92
Jonathan Baldwin WR 6'4⅝" 224 Pittsburgh 88
Torrey Smith WR 6'0"  202 Maryland 82
Ryan Broyles WR 5'11⅛" 178 Oklahoma 81
Jerrel Jernigan WR 5'9"  183 Troy 80
DeVier Posey WR 6'2"  200 Ohio State 79
Greg Little WR 6'3"  210 North Carolina 76
Michael Floyd WR 6'3" 215 Notre Dame 75

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 06, 2011, 02:20:04 PM

If anything Detroit will probably take who we want considering that's what they always do.

I actually think were safe on Detroit this year. They took Suh last year and both their DE's have good years this past year. They'd be better off protecting the glass statue that is Matt Stafford.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 06, 2011, 02:57:53 PM

the only LT worth taking where the Lions pick is the kid from Miss. State.  They need a CB bad as well and the better value will probably be there.  But who cares about what the Lions do?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 06, 2011, 02:59:52 PM

Mayock referred to Kerrigan as a late 1st for what that is worth on a segment I saw this morning on the NFLN.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#13 : January 06, 2011, 03:03:42 PM

Kerrigan should be there at 20. Not enough 4-3 teams that need a 1st rd DE. I see Bowers early than Quinn between 10-15. I like both but Quinn looks like Rice on the edge.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 06, 2011, 03:03:55 PM

also, it sounded like he liked Clayborn better.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ryan Kerrigan Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools