Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ryan Kerrigan Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

traew01

Pro Bowler

#15 : January 06, 2011, 03:04:39 PM

I really like this kid. I think what sets him apart from the other DE prospects I have seen is his relentless motor. He may not have the ideal measurements or moves - but the guy is just always making plays. When I look at the chemistry this team is building, he just seems like a perfect fit.

I have heard the "Alstott on defense" comparisons - and obviously with the Purdue connection I can see that. But he reminds me of Alstott in the way he plays as well - just one of those guys who is just not going to be denied. You gotta love that.

I am usually very opposed to trading up. But if the draft unfolds with this guy still around in the early to mid-teens...I think I would pull the trigger and try to move up. I just love thinking of him and McCoy next to each other.

champkind

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 06, 2011, 03:10:26 PM

also, it sounded like he liked Clayborn better.

Yeah, saw that. Mayock sometimes falls for the big LDE types, thinking they can provide pass rush at the next level, even if they didnt in college. I like Mayock but if there is one thing he misses on more than others, it seems to be DE.

Also, most experts were saying Larry English would be late 1st or 2nd, and he went at 15. Hopefully with the depth at the position this year, either Quinn or Kerrigan fall to us. Kerrigan has a shot to, but I dont see Quinn making it very far outside of the top 10.
: January 06, 2011, 03:12:01 PM champkind

smove28

Starter

#17 : January 06, 2011, 03:19:28 PM

I really like this kid. I think what sets him apart from the other DE prospects I have seen is his relentless motor. He may not have the ideal measurements or moves - but the guy is just always making plays. When I look at the chemistry this team is building, he just seems like a perfect fit.

I have heard the "Alstott on defense" comparisons - and obviously with the Purdue connection I can see that. But he reminds me of Alstott in the way he plays as well - just one of those guys who is just not going to be denied. You gotta love that.

I am usually very opposed to trading up. But if the draft unfolds with this guy still around in the early to mid-teens...I think I would pull the trigger and try to move up. I just love thinking of him and McCoy next to each other.

The more I see this kid, the more I like him. He seems to have a motor that doesn't quit. I would not be opposed at all to trade up to get him, especially because of what I have seem him do against the run. Kerrigan fits what we are trying to do here on defense and would be an excellent piece to put next to McCoy, not only because of his talent but because of what seems to be a great work ethic.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#18 : January 06, 2011, 03:40:35 PM

Yeah, I think he is one of those players that we would kick ourselves down the road for not making a move to get.

And for a team looking to win back fans and develop that new wave of fan favorites - I think a guy like Kerrigan would fit the bill. My girlfriend thinks he is dreamy.... and before all you hardcore fans jump all over me and say that is not what football is about - dont forget this is a business as well. I know plenty of women who base their level of interest in terms of guys they think are good looking....

Im just saying.

champkind

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 06, 2011, 03:43:54 PM

Yeah, I think he is one of those players that we would kick ourselves down the road for not making a move to get.

And for a team looking to win back fans and develop that new wave of fan favorites - I think a guy like Kerrigan would fit the bill. My girlfriend thinks he is dreamy.... and before all you hardcore fans jump all over me and say that is not what football is about - dont forget this is a business as well. I know plenty of women who base their level of interest in terms of guys they think are good looking....

Im just saying.

This is true. My girlfriend wont watch the Rays next year because Pena is gone. As silly as it sounds, that is lost revenue.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 06, 2011, 04:16:22 PM

also, it sounded like he liked Clayborn better.

I think that's still from what he saw last season.  I don't know that he's spent a lot of time on prospects yet.  Once he watches Clayborn's tape from this year, I'm guessing he will temper his enthusiasm on Clayborn.  Or maybe it's just me.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 06, 2011, 04:30:42 PM

Dont think Kerrigan will reach us. Would love it if he did tho.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#22 : January 06, 2011, 05:10:46 PM

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011_1.php

Means nothing, of course, but walterfootball.com has him falling to 18.  We do have trade bait.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 06, 2011, 05:57:28 PM

He's the only guy in this draft that I want in the first round. If we can't get him I hope we trade back to get more picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

ZzJewbaccazZ

Starter

#24 : January 06, 2011, 06:13:46 PM

He's the only guy in this draft that I want in the first round. If we can't get him I hope we trade back to get more picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
+ uno.

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#25 : January 06, 2011, 06:29:40 PM

Didn't get to watch him really at all this year but after reading about him and looking at some highlights I like him. I wouldn't mind trading up for the guy WE want since it is a weak draft compared to other years.

champkind

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 06, 2011, 08:47:41 PM

You're telling me that if Bowers(obviously he wont) or Quinn were there at #20, but not Kerrigan, you would trade out?

sg1977nc

Starter
#27 : January 06, 2011, 08:50:17 PM

Rams will take the BEST WR on the board in the 1st round. They will take a guy like Blackmon, Julio Jones, or Michael Floyd imo.
Titans took Derrick Morgan last season to play DE and he had a Knee injury but I don't see them taking a DE either as they have other options on the team.

Detroit will be going CB this year.  They have a solid D line, but thier secondary is horrendous.  If they can get some quality DB's they will get more coverage sacks.  new England is the team to watch...no way he slips past them he has pats 3-4 OLB written all over him.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 06, 2011, 09:05:22 PM

Add me to the list of wanting him badly!  Von Miller at LB is growing on me too.  Moving down and grabbing Greg Jones and some additional picks and grabing a DE later would be nice too.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 06, 2011, 09:39:14 PM

You're telling me that if Bowers(obviously he wont) or Quinn were there at #20, but not Kerrigan, you would trade out?

Yep. I'm just not sold on Bowers and even though I really like Quinn...his brain tumor and a year away from football scare me.

I'm not saying there aren't any other good players in the 1st. Just none that I would rather have over multiple guys from the 2nd and 3rd. For example, I really like Von Miller, but If we could trade that 1st round pick for a low 2nd and 3rd...I would gladly take Justin Houston and Mark Herzlich instead.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ryan Kerrigan Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools