Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ryan Kerrigan Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

champkind

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 06, 2011, 09:50:24 PM

He's the only guy in this draft that I want in the first round. If we can't get him I hope we trade back to get more picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

You're telling me that if Bowers(obviously he wont) or Quinn were there at #20, but not Kerrigan, you would trade out?

Yep. I'm just not sold on Bowers and even though I really like Quinn...his brain tumor and a year away from football scare me.

I'm not saying there aren't any other good players in the 1st. Just none that I would rather have over multiple guys from the 2nd and 3rd. For example, I really like Von Miller, but If we could trade that 1st round pick for a low 2nd and 3rd...I would gladly take Justin Houston and Mark Herzlich instead.

OK, at least you meant it. I am really super high on KErrigan, but I would take Bowers or Quinn in a heartbeat if they were there and Kerrigan was not. I would also not let that stop me from wanting to double up at the position in later rounds.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 06, 2011, 10:33:53 PM

Not slamming any of these players, but has Tampa ever drafted a better than just good DE post Selmon? I can remember a lot of mediocre players and busts.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 06, 2011, 11:09:40 PM

Not slamming any of these players, but has Tampa ever drafted a better than just good DE post Selmon? I can remember a lot of mediocre players and busts.

Had we ever drafted a great QB before Freeman?

There's always a first time. :)

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 06, 2011, 11:25:49 PM

Had we ever drafted a great QB before Freeman?

There's always a first time. :)

Williams? Steve Young? King?

But your right, wasn't insinuating not to draft a guy, in fact to break the pattern, you have to draft more right? lol

(For the slower people, mentioning King was a bit of comic relief, you can sit back down now)

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 06, 2011, 11:55:34 PM

Hey King almost took us to the Super Bowl!

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 07, 2011, 12:11:33 AM

I like Kerrigan and would be ecstatic if he became a Buc.. Of course if Bowers or Quinn are available when we pick we take them but if not Kerrigan should be our guy.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#36 : January 07, 2011, 08:57:57 AM

I think Kerrigan is a guy Rah and Dom looks for in the draft....productive, great team leader, intellegent, and infectious personality

last part of the video has a coach's impression of Kerrigan

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 07, 2011, 09:01:31 AM

I liken Kerrigan to Orakpo.   Same type of passrusher.   BO a little stronger.   RK a little more technique.

We win if we get RK and he transitions and produces like BO has in his first two seasons.   http://www.nfl.com/players/brianorakpo/careerstats?id=ORA355963

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ryan Kerrigan Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools