Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ras I Dowling « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

JDouble

Hall of Famer
: January 06, 2011, 11:07:05 PM

Patrick Peterson? Prince Amukamara? Nah....I'll take Ras I Dowling.

This thread is for Biggs to pull up in a year or two when Ras I Dowling is going to the probowl. If I had to pick one guy out of this draft that I was most confident would be a probowler in the NFL...it would either be Ryan Kerrigan or Ras I Dowling.

Whether we make him a CB or a FS, I really hope we get this dude. He'd be an absolute steal in the 2nd round.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 06, 2011, 11:21:10 PM

Im not denying his talent but I just don't understand taking a CB that high when we have bigger needs and Bigger looked pretty good this year and Lewis has showed major promise.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 06, 2011, 11:33:47 PM

OK, so tell me, and it's to understand your logic not slamming him, one video even said the #2 ranked CB in the country, how would he be there in R2 for Tampa? What is going to make him drop that far?

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

oshjo75

Rookie

#3 : January 06, 2011, 11:40:18 PM

Yep, I'm on his bandwagon. I do think we need another corner and this years draft is supposed to be the year for them.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#4 : January 06, 2011, 11:45:43 PM

Sepe, I would guess speed will cause him to drop.

Most draft sites have him behind Peterson, Amukamara, but always rated him with Jenkins, and Harris. The first twohave been predicted to be 1st rounders. Dowling, Jenkins and Harris are 50/50. 

The quest for .500 begins...

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 06, 2011, 11:51:56 PM

Just wondering, because I live only a few miles from where he grew up. I could easily let it out how he and I smoked a little. You know, all in a good cause, to get him drafted by the Bucs!  :p

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 06, 2011, 11:52:16 PM

I liked him a lot last year before he decided to go back to school.  I think he's be a great FS prospect a la Malcolm Jenkins

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 06, 2011, 11:52:41 PM

All the draftnik sites I visit have Patrick Peterson and Prince Amukamara as the solid #1 and #2. After that there is Janoris Jenkins and Brandon Harris.

After those top four CBs there is another group of four that are projected for the second round. Brandon Burton, Jimmy Smith, Ras I Dowling, and Curtis Brown.

Ras I Dowling was projected as a 1st round pick last year but chose to stay for his senior year. Unfortunetly for him he was plagued with injuries all year and barely played. (Hamstring and broken ankle) So his stock dropped. He's now considered to be a 2nd to 3rd round pick. We'll see.

LABuc

Starter

#8 : January 07, 2011, 02:07:50 AM

I salivate at the thought of Grimm, Dowling, Talib, Barber, Biggers, and Lewis in our secondary..... Add in an elite pass rushing DE and even Ruud will look like a god.

Derrick Brooks, NFL Hall of Fame Class of 2014.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 07, 2011, 02:12:04 AM

What a retarded first name

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#10 : January 07, 2011, 02:20:45 AM

What a retarded first name

The quest for .500 begins...

-ts

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 07, 2011, 02:29:55 AM

Pass, I like the guy but our CB depth is very good right now and the pass rushers in this draft are going to be abundant. If we signed a DE like Charles Johnson who I really want to sign and we drafted a 1st round DE, I would consider him, however OL help would be ahead of him too.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 07, 2011, 04:10:15 AM

Yep, I really like the kid. Hes definately worth consideration if available in the 2nd. With Lewis and Biggers doing ok, I dont know if the Bucs would pull the trigger, but hes my 3rd favorite out of the CB class so far.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 07, 2011, 08:50:06 AM

You guys that say CB isn't a need kill me.

First off, you should have learned from Gruden/Allen that drafting for need gets you nowhere fast. You take the best player available period. You don't pass on a playmaker because playmakers are always a need.

Secondly, Biggers looks promising but hasn't proven anything yet. Lewis didn't do anything special as a rookie. Both guys have potential and hopefully evolve into great corners for us, but they are currently far from probowlers. You can't say we are set at a position because our starters have "potential" If we had another guy like Talib...then you could ssy we are set at CB. Ras I Dowling could very well another Talib type guy. Can you imagine having two of the best young corners locking down the edges?

And finally, if Ras I Dowling entered this draft as a Free Safety he'd probably be the the #1 or #2 guy. Free safety is a huge whole for us, so even though FS has much less value than CB...he could play that role for us. If he did, I think within 2 or 3 years he'd be a top 5 safety in the league.

I know everyone wants LBs, and DEs, and offensive linemen....I do to, but when you start drafting guys to fill holes instead of the best player on your board, you end up like the Lions. Ras is a very smart pick IF he makes it to #20 in the second round.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 07, 2011, 08:59:09 AM

If I had to pick one guy out of this draft that I was most confident would be a probowler in the NFL...it would either be Ryan Kerrigan or Ras I Dowling.
I'll go with AJ Green and Kyle Rudolph.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ras I Dowling « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools