Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: EDS vs. Zuttah.........Collins vs Penn « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

SDBucs

Second String

#135 : Today at 02:15:21 PM

Sign Richie. What is the down side. All the bad press is over because they met with him. Licht said the door is open. Here is my guess, after five hours of meetings. They have a deal in place BUT they have agreed to wait until after the first game so that his salary is not guaranteed in case he goes whaco again. The moment they can sign him, he's in, simple as that. Lovie know what he has on defense and special teams. He also know th weapons he now has on offense. If he can keep McCown upright, they are in the playoffs. JMHO

Anything that might improve McCowns play such as more time to throw is immensely important this season. A ton of it will hinge on his abilitiy to just perform decently. We don't need Peyton Manning numbers, but we need decent starting QB numbers. Our defense can carey us and we have the weapons on offense to put up points. We just need McCown to not **CENSORED** the bed and having pass protection helps with that. If we can get Incognito too we should.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#136 : Today at 02:28:50 PM

Ross Tucker said same thing about signing Incognito (after the 1st game). he said the Bucs are a playoff team by adding Mankins and Incognito, fwiw

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#137 : Today at 02:52:55 PM

Sign Richie. What is the down side. All the bad press is over because they met with him. Licht said the door is open. Here is my guess, after five hours of meetings. They have a deal in place BUT they have agreed to wait until after the first game so that his salary is not guaranteed in case he goes whaco again. The moment they can sign him, he's in, simple as that. Lovie know what he has on defense and special teams. He also know th weapons he now has on offense. If he can keep McCown upright, they are in the playoffs. JMHO
the downside is that we'd have to give up on omameh, rishaw, or Edwards. We as fans might not like those guys, but Lovie /licht see somethingin them. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#138 : Today at 02:54:54 PM

Zuttah is playing in a ZBS, his ideal offense. He wouldn't be doing that here.
One could ask why we didn't keep him and move to ZBS ourselves.
but then another would ask "why are we building an offense around Jeremy Zuttah?"
Who are the Bucs building their offensive line around now?
Now? Seems to be Logan Mankins. Before? Would've seemed to be Carl Nicks.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#139 : Today at 03:04:10 PM

but then another would ask "why are we building an offense around Jeremy Zuttah?"
Who were the Bucs building around two days ago?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#140 : Today at 03:11:05 PM

Who were the Bucs building around two days ago?
Thats a tough one. Sarcastically, I'd like to say Richie Incognito. I think they've been looking at trading for someone's starting G for awhile (Boone, Mankins, whoever)

Although I honestly do think the staff recognizes that Demar Dotson was the best lineman last year. Admittedly, I know very little about how offensive line schemes work, so idk if you can build "around" a guy who plays on the outside, or whether you need specific types of tackles in ZBS, or whether Dotson would be good in any system.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#141 : Today at 03:44:29 PM

Zuttah was always so good for us.

An average linemen who could be plugged in to any spot and perform averagely.

It's too bad we got rid of him.  ::)

Yeah, much better to replace solidly average with  horrific.

Logan Mankins , 6 time all pro , is horrific ??

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: EDS vs. Zuttah.........Collins vs Penn « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools