Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Name Your Heroes. Humans only. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 19, 2014, 08:20:43 PM

Mom and Pop.
My kiddo.
Bruce Lee. (Love his philosophical approach)
This new Pope is growing on me. And I'm not Catholic, but his approach seems universal.
Michael Jordan. Ain't never seen anything like it, was blessed to have been able to see him play. Bigger than the Beatles.
If Job were a real man, and perhaps not a bible fable, I would admire him for never losing his faith when he was a good guy with everything and lost everything. He never lost his faith, and that allows him to die a happy man. He had something he believed in, and it carried deep into his soul, his self. Faith in something past this life is admirable to me. Even if you believe it just all ends, that gives you peace, and that is a hard asset to acquire in life.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 19, 2014, 09:59:37 PM

This will be all over the place, I know.

MLK                         maybe the best speaker I ever heard.
My Pops                  played in the NFL
Lewis and Clark      courageous
Lincoln                    Took a stand against racism.  And then got shot to death by a dumb ass racist.               
Bo Jackson             A man of his word. He tells Culverhouse don't even think about drafting him. Then kept his word.
Deion                      Talent from another world.
Nelson Mandela      27 years in prison didn't dampen his spirit for racial equality.

Deion is a self advancing dude but he can actually be pretty giving and good with kids. He bought me cleats

That reminds me of the Herron story. You may have heard it before.  Herron was a young kid working out at the South Central parks on the weekend. Goldson was there one time, right after he signed with the Niners. So he took a liken to the kid, and gave him a brand new pair of cleats out of the trunk of his BMW.  And Herron couldn't thank him enough, telling Goldson, as soon as I make it to the NFL I will repay you.  Goldson chuckled and said, ya ok kid.

Fast forward to the 2014 NFL draft. Herron gets drafted by the Bucs, and the first thing he does, is whip out the I-phone and he sends a text to Goldson.

A pair of brand new cleats headed your way to Tampa.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 20, 2014, 01:24:24 PM

George Carlin for speaking the truth, and Walt Disney for entertaining the world's children.

George W. Bush, for making an intelligent black man a welcome change. He sped up the process by at least two decades in a racist America.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#18 : August 21, 2014, 03:40:09 PM

George Carlin for speaking the truth, and Walt Disney for entertaining the world's children.

George W. Bush, for making an intelligent black man a welcome change. He sped up the process by at least two decades in a racist America.

LOL that bush line... well done

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#19 : August 22, 2014, 09:49:27 PM

You are one ignorant individual

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 23, 2014, 07:25:49 AM

Barack Obama

Al Sharpton
Eric Holder
Jesse Jackson
... but NOT Colin Powell.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#21 : August 23, 2014, 12:52:09 PM

Ben Carson and Dinesh D'Souza.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 28, 2014, 03:28:00 AM

You are one ignorant individual

The truth rubs some people the wrong way.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#23 : Today at 08:58:40 AM

Bush started a war to divert attention away from the fact that he couldn't capture or kill Bin Laden. Obama got him, possibly because Bush took more than three times as many vacation days off at this point in his term in office, 126 to 400+. Huge waste of time, money , and lives. De**CENSORED**able human being, who makes his father look truly presidential. What's funny is W thinks he did a great job. In his delusional mind he IS a hero.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Name Your Heroes. Humans only. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools