Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris has to be licking his chops « previous next »
Page: 1 2

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

: January 08, 2011, 12:09:37 AM

With Harbaugh just signing a 5yr, $25 million contract and having zero NFL head coaching experience, Morris has to be licking his chops. Especially if he gets Coach of the Year, he may want to play out his option year with the Bucs and hit free agency himself in a year if Dominik and the Glazers don't offer him something in a similar range. Keep in mind that he is also saving them from having to pay a DC as well. Kiffin was making $2 million per year just as the Bucs' DC, over twice of what Morris is getting paid to be DC and Head Coach.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 08, 2011, 01:18:41 AM

I would think that while money talks, I don't think that's the reason Rah's here. he has a relationship with this team and wants to establish a strong foundation for this franchise. if he does that, the pay will earn itself.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 08, 2011, 01:32:31 AM

He won't leave Freeman.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 08, 2011, 09:33:09 AM

It will be interesting to see the terms of Raheem's new agreement.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 08, 2011, 09:42:53 AM

He won't leave Freeman.

As funny as that sounds, I think your right. Morris looks as good as he does in large part because of the play of Josh Freeman. I don't think there will be an issue with the Glazer's paying him. The Glazers have thrown, or at least tried to throw, big money at people that they think are worth it. They will not overspend but they will pay their man when they find him and I expect Morris to get a 5-7 year dear worth 4 million a year. MO

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 08, 2011, 09:59:08 AM

He won't leave Freeman.

Men leave their wives all the time. If the Glazers don't ante up, Rah WILL be outta here.... as he should!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 08, 2011, 10:15:51 AM

He won't leave Freeman.

Men leave their wives all the time. If the Glazers don't ante up, Rah WILL be outta here.... as he should!!

In this case Raheem is the wife.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#7 : January 08, 2011, 10:27:33 AM

He won't leave Freeman.

Uh, No! I respectfully disagree. Make no mistake, Raheem is the Alpha Male in the Relationship. Ask any Man married longer than 10 years, the key to a healthy relationship is letting the woman think she is in control. Raheem deserves all the credit for hand picking Josh, and doing his best to put him in a situation to succeed. I think it would crush Rah to have to leave this team, but  at the end of the day, I believe he'll walk before he is disrespected by a low ball offer. Defensive Coordinator + Head Coach = At Least 3.5M/Year!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 08, 2011, 10:34:05 AM

He won't leave Freeman.

And what would that make Stovall? Aww, nevermind.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 08, 2011, 11:29:46 AM

Yep, Raheem is looking at a big pay day down the line. Nothing wrong with that if he keeps producing seasons like the one that just ended. I'm sure he and Harbaugh will have quite the pre-game chat when Bucs play SF next year (hopefully)!

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 08, 2011, 11:45:05 AM

He won't leave Freeman.

Still better than Stroughter.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 08, 2011, 12:06:56 PM

He won't leave Freeman.

Not when you have a 23 year old hot model wife. Well in this case a 23 year old second year qb who just played like a vet.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 08, 2011, 12:08:35 PM

He won't leave Freeman.

Still better than Stroughter.

He will be fine, stroughter has a while and with all the new weapons around his numbers had to drop. i see stroughter coming up big in the slot next year.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 08, 2011, 12:43:07 PM

This crap got old a long time ago. The Glazers will gladly pay the man, and pay him well. People conveniently forget the Bucs were in cap hell under Rich McKay, and what they spent to acquire Jon Gruden. Bruce Allen was well paid to fix the cap situation, which he did with a vengeance. The youth movement produced a better result at a lower cost. So what? It needed to be done, no matter what it cost. The Glazers were giving Raheem a huge opportunity, in addition to the money. They were taking a risk, so it was only fair. The man has produced and they will compensate him accordingly.

For those who say the Glazers are cheap and don't care about the team, consider this. They cared enough to pay Gruden five million dollars a year to leave, PLUS Raheem's salary. If they were really cheap and uncaring, Guden would still be here. Thank fictional heavenly being, he's not.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 08, 2011, 12:53:03 PM

He won't leave Freeman.

Not when you have a 23 year old hot model wife. Well in this case a 23 year old second year qb who just played like a vet.

FYI..... Tony Parker is divorcing this:

And as you grow older, you too will realize it ain't all about the "hot model wife".

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris has to be licking his chops « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools