Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Broncos to trade Tebow? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: January 08, 2011, 04:48:12 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Tim Tebow-QB- Broncos   Jan. 8 - 4:32 pm et

New Broncos VP of Football Operations John Elway told SI's Peter King that he does not believe Tim Tebow is a good NFL quarterback.
It appears Elway will not be gearing his head coaching search toward a Tebow backer. "I dont think Tim Tebow is a good NFL quarterback at this time," said Elway. King believes that the Broncos may try to trade Tebow, and Minnesota makes plenty of sense if Josh McDaniels is hired as offensive coordinator. The Vikings need a quarterback. McDaniels, of course, traded up to select Tebow with the 25th overall pick in last year's draft.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler

#1 : January 08, 2011, 04:51:39 PM

Wow. Give Tim a Beast RB and Percy at WR? A long shot, IMO, but I would love to see what Tim could do with AD and Percy. 
: January 08, 2011, 04:59:28 PM bullg8rdaddy

The quest for .500 begins...

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 08, 2011, 04:52:00 PM

lol

bucshot420

Starter

#3 : January 08, 2011, 05:00:33 PM

contrasting reports.  Per NFL under the article about John Fox being added to Broncos long list of coaching candidates

The major rebuilding project needed in Denver might be scaring away some coaching candidates.
A new coach also must be able to work in the shadow of Elway, the enormously popular Hall of Famer who won two Super Bowl titles in the 1990s and already has said he's eager to watch the quarterbacks at practice and give them advice.

The new coach also must be willing and able to mold Tim Tebow into a pro-style passer.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 08, 2011, 05:05:12 PM

"So, I dont believe that anyone is going to come over and say, I dont want Tim Tebow. If they do, then maybe they are not the right guy for the job.

Another quote from Elway. That moron Florio, who has some silly agenda where he thinks he has to make Tebow look bad whenever possible, posted the quote and took it out of context and now it's spreading. Elway has made it very clear, if you read all his different quotes on Tebow, where he stands. He thinks Tebow is an incredible competitor and a great player(which we already know), but has a lot of growing to do to become a great NFL QB(which we already know).

Elway has just been saying what everyone already knew, but stupid internet "journalists" just love taking things out of context.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 08, 2011, 05:13:04 PM

well if this thread doesn't bring out Java I don't know what would.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler

#6 : January 08, 2011, 05:14:04 PM

Florio was the same cat that "broke" the alleged wonderlic test story where a some unnamed player told Tebow to STFU when he wanted to pray for everyone, no?

The quest for .500 begins...

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 08, 2011, 05:43:55 PM

Florio was the same cat that "broke" the alleged wonderlic test story where a some unnamed player told Tebow to STFU when he wanted to pray for everyone, no?

Yep, and several players who were present said it never happened. But we can't expect Florio to have journalistic integrity and at least mention that it was just a rumor.

He's also the same guy who picked us to win 7 games...in the next 3 years combined. Nice job Miss Cleo.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 08, 2011, 06:00:01 PM

Yup:

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1080274.30.html

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 08, 2011, 06:21:29 PM

good for elway tellin it like it is....would definitely be a good move for the broncos to ship tebow while they can and get a real quarterback

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 08, 2011, 06:46:36 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Tim Tebow-QB- Broncos   Jan. 8 - 4:32 pm et

New Broncos VP of Football Operations John Elway told SI's Peter King that he does not believe Tim Tebow is a good NFL quarterback.
It appears Elway will not be gearing his head coaching search toward a Tebow backer. "I dont think Tim Tebow is a good NFL quarterback at this time," said Elway. King believes that the Broncos may try to trade Tebow, and Minnesota makes plenty of sense if Josh McDaniels is hired as offensive coordinator. The Vikings need a quarterback. McDaniels, of course, traded up to select Tebow with the 25th overall pick in last year's draft.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

I can tell you right now I heard Elway's entire interview, and, while he did in fact make that statement, it was surrounded by a half-a-dozen other comments all singing Tebow's praise. This is nothing more than crappy journalism by Florio to create internet hits. His quote was taken out of context. As each day passes, I think Florio is more and more a low life and the sad part is hundreds of other websites will pick up on this comment and run with it. Don't believe anything you read.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 08, 2011, 07:16:37 PM

good for elway tellin it like it is....would definitely be a good move for the broncos to ship tebow while they can and get a real quarterback

You do realize he had the highest QB rating of any rookie this year, right?

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 08, 2011, 08:09:08 PM

You do realize he had the highest QB rating of any rookie this year, right?
You do realize he only started 3 games, right?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#13 : January 08, 2011, 08:10:56 PM

The Bucs need to move quickly on this one!

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 08, 2011, 08:15:31 PM

Oh kill us now

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Broncos to trade Tebow? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools