Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bump until Scrabble is a Buccaneer « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

: January 09, 2011, 01:43:01 PM

Woud love this signing.

Skimmed the other thread, saw Garv among others throwing a piss fit but I'm willing to defend this to the teeth, DeSean Jackson Style.

Of course this is dependent on Ronde's decision.

If we wanna compete with teams like Philly, the Giants, Green Bay, and the Cowboys for a conference title we are going to need two shut down corners.

E.J. is pretty good but Calvin owned him, Roddy owned him, and Burleson pancaked him.
He is never going to be able to shut down Dez  Bryant or Jeremy Maclin.

Yes it's not the F.O. M.O. (and justifiably so) to pay big name free agents, but Rah is a secondary guy, and the idea of having scrabble has to intrigue him.

Teams flat out dont throw at Nnamdi (with the exception of Phillip Rivers) so can you imagine teams consitently throwing to Talib's side of the field? PICK CITY!

Corners can play at a high level until their mid to late thrities (see Champ Bailey and Ronde Barber)

It's a longshot sure. But I can see it happening. Coverage sack city!

I'm not a "madden mind" etc etc. I've proven enough on here that I'm not.

So bring it!!!!

: January 09, 2011, 01:45:52 PM SunnyD

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 09, 2011, 01:58:15 PM

I wouldn't particularly mind, but it depends how many years he's looking for.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 09, 2011, 02:08:57 PM

Woud love this signing.

Skimmed the other thread, saw Garv among others throwing a piss fit but I'm willing to defend this to the teeth, DeSean Jackson Style.

Of course this is dependent on Ronde's decision.

If we wanna compete with teams like Philly, the Giants, Green Bay, and the Cowboys for a conference title we are going to need two shut down corners.

E.J. is pretty good but Calvin owned him, Roddy owned him, and Burleson pancaked him.
He is never going to be able to shut down Dez  Bryant or Jeremy Maclin.

Yes it's not the F.O. M.O. (and justifiably so) to pay big name free agents, but Rah is a secondary guy, and the idea of having scrabble has to intrigue him.

Teams flat out dont throw at Nnamdi (with the exception of Phillip Rivers) so can you imagine teams consitently throwing to Talib's side of the field? PICK CITY!

Corners can play at a high level until their mid to late thrities (see Champ Bailey and Ronde Barber)

It's a longshot sure. But I can see it happening. Coverage sack city!

I'm not a "madden mind" etc etc. I've proven enough on here that I'm not.

So bring it!!!!

So "Sunny" why start another thread? Think anyone will think twice about something that's not about
to happen because you want to bump your name up? LOL Are you kidding me? Dream on.
Barber is most likely staying, I certainly hope so. And the Bucs are not (meaning they will not be doing it) going to be paying
one of the highest contracts in football to a 30 something ex-raider. Bump that! LOL

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 09, 2011, 02:17:25 PM

Garv, let me pose this for you then.  If I may.

If Scrabble WERE to sign with the BUcs, and Ronde returns, along with Talib and Biggers and Lewis, would you mind?

I for one would not.  It might become another Charles Woodson type of situation.  People kept saying Heisman was too old, and he is one of the best corners in the NFL.

I would LOVE if they brought him aboard.  LOVE IT.  Guys get hurt, and the depth would be incredible for Rah if he gets a guy like Scrabble.  Not saying it is going to happen, most definitely will not IMO, but if he were to land in Tampa, the BUcs would be sitting pretty in the secondary.

Tanard, Grimm, Barber, Talib, Scrabble, Biggers, Lynch, Jones, Lewis...that is a lot of quality personnel groupings, IMO.  And Rah is a stellar secondary coach.

jeanclaud

Starter

#4 : January 09, 2011, 02:18:24 PM

Agree with Garv, total pipe dream. Talib is arguably an elite player and Barber will probably come back. As for Lewis and Biggers, why are people so excited to replace them? They didn't play poorly, and have we so quickly forgotten that these neither of these guys took an NFL snap last year? They've progressed very well and there's no reason to think they won't continue to do so under Morris (who hand picked them by the way).

I love Asomugha, but its a total misappropriation of money. Make no mistake, Nnamdi WILL become the highest paid defender in the NFL. Without him, CB will still be a strength of this team next year. Spend that cash on our players, and upgrade where we need it: DE and LB

Garv

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 09, 2011, 02:57:09 PM

Agree with Garv, total pipe dream. Talib is arguably an elite player and Barber will probably come back. As for Lewis and Biggers, why are people so excited to replace them? They didn't play poorly, and have we so quickly forgotten that these neither of these guys took an NFL snap last year? They've progressed very well and there's no reason to think they won't continue to do so under Morris (who hand picked them by the way).

I love Asomugha, but its a total misappropriation of money. Make no mistake, Nnamdi WILL become the highest paid defender in the NFL. Without him, CB will still be a strength of this team next year. Spend that cash on our players, and upgrade where we need it: DE and LB

There you go.
Now IF Asomugha were younger, cheaper blah, blah, blah.........but he's not.
IF he came here would it help us? How could it not? But you HAVE to consider other things,
like cost, time taken away from other player's development and other needs.
It just doesn't make sense now. Would have two years ago, not now.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

BucsnBoltsFan

Starter

#6 : January 09, 2011, 03:06:06 PM

I for one would love this! Our secondary would be just plain nasty!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 09, 2011, 03:20:37 PM

Would much rather go after DE Charles Johnson

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 09, 2011, 03:21:18 PM

And the Bucs are not (meaning they will not be doing it) going to be paying
one of the highest contracts in football to a 30 something ex-raider. Bump that! LOL

He's not "30 something." He's 29 and will be 30 when the season starts. What does him being an ex-Raider have to do with this? Nothing.

If we have to spend to get to a cap floor, I would love to see us sign him to a 3 or 4 year deal. We're talking one of the best corners in the league.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 09, 2011, 03:22:16 PM

Do that, too.

It all depends on that cap floor and if it's implemented.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 09, 2011, 03:32:05 PM

I don't think enough people truly understand the impact of this stat.

Scrabble played in 786 snap this season and was only thrown at 29 times.  The next closest CB to him (with a min. of 750 snaps) is Rashean Mathis, and he was thrown at 66 times.  More than double.  Amazing.

To put that into perspective for Buccaneer fans who watch Talib, he played 657 snaps and was thrown at 59 times.  Again, more than double - in less playing time.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 09, 2011, 03:50:09 PM

I don't think enough people truly understand the impact of this stat.

Scrabble played in 786 snap this season and was only thrown at 29 times.  The next closest CB to him (with a min. of 750 snaps) is Rashean Mathis, and he was thrown at 66 times.  More than double.  Amazing.

To put that into perspective for Buccaneer fans who watch Talib, he played 657 snaps and was thrown at 59 times.  Again, more than double - in less playing time.

Didn't know that. Amazing.

We're all used to us not going after the big name but maybe we'll get a nice surprise this time? Probably not.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 09, 2011, 03:51:18 PM

Do that, too.

It all depends on that cap floor and if it's implemented.

Absolutely...BUT... Asomugha not returning to Oakland is almost a foregone conclusion. Johnson might want to stay in Carolina, leaving us hopeless in that situation.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 09, 2011, 03:57:54 PM

One thing we have going for us, is Raheem Morris. I'm sure word has gotten around how much the players love playing for him. Plus, the weather and the young team we have. Now if
only the fans can sellout the games every week.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 09, 2011, 04:00:52 PM

Yessir.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bump until Scrabble is a Buccaneer « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools