Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bump until Scrabble is a Buccaneer « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

2goodbucs

Starter
#15 : January 09, 2011, 04:01:12 PM

If the Glazers do sell Manchester United then I believe they will spend big for the missing pieces on the team.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 09, 2011, 04:03:51 PM

If the Glazers do sell Manchester United then I believe they will spend big for the missing pieces on the team.

Let's hope that's the case. We get the right guys and we're talking the possibility of a nice playoff run.

2goodbucs

Starter
#17 : January 09, 2011, 04:07:13 PM

Let's hope that's the case. We get the right guys and we're talking the possibility of a nice playoff run.

Shiet..I'm thinking dynasty!  ;D

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 09, 2011, 04:09:23 PM

I must be out of the loop. I had to read half the post before I found out who the heck "Scrabble" is? :)

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 09, 2011, 04:09:49 PM

He isn't a free agent until 2012 I thought.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 09, 2011, 04:14:12 PM

We're all used to us not going after the big name but maybe we'll get a nice surprise this time? Probably not.

Favre, Cutler, Marshall, Haynesworth, and Winslow come to mind in recent memory. Bucs have gone after plenty of big name guys, they just dont always come out on top.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 09, 2011, 04:14:44 PM

His 2010 stat line:

14 Games:  Allowed 13 receptions for 185 yards and 0 TD.

Insane.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 09, 2011, 04:16:25 PM

He isn't a free agent until 2012 I thought.

His ridiculously complex contract has a clause in it where if he didn't reach some incentives, the contract would be terminated. Good job, Al.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 09, 2011, 04:32:07 PM

Would much rather go after DE Charles Johnson

Yessir.

Ask barbernbrooks if he can play CB. THAT'S the ticket! Right "Sunny?"

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 09, 2011, 04:35:01 PM

Yessir.

when it comes to trolls....you're one of the worst

Garv

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 09, 2011, 04:40:22 PM

Yessir.

when it comes to trolls....you're one of the worst

LOL Thanks babernbrooks! That's kind of you to say.
First time I've gotten THAT for a compliment.
It IS a compliment........right?

As always, GO BUCS!!!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 09, 2011, 04:44:58 PM

While i'd be ecstatic with the acquisition, have any of you given thought to the impact this would have on future negotiations with Talib? Gotta take care of our own, first.

On another note, i wonder how many message boards around the league have this same thread?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 09, 2011, 04:52:13 PM

We're all used to us not going after the big name but maybe we'll get a nice surprise this time? Probably not.

Favre, Cutler, Marshall, Haynesworth, and Winslow come to mind in recent memory. Bucs have gone after plenty of big name guys, they just dont always come out on top.

Haynesworth is the only one who was a FA like Asomugha and the only one we (supposedly) threw big money at.

Let me rephrase...

We're used to not getting the big name when it comes to FA.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 09, 2011, 04:58:58 PM

While i'd be ecstatic with the acquisition, have any of you given thought to the impact this would have on future negotiations with Talib? Gotta take care of our own, first.

On another note, i wonder how many message boards around the league have this same thread?

Every one but I'm sure Oakland's has a different flavor to it. LOL
And yeah, giving the highest defensive contract in the league would definitely have an effect
on negotiations and attitudes to the players already here whose upcoming FA is on the horizon.
I think you always have to look at the big picture.
The Buccaneers have always done very well developing our own CB's. Raheem has had a lot to do with that
actually. I don't understand why more poster cannot understand this. CB is NOT a high priority. Why give
the huge money to this position now?
Also, I think the time you go out and get a Reggie White like player is when you feel he's the one guy
who pushes you over the top to the Super Bowl. Just because the player's a damn good one does not always make it
a great idea to BRING HIM IN!!!

As always, GO BUCS!!!

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 09, 2011, 05:02:47 PM

If the Glazers are going to spend that kinda scratch......build the lines.  Obviously the D-Line, but hell, I would even be happy with a big FA O-lineman over a DB.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bump until Scrabble is a Buccaneer « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools