Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bump until Scrabble is a Buccaneer « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Garv

Hall of Famer
#75 : January 10, 2011, 01:14:40 PM

Former Raiders beat writer David White believes impending free agent Nnamdi Asomugha will end up with the Jets or Packers.

"I know him well. ... Mark it down," said White. After suffering through eight seasons in Oakland, White says Asomugha wants to play for a winner. The shutdown corner has said he'd like to play for Jets coach Rex Ryan, while his best friend is Packers CB Charles Woodson. Asomugha will command a pretty penny, however, and it isn't Green Bay GM Ted Thompson's style to break the bank for free agents. New York makes more sense because Antonio Cromartie isn't signed for 2011. Asomugha is also a better fit for a man-coverage scheme like Ryan's.

Source: David White on Twitter

Does that mean we'll be bumping this thread forever and ever and ever and ever...............?

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#76 : January 10, 2011, 02:03:34 PM

IHey Garv will you have a coronary if the Bucs sign a big name free agent? Youre as guilty as I for bumping this thread lol

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#77 : January 10, 2011, 02:07:39 PM

I completely understand how this team is being built. Obviously Mark will not deviate from it significantly. But one cannot ignore the pursuit of Vilma and Big Al. As much as you apparently wish it isnt, the signing of a big name FA remains a possibility. Triple bump to stay relevant!!!! (wtf does that mean)

Garv

Hall of Famer
#78 : January 10, 2011, 02:12:57 PM

IHey Garv will you have a coronary if the Bucs sign a big name free agent? Youre as guilty as I for bumping this thread lol

True that! LOL
And if the Buccaneers sign a big name free agent who will help this team I'll be fine with it.
I would assume it would be at a position of need however but don't see the Bucs doing it this off-season unless
an unforeseen DE comes into play that the Buccaneers feel they just have to have. Or maybe an offensive lineman?
I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong too. But I'm not wrong about Nnamdi Asomugha.

It will not happen.
Watch and see.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#79 : January 10, 2011, 10:57:39 PM

True that! LOL
And if the Buccaneers sign a big name free agent who will help this team I'll be fine with it.
I would assume it would be at a position of need however but don't see the Bucs doing it this off-season unless
an unforeseen DE comes into play that the Buccaneers feel they just have to have. Or maybe an offensive lineman?
I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong too. But I'm not wrong about Nnamdi Asomugha.

It will not happen.
Watch and see.

Eg, what the hell... Bump for the big FA signing!!!! Let's go glazers

Booker

Hall of Famer

#80 : January 10, 2011, 11:04:11 PM

Well if a new cap is put into place we will more than likely need to spend a lot of money to reach the floor. The plan was to build youth and then add the missing pieces in FA. Awesome-o would be that guy

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#81 : January 10, 2011, 11:13:45 PM

I love the direction this team is going in and I love building through the draft, but when an opportunity like this comes up, you have to take a shot. When you have the chance to completely shut down an entire side of the field and force quarterbacks to throw to the interception machine that is Aqib Talib, you have to go for it, especially when you have the potential for a juggernaut on the offensive side of the ball. If you do that you're looking at a super bowl caliber team.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#82 : January 10, 2011, 11:34:06 PM

I agree with the nevernude.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#83 : January 11, 2011, 03:06:20 AM

I agree with the nevernude.

+1111

LOL
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bump until Scrabble is a Buccaneer « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools