Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Our future MLB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JDouble

Hall of Famer
: January 09, 2011, 11:10:39 PM

So who's ready to watch our future MLB play in the big bowl game tomorrow night?

I'm still not sure who I like better, Nate Irving or Casey Matthews. Watching Matthews lead his defense Monday night against the most dynamic offense and QB in college football should help me finalize my opinion. I know Either one is going to need to bulk up a bit to be the MLB we need them to be.

I hope everyone else is watching Monday night too. I hope Mathews doesn't have too good of a performance though. He's currently projected as a 3rd or 4th round pick. A great game bowl game tomorrow could sky rocket his stock and make it harder to get him.

Anyways, the game is the Tostito Bowl and it's the big one. Auburn vs. Oregon on ESPN at 8:30 Monday night. It's also a good chance to see Cam Newton if you aren't familiar with him, because if he has an amazing game tomorrow night....there's a good chance the Panthers take him and we face him twice a year.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 09, 2011, 11:13:58 PM

ive got my fingers crossed that CAR drafts newton.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 09, 2011, 11:17:35 PM

I watched him specifically the entire time versus Oregon State. He can definitely make the splash plays when necessary, but he was somewhat invisible at times.

Here's what I saw during the game on December the 4th, "I'm watching him diagnose the play on the fly and he seems to just be hanging around and not making the right decisions."

I'll definitely be watching tomorrow night to see if he plays a bit more aggressively.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 09, 2011, 11:18:34 PM

I'd prefer Irving simply for the fact that he offers positional versatility. If he can't play MLB he can more than likely play WLB, and vice versa.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 09, 2011, 11:22:16 PM

Cam Newton #1 ovr? I think Blaine Gabbert has a good chance to be the first QB taken. Not sure why, but teams seem to like him.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 09, 2011, 11:23:59 PM

I wouldn't mind taking Mathews to play MLB and Irving to play WLB.

Wish we'd got a chance to see more of Tyrone McKenzie this year. I want that dude to be our new MLB but have no idea if he's capable.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 09, 2011, 11:26:18 PM

Cam Newton #1 ovr? I think Blaine Gabbert has a good chance to be the first QB taken. Not sure why, but teams seem to like him.

If Newton has a huge day tomorrow I could easily see the Panthers getting mesmerized with him. Especially after seeing how a similar QB has turned the Bucs around so quickly.

(For the record I'm saying they might think he is like Freeman. Personally I think he's much more like Vince Young)

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 09, 2011, 11:28:58 PM

The thing about MLB's is if you look across the NFL, they're almost all 1st or 2nd round picks. If the player we're thinking about isn't considered a 1st or 2nd round pick, chances are he's just not that good. We don't necessarily need the next Patrick Willis, but we at least need the next EJ Henderson. If that player isn't available this year, I say roll with McKenzie, find a WLB, and re-evaluate in 2012.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 09, 2011, 11:33:15 PM

The thing about MLB's is if you look across the NFL, they're almost all 1st or 2nd round picks. If the player we're thinking about isn't considered a 1st or 2nd round pick, chances are he's just not that good. We don't necessarily need the next Patrick Willis, but we at least need the next EJ Henderson. If that player isn't available this year, I say roll with McKenzie, find a WLB, and re-evaluate in 2012.

We don't need an elite playmaker at MLB. Just a guy that is as smart and dependable as Ruud....but actually strong enough to shed blocks and make hard tackles.
Shelton Quarles was an undrafted OLB that was great us at MLB for years. We need our DTs and WLB to be great, the MLB just needs to be a blue collar, dependable guy that can read an offense and call it out presnap. If he can do that and not be a total rag doll nancy girl like Ruud....he's a good fit.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 09, 2011, 11:33:41 PM

I like this idea, Burfict or Te'o in 2012 pleeeease. Trade up if we have to dammit.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 10, 2011, 01:06:48 AM

...will be Barrett Ruud.

BucsWin31

Starter

#11 : January 10, 2011, 01:27:29 AM

Screw that I want an elite MLB! Someone that will demand respect, a hard hitter and student of the game. It will only make our defense that much better. I'm tired of average to above average its time will get more playmakers on this team.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 10, 2011, 01:56:52 AM

Tmac.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 10, 2011, 03:13:35 AM

Because his dad is a con artist, and because he stole some stuff when he was younger?

Dude can ball.  He is not a Mike Vick, but dude can flat out ball.  And at a high level, if you have not noticed.

Luck is bonafide.  But Cam might make you eat shidt and die.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 10, 2011, 03:44:54 AM

Because his dad is a con artist, and because he stole some stuff when he was younger?

Dude can ball.  He is not a Mike Vick, but dude can flat out ball.  And at a high level, if you have not noticed.

Luck is bonafide.  But Cam might make you eat shidt and die.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Our future MLB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools