Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Les Miles to Michigan? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 13, 2011, 08:40:05 AM

Here's a challenge for you JG.  Find me a SEC team with a more impressive NFL alum than Michigan, which boast a league MVP and a Def. POTY.  I know you can't find a single player better than Brady.  And off the top of my head I doubt you could find a better Def. Line or Off. Line across the board.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/alumni-tracker/school/5233

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 13, 2011, 09:20:21 AM

I know you can't find a single player better than Brady.

Peyton Manning?

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 13, 2011, 09:23:11 AM

Thought that was funny..

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 13, 2011, 02:07:15 PM

Manning is the best player in the NFL from a SEC school but he isn't better than Brady at least IMO.  Not only does Brady have more championships but his best year statistically(2007) was better than Mannings(2004) as far as yds, TDs, Int., comp. %. His winning % in the reg season and playoffs is much better as well.
: January 13, 2011, 02:10:19 PM Skull and Bones

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 13, 2011, 09:42:31 PM

It's definitely a matter of opinion, but Manning is going to hold every record a QB can hold when he hangs 'em up.  Brady won't be able to say.

IMO, if you put Manning on the Pats, they have just as many Championships as they do with Brady - if not more.  I don't know if you can say the same about Brady and the Colts.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 14, 2011, 02:43:13 AM

Skulls and Bones must be a Michigan fan.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 15, 2011, 12:07:29 PM

Foote??, Woodson??, Backus??, Brady?? Hutchinson??

I said "what have you done LATELY". Those guys were all recruited 12-15 years ago. And a bunch were undrafted (Jamar Adams, Doug Dutch, etc.) and are PS players.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 16, 2011, 09:04:35 PM

Wait Michigan has produced, Benn - no wait he is from Illinois, Mendenhall - no wait he is from Illinois, Baluga - no wait he is from Iowa, Greene - no wait he is from Iowa, hmmm who the hell has Michigan produced since Woodson??

Oh yeah they have the great Cato June, Alan Branch, Mike Hart, Chad Henne, Adrian Arrington, Mario Manningham (OK this must be the best since Woodson).  Yeah Michigan has a great HISTORY but who the hell cares what happened when guys wore leather helmets, kids care whats going on now and I would go out on a limb to say even small schools like TCU, Boise State, TULSA, etc have more pull recruiting big time talent that is not from the overrated midwest.

Hmmm, interesting fact that Miles was offered the job two seperate times, each time making more money than he makes at LSU and the second offer was for more than the first, yeah your sorry school can't even over pay for an alum, thats gotta mean something right??!!  Yeah guess your theory that Michigan is all that goes out the window.  Go ahead play in your pathetic conference that cannot even count how many team you have in it, play the soft Notre Shame team, lose your typical game to App State and lets see where that get you.

Brady Hoke did some impressive things at San Diego State but he left a better program to go to Michigan??  If you don't believe me look at the talent he has at SDSU and look at what Michigan has??  Hell even the so-called great QB is nothing more than a midget playing against slow midwestern boys and leftovers from the south.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 17, 2011, 05:50:07 AM

Its not like FSU conference is that much better. O wait I forgot. You bandwagon jumped to LSU.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 17, 2011, 02:16:58 PM

Nice try Legend - ahhhh as I have stated and will continue to state and please listen up:

I am and ALWAYS have been a LSU fan first and foremost but yes I do also like FSU.  If LSU and FSU play I would never root against LSU.  I also keep track of Oklahoma State and Tulsa as I am from Tulsa but I guess what that makes me an OSU and TU fan as well??

My blood is purple and gold and pewter and red so this will be the last time I even acknowledge this crap of me jumping on the LSU bandwagon - hell what bandwagon, LSU was coming off a five loss season, it would be one thing if they had just won the National Championship so again nice try.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 18, 2011, 07:21:31 AM

Fair enough.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 19, 2011, 11:51:04 AM

Wait Michigan has produced, Benn - no wait he is from Illinois, Mendenhall - no wait he is from Illinois, Baluga - no wait he is from Iowa, Greene - no wait he is from Iowa, hmmm who the hell has Michigan produced since Woodson??

Oh yeah they have the great Cato June, Alan Branch, Mike Hart, Chad Henne, Adrian Arrington, Mario Manningham (OK this must be the best since Woodson).  Yeah Michigan has a great HISTORY but who the hell cares what happened when guys wore leather helmets, kids care whats going on now and I would go out on a limb to say even small schools like TCU, Boise State, TULSA, etc have more pull recruiting big time talent that is not from the overrated midwest.

Hmmm, interesting fact that Miles was offered the job two seperate times, each time making more money than he makes at LSU and the second offer was for more than the first, yeah your sorry school can't even over pay for an alum, thats gotta mean something right??!!  Yeah guess your theory that Michigan is all that goes out the window.  Go ahead play in your pathetic conference that cannot even count how many team you have in it, play the soft Notre Shame team, lose your typical game to App State and lets see where that get you.

Brady Hoke did some impressive things at San Diego State but he left a better program to go to Michigan??  If you don't believe me look at the talent he has at SDSU and look at what Michigan has??  Hell even the so-called great QB is nothing more than a midget playing against slow midwestern boys and leftovers from the south.
way to pick and choose which Michigan players to highlight.  Who have they produced since Woodson?  How about an all pro LT in Long, the best OG over the last 10 years in the league in Hutchinson, a very promising 1st round DE that everyone here wanted last year in Graham, the FA MLB everyone here wants to sign in David Harris, a very good pass rushing 3-4 OL in Woodley, about 3 or 4 starting WRs, a starting QB, and several other starting LBs, DBs, DTs and OLmen.  Unlike most LSU players, they can actually play at the next level.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 20, 2011, 04:07:43 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/577617-brady-hoke-hires-baltimore-ravens-defensive-coordinator-greg-mattinson

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 20, 2011, 04:11:41 PM

That makes no sense for Mattison to leave Baltimore to go back to college.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 20, 2011, 04:17:02 PM

he probably just likes coaching at the college level better.  and he and Hoke go back 15-20 years.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Les Miles to Michigan? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools