Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rodney Hudson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

: January 10, 2011, 04:06:52 AM

I would love to see this guy in pewter! He's not the biggest, but he makes up for it with great technique, athleticism, and brute strength. His pass protection is flawless[only has given up like one sack his whole career], and in the run game he moves people around. He's also very good going down field in the screen game.

He's the LG, #62:

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 10, 2011, 07:48:43 AM

I would love to grab him in the 2nd round but I dont think he will last that long

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 10, 2011, 12:15:11 PM

Hopefully he lasts....teams don't usually draft guards in the first, but he will most likely be the first guard off the board, meaning maybe in the first half of the second....I'd like to think that the teams in the first half of the 2nd round have more pressing needs than interior line though

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 10, 2011, 12:26:19 PM

Way too small.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 10, 2011, 12:45:49 PM

I saw him on the ground way too many times.  No earlier than the 6th round.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 10, 2011, 01:13:58 PM

lol are you kidding me? He's rated the 2nd best OG, the 1st by some scouts, and has a 1st/2nd round grade....you have to be joking

If you saw him on the ground, it's either because he was laying on top of the defender he was blocking, or was out in the 2nd/3rd level of the defense blocking downfield, where it's his job to dive on the ground to disrupt the angle of the defender.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 10, 2011, 01:16:33 PM

Way too small.

You're right...that's probably why the draw play at 2:26 went right behind him, and he drove the tackle back 5 yards

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 10, 2011, 01:39:41 PM

Way too small.

You're right...that's probably why the draw play at 2:26 went right behind him, and he drove the tackle back 5 yards
College.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#8 : January 10, 2011, 01:46:39 PM

He does appear to be a good athlete, but I definitely wouldn't take a finesse guard like that on the first day. Maybe if we ran a lot more zone and screens. But Olson digs the man blocking. And this guy looks pretty average at that, at the college level.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 10, 2011, 01:48:32 PM

Way too small.

College.

That was a lot of NFL talent he played against on the Tar Heels D. The Senior Bowl and Combine will be huge for Hudson. If he can get his weight up and practice well and test well at the combine, then he should definitely be 2nd day guy. I think the Bucs have bigger need present though.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 10, 2011, 02:14:21 PM

Would rather get a more power oriented guard later on.

No way in round 2.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 10, 2011, 03:51:03 PM

Way too small.

College.

That was a lot of NFL talent he played against on the Tar Heels D. The Senior Bowl and Combine will be huge for Hudson. If he can get his weight up and practice well and test well at the combine, then he should definitely be 2nd day guy. I think the Bucs have bigger need present though.

If he gets his weight up and tests well he'll be a 2nd day guy? Is this a joke?

If he gets his weight up and tests well, he'll probably make his way into the top 15....I'm hoping he's there in round 2, but most likely he'll be gone.

I really hope you guys realize he has only let up 1 sack in his ENTIRE playing career. He's one of the best guard prospects to come along in a while. Some of you guys seem like you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 10, 2011, 03:53:33 PM

Way too small.

College.

If he gets his weight up and tests well, he'll probably make his way into the top 15....I'm hoping he's there in round 2, but most likely he'll be gone.

I really hope you guys realize he has only let up 1 sack in his ENTIRE playing career. He's one of the best guard prospects to come along in a while. Some of you guys seem like you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
Wanna put money on him going top 15... Good player but christ it is more likely he will go in the 4th than he will go in the 1st.

And I would never take a guard in the 1st unless he is a once in a lifetime player and that was my only need.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 10, 2011, 04:01:44 PM

Way too small.

College.

Wanna put money on him going top 15... Good player but christ it is more likely he will go in the 4th than he will go in the 1st.

And I would never take a guard in the 1st unless he is a once in a lifetime player and that was my only need.

I was responding to what you said about him gaining weight and having a good combine/senior bowl showing. He already has a 2nd round grade. If he impresses people even more, he'll find his way farther up into the first round.

There's absolutely NO WAY that he falls to the 4th round. He's one of the best interior lineman prospects to come out in a long time. And before anybody makes another reference to his size, he's the exact same size as ted larsen...only difference is he's much better. We have definite needs all over the o-line, especially guard. If we want to protect freeman and give blount holes so he doesn't have a sophomore slump, hudson's a guy we should go after. There aren't many people we could find in FA or the draft over the next 5 or so years that would be better to trust protecting freeman

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 10, 2011, 04:06:35 PM

I was responding to what you said about him gaining weight and having a good combine/senior bowl showing. He already has a 2nd round grade. If he impresses people even more, he'll find his way farther up into the first round.

There's absolutely NO WAY that he falls to the 4th round. He's one of the best interior lineman prospects to come out in a long time. And before anybody makes another reference to his size, he's the exact same size as ted larsen...only difference is he's much better. We have definite needs all over the o-line, especially guard. If we want to protect freeman and give blount holes so he doesn't have a sophomore slump, hudson's a guy we should go after. There aren't many people we could find in FA or the draft over the next 5 or so years that would be better to trust protecting freeman

I'm the one who said he could be a 2nd day pick. Reports are he weighed 275 pounds through college. No way an NFL team is going to draft an offensive lineman who weighs less than 290 pounds in the first 2 1/2 rounds.

By the way Ted Larsen weighs 310 pounds. He's 30 pounds heavier than Hudson.
: January 10, 2011, 04:08:36 PM BucsPirate1
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rodney Hudson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools