Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rodney Hudson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 10, 2011, 04:10:49 PM

I was responding to what you said about him gaining weight and having a good combine/senior bowl showing. He already has a 2nd round grade. If he impresses people even more, he'll find his way farther up into the first round.

There's absolutely NO WAY that he falls to the 4th round. He's one of the best interior lineman prospects to come out in a long time. And before anybody makes another reference to his size, he's the exact same size as ted larsen...only difference is he's much better. We have definite needs all over the o-line, especially guard. If we want to protect freeman and give blount holes so he doesn't have a sophomore slump, hudson's a guy we should go after. There aren't many people we could find in FA or the draft over the next 5 or so years that would be better to trust protecting freeman

I'm the one who said he could be a 2nd day pick. Reports are he weighed 275 pounds through college. No way an NFL team is going to draft an offensive lineman who weighs less than 290 pounds in the first 2 1/2 rounds.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/OG/Rodney-Hudson.php

By senior year he was up to around 6'2 285......and every scouting report on him says the same thing, which is that his size isn't an issue, since he makes up for it with extremely good footwork, great intangibles, and leadership abilities. He'll gain weight every year while in the nfl, and either way the size isn't an issue.

You can say he's a 2nd day player all you want. But all that is is your misguided opinion. I could say robert quinn is a 2nd day player, but that would just be silly. Every scouting report there is on him says he's a 2nd round/1st round player, and pretty much a can't miss prospect. I'll trust them over your random assertion

-ts

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 10, 2011, 04:16:14 PM

Comparing him to Robert Quinn is a joke, a guy that was seen as the 1st overall pick before his suspension and now is still considered a top 10 pick without anything helping his stock.

And 2nd day player means 2nd or 3rd round... I would consider him a 3rd rounder with a chance to sneak back up into the 2nd as he performs well in the offseason. Again though IMO he is more likely to fall than to go in the 1st.

Especially the damn top 15 which is laughable.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 10, 2011, 04:21:42 PM

Comparing him to Robert Quinn is a joke, a guy that was seen as the 1st overall pick before his suspension and now is still considered a top 10 pick without anything helping his stock.

And 2nd day player means 2nd or 3rd round... I would consider him a 3rd rounder with a chance to sneak back up into the 2nd as he performs well in the offseason. Again though IMO he is more likely to fall than to go in the 1st.

We took davin jospeh in the mid 20's, and hudon's a better prospect than he was. Right now he's 2nd round, and considered the best interior lineman in the draft. If gets his weight up a little bit by the combine, and shows he hasn't lost speed, he'll definitely go mid 1st round. Only way he slips to the 3rd is if he has a terrible senior bowl/combine, which is very unlikely, and either way teams will be judging him more off of his tape, which shows that he is a beast.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 10, 2011, 05:31:20 PM

I really hope you guys realize he has only let up 1 sack in his ENTIRE playing career. He's one of the best guard prospects to come along in a while. Some of you guys seem like you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
We know the difference between college production and NFL production.

Here are the 2011 Pro Bowl guards:

Kris Dielman 6'4" 320 lbs
Logan Mankins 6'4" 310 lbs
Brian Waters 6'3" 320 lbs
Jahri Evans 6'4" 318 lbs
Chris Snee 6'3" 317 lbs
Carl Nicks 6'5" 343 lbs

Starting to notice a trend?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 10, 2011, 05:39:51 PM

I was responding to what you said about him gaining weight and having a good combine/senior bowl showing. He already has a 2nd round grade. If he impresses people even more, he'll find his way farther up into the first round.

There's absolutely NO WAY that he falls to the 4th round. He's one of the best interior lineman prospects to come out in a long time. And before anybody makes another reference to his size, he's the exact same size as ted larsen...only difference is he's much better. We have definite needs all over the o-line, especially guard. If we want to protect freeman and give blount holes so he doesn't have a sophomore slump, hudson's a guy we should go after. There aren't many people we could find in FA or the draft over the next 5 or so years that would be better to trust protecting freeman

By the way Ted Larsen weighs 310 pounds. He's 30 pounds heavier than Hudson.

lolz

-ts

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 10, 2011, 06:04:08 PM

We took davin jospeh in the mid 20's, and hudon's a better prospect than he was. Right now he's 2nd round, and considered the best interior lineman in the draft. If gets his weight up a little bit by the combine, and shows he hasn't lost speed, he'll definitely go mid 1st round. Only way he slips to the 3rd is if he has a terrible senior bowl/combine, which is very unlikely, and either way teams will be judging him more off of his tape, which shows that he is a beast.
Hudson  at this point is not a better prospect than Joseph was, not by a long shot.

And that's not a very good thing to bring up, I believe a lot of people would prefer something other than Davin with that pick at this point in time.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 10, 2011, 06:07:06 PM

his college career was probably better than Davin's.  He might be too small for the pros but as a college Guard he was stellar.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 10, 2011, 06:10:21 PM

lolz

I hope you're laughing at him for saying such a silly, wrong thing

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2264

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 10, 2011, 06:14:07 PM

his college career was probably better than Davin's.  He might be too small for the pros but as a college Guard he was stellar.
I don't know Davin blocked for Adrian Peterson for 2 years. Also, Davin played his senior season at left tackle, and tackle >>>>>> guard.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 10, 2011, 06:14:57 PM

Yup, His college career was definitely better than davins.

And yes he is small, but most scouts say it just isn't going to be a problem because of how athletic he is and how good is technique is....he gets very good leverage which is able to let him win battles against players a lot bigger than him.

To everybody....watch the play at 1:20 in the video I posted, and tell me if he isn't strong enough to play in the nfl.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 10, 2011, 06:16:03 PM

lolz

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/ted-larsen?id=497026

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 10, 2011, 06:18:53 PM

lolz

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/ted-larsen?id=497026

The article I posted was from february...it isn't even febraury yet now, so lets wait until the combine, because larsen obviously put on weight from his senior season to the combine, and I'm sure hudson will to

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 10, 2011, 06:19:48 PM

I believe his only sack was his 1st game as a freshman IIRC.  I think he also went something like a year and a half without a penalty.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 10, 2011, 06:20:30 PM

And I hope you realize comparing him to a 6th round prospect in Larsen is not really helping the cause.

Larsen has been good but I'd be pissed if we spend a 2nd on him or like you are suggesting a 1st.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 10, 2011, 06:22:59 PM

Anyone remember this guy? He had great technique, too.

GREG ESLINGER

UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA

SENIOR, 6'3", 280 LBS.

As the seventh recipient of the Rimington Trophy, Eslinger also became the first from the University of Minnesota to receive the honor. A native of Bismarck, North Dakota, Eslinger began his career with the Gophers as a starting true freshman. He started every game during the 2002 season and was named to The Sporting News All-America Freshman Second Team and The Sporting News Big-Ten All-Freshman Team. As a sophomore, Eslinger only got better and was named a Third Team All-American by the Associated Press, First Team All-Big Ten by coaches and media, First Team All-Big Ten by ESPN.com, and Second Team All-American by SI.com. By the time he was a junior, Eslinger was leading a Minnesota offensive line that allowed only nine sacks in 12 games, the best mark for the team since 1970. No doubt it helped make him a finalist for the 2004 Rimington Trophy. Eslinger capped off a remarkable career at Minnesota during the 2005 season and was named a semifinalist for the Lombardi Award. After the season, Eslinger was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the 2006 NFL Draft.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rodney Hudson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools