Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rodney Hudson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 10, 2011, 06:25:17 PM

And I hope you realize comparing him to a 6th round prospect in Larsen is not really helping the cause.

Larsen has been good but I'd be pissed if we spend a 2nd on him or like you are suggesting a 1st.

I'm not comparing him as a player...I'm comparing him when it comes to size...which it seems you aren't grasping

Larsen's a decent player who's undersized....hudson is an extremely good player who's undersized....and who scouts say won't be a problem because of how good he is at everything else.

Larsen played pretty well for us this year....but hudson is night and day better.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 10, 2011, 06:28:56 PM

I think some of you guys are underestimating how good of a college OLineman he was.  Now as a pro prospect I have my doubts about his size as well.  But some guy's measurables just defy logic.  So who knows.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 10, 2011, 06:36:22 PM

And I hope you realize comparing him to a 6th round prospect in Larsen is not really helping the cause.

Larsen has been good but I'd be pissed if we spend a 2nd on him or like you are suggesting a 1st.

I'm not comparing him as a player...I'm comparing him when it comes to size...which it seems you aren't grasping

Larsen's a decent player who's undersized....hudson is an extremely good player who's undersized....and who scouts say won't be a problem because of how good he is at everything else.

Larsen played pretty well for us this year....but hudson is night and day better.
I quit, everything you say is gospel and I shall follow you to the end of the earth.

Hudson in the 1st! Though he is going top 15 so trade up!

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 10, 2011, 06:39:58 PM

I quit, everything you say is gospel and I shall follow you to the end of the earth.

You're a dolt

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 10, 2011, 06:42:24 PM

And before anybody makes another reference to his size, he's the exact same size as ted larsen.

By the way Ted Larsen weighs 310 pounds. He's 30 pounds heavier than Hudson.

lolz

I hope you're laughing at him for saying such a silly, wrong thing

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2264

No, I'm laughing at your wrong arse.

You say that Hudson and Larsen are the "exact same size".  Hudson is listed from 275-285.  The link you have for Larsen says 296 lbs.  Even if that was right, which it's not, you've proved yourself wrong.  Nice work

Larsen was well over 300 lbs at the combine and is probably 310 now.

lolz @ you.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 10, 2011, 06:44:14 PM

You're a dolt
Yessir Mr. Almighty.

Rodney Hudson in the top 15.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 10, 2011, 06:45:56 PM

You're a dolt
Yessir Mr. Almighty.

Rodney Hudson in the top 15.

naa....

Rodney Hudson in the 4th! **CENSORED** the scouts right! what do they know....ts knows best

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 10, 2011, 06:49:16 PM

naa....

Rodney Hudson in the 4th! **CENSORED** the scouts right! what do they know....ts knows best
The only opinions you have are from internet scouts, not real scouts.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 10, 2011, 06:52:07 PM

Anytime you start listing all these scouts that say top 15 just let me know.

Walterfootball -  Rodney Hudson, G, Florida State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 285.
Projected 40 Time: 5.21.
Projected Round (2011): 3-4.
10/2/10: Hudson is simply too small for the NFL at this point and he would get killed against 320-pound defensive tackles. If he adds weight, he will lose athleticism, quickness and stamina. He's a great college player, but we need to see if he can gain weight in the offseason in order to know if he can do it in the league.

Sound Familier? Not that I put much stock into anything from any online scout (why would you anyway?) but that's exactly what just about everyone but you has said.

And I said specifically that Hudson is more likely to fall to the 4th round then go top 15. I said I believe he is a 3rd rounder right now with a chance to move up to late 2nd.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 10, 2011, 06:52:31 PM

naa....

I'll even take these online scouts saying top 15...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 10, 2011, 06:54:40 PM

Anyone remember this guy? He had great technique, too.

GREG ESLINGER

UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA

SENIOR, 6'3", 280 LBS.

As the seventh recipient of the Rimington Trophy, Eslinger also became the first from the University of Minnesota to receive the honor. A native of Bismarck, North Dakota, Eslinger began his career with the Gophers as a starting true freshman. He started every game during the 2002 season and was named to The Sporting News All-America Freshman Second Team and The Sporting News Big-Ten All-Freshman Team. As a sophomore, Eslinger only got better and was named a Third Team All-American by the Associated Press, First Team All-Big Ten by coaches and media, First Team All-Big Ten by ESPN.com, and Second Team All-American by SI.com. By the time he was a junior, Eslinger was leading a Minnesota offensive line that allowed only nine sacks in 12 games, the best mark for the team since 1970. No doubt it helped make him a finalist for the 2004 Rimington Trophy. Eslinger capped off a remarkable career at Minnesota during the 2005 season and was named a semifinalist for the Lombardi Award. After the season, Eslinger was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the 2006 NFL Draft.

Eslinger was a Center, like Hudson probably will be moved to.

Oh, and he was drafted in 6th friggin' round even though he was projected to be a 2nd/3rd round selection.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 10, 2011, 06:56:49 PM

I imagine he will go mid 2nd to early 3rd at the latest.  He will be drafted by a ZBS team and maybe converted to Center.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler

#42 : January 10, 2011, 06:59:00 PM

This thread amuses me.

The quest for .500 begins...

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 10, 2011, 07:08:52 PM

naa....

I guess you and TS will have to agree that SR and the PR staff aren't very good scouts than.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 10, 2011, 07:19:37 PM

#3 for those with insider

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=6520:PI%20Quick%20Hits%2012/10
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rodney Hudson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools