Boards > College Football Board

BCS Conferences

<< < (11/30) > >>

dalbuc:
The SEC games this year have not been dominant games. They've been pretty  close games and frankly they've not looked all that good in several of them. Even UGA wasn't that impressive other than a few big plays. You watch the SEC teams and you realize how gawd awful their QB play is across the board and their vaunted defenses haven't done a lot of work this bow season either.

I think Bama is lucky to have UND up next because they can't score in bunches and that will play into the grindhouse effect Bama wants to play.

GameTime:
SEC certainly has not been dominant.  but i dont think most should expect the midtier SEC teams to dominate the top tier teams from other conferences either.  the SEC winning 6 BCS championships is dominant, but it doesnt mean that vandy and arkansas are dominant.  some have trouble with that concept.  similar to Bucs fans not understanding that both QB play AND pass defense needs to improve.

dalbuc:

--- Quote from: GameTime on January 01, 2013, 10:53:29 PM ---SEC certainly has not been dominant.  but i dont think most should expect the midtier SEC teams to dominate the top tier teams from other conferences either.  the SEC winning 6 BCS championships is dominant, but it doesnt mean that vandy and arkansas are dominant.  some have trouble with that concept.  similar to Bucs fans not understanding that both QB play AND pass defense needs to improve.

--- End quote ---

This isn't a CUSA school beating the #9 school in a conference. LSU is a top end SEC school that got beat by an ACC runner up. UGA struggled like hell to beat a team that got 100% crushed in their championship game as well. Heck, the whole schtick about the SEC being a great, no transcendent, confernce is how top to bottom tough they are so their mid tier better be good to justify the reputation they have that basically says by default the SEC champ = a BCS title bid.

Winning the BCS titles is as much about the matchups they get as really being dominant. UND isn't the best team, or second best, this year. They're the best gift Bama could get in terms of a matchup though to prove "dominance".

Biggs3535:

--- Quote from: dalbuc on January 01, 2013, 11:03:25 PM --- LSU is a top end SEC school that got beat by an ACC runner up.
--- End quote ---

LSU is the 4th best team in the conference, and that's being tied with TAMU and South Carolina.




--- Quote from: dalbuc on January 01, 2013, 11:03:25 PM --- UND isn't the best team, or second best, this year. They're the best gift Bama could get in terms of a matchup though to prove "dominance".

--- End quote ---

Notre Dame played a legit schedule.  They've earned their #1 ranking this year.

Who is the "best" team right now, if not Notre Dame?

GameTime:

--- Quote from: dalbuc on January 01, 2013, 11:03:25 PM ---This isn't a CUSA school beating the #9 school in a conference. LSU is a top end SEC school that got beat by an ACC runner up. UGA struggled like hell to beat a team that got 100% crushed in their championship game as well. Heck, the whole schtick about the SEC being a great, no transcendent, confernce is how top to bottom tough they are so their mid tier better be good to justify the reputation they have that basically says by default the SEC champ = a BCS title bid.

Winning the BCS titles is as much about the matchups they get as really being dominant. UND isn't the best team, or second best, this year. They're the best gift Bama could get in terms of a matchup though to prove "dominance".

--- End quote ---

i just dont understand why some cant fathom that good teams play in other conferences.

and its pretty crazy how 6 straight years the SEC has gotten a lucky matchup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version