Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Conferences « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#120 : January 09, 2013, 02:49:44 PM

i also think UF has a good case against a&m for obvious reasons. 

Because that was A&M's 1st game (and Manziel's) I really discount it.

I don't know if that's fair, simply because A&M came out and kicked Florida's ass in the first half.  They were sharp.  But Florida made the adjustments and won the game in the second half, which is a credit to Florida.

Missed my point.

That was the 1st game for A&M's QB, HC, and staff. They got substantially better after a full season to learn. I didn't see UF substantially improve as the season wore on.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#121 : January 09, 2013, 02:55:11 PM

Because that was A&M's 1st game (and Manziel's) I really discount it. I believe A&M was a better team at the end of the season. Manziel was certainly enormously better at the end of the season.

as far as Stanford, both losses were close and the ND loss was in OT with a very questionable call. Plus they played a plenty tough schedule

i might asterisk it, but not sure discount is the term id use.

as for stanford, they had 2 losses and a slightly less difficulty schedule.  if one wanted to rank them higher than UF (before the bowls) because they were prettier, so be it.  but a 1 loss team with a more difficult schedule certainly has a strong case.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#122 : January 09, 2013, 02:56:20 PM

That was the 1st game for A&M's QB, HC, and staff. They got substantially better after a full season to learn. I didn't see UF substantially improve as the season wore on.

no difference between the UF that played a&m and the UF that played fsu?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#123 : January 09, 2013, 04:29:32 PM

I don't know if that's fair, simply because A&M came out and kicked Florida's ass in the first half.  They were sharp.  But Florida made the adjustments and won the game in the second half, which is a credit to Florida.

Missed my point.

I'd agree that they got better, but I'd say they played pretty well out of the gate.  The fact their game was first was fairly inconsequential seeing how they played that first half.  Hell, the unknown was a big factor in their favor at that point.

And I would argue Florida played it's best game of the year at the end of the season vs. Florida State.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#124 : January 09, 2013, 04:54:40 PM

Missed my point.

I'd agree that they got better, but I'd say they played pretty well out of the gate.  The fact their game was first was fairly inconsequential seeing how they played that first half.  Hell, the unknown was a big factor in their favor at that point.

And I would argue Florida played it's best game of the year at the end of the season vs. Florida State.

theres not even an argument there. UF played out of their minds in that game and FSU played like wed lost our minds. easily UF's best game and our worst

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#125 : January 09, 2013, 05:18:54 PM

Come on, Dex.  That wasn't FSU's worst game.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#126 : January 09, 2013, 07:11:24 PM

Come on, Dex.  That wasn't FSU's worst game.

from a playing and exceution standpoint it was

NC state was the worst from a loss perspective but i can at least point to why we lost. Jimbo got too conservative and didnt adjust and tried to make the defense win it for him without doing anything on offense. Defense at least dominated the first half and then jimbo hung them out to dry with his crappy offense

i dont know what to say about the UF game. nobody on our team was any good in that game besides bjoern werner. literally everything went wrong. defense couldnt stop a terrible UF offense. coaches didnt adjust to UF using 6 and 7 man fronts. EJ went full retard and started turning the ball over like it was going out of style. tackling was crap, execution was crap. that game was a total pile of **CENSORED**. i was at a loss for words, ive never walked out of a football game in my life and i left before halftime to go buy beer it was that ugly. there wasnt a single thing i could point to that was good about that game besides werner wrecking UF's OTs. the team looked confused and lost 2 minutes into the game.

at least we did a couple of things right during the NC state game, and the officials knifed us in the back in multiple key situations during that game. im still pissed about how poor of a job they did

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#127 : January 09, 2013, 10:15:35 PM

I don't have to answer your questions.    I list the teams I think should have been ranked ahead and you go through the list trying to disprove them.  It's irrelevant and I'm not interested in  your debate.    The fact is they were spanked on a neutral field by Louisville and they are STILL ranked 4 spots higher than them in the final poll.   And now the fact that Louisville lost during the season to a team that finished 5-7 apparently carries more weight than the fact that Louisville manhandled UF on the field.  Nope, no bias at all.  You are correct.

of course you dont, why should anyone in todays society have to actually defend their statements?

Louisville 33 Florida 23.  There, statement defended.  Now defend Florida STILL being ranked 4 spots ahead of Lousiville .....

Geez, that's easy. UF fumbled away a game to highly ranked UGa and crapped the bed to ranked Louisville while Louisville crapped the bed against pathetic Syracuse and UConn. And while Strong did a much better job of motivating his team for the Sugar, there is no doubt that UF has FAAAAAR more talent on its roster.

so the talent on the roster in someone's opinion means more than what happens on a neutral field at the end of the season .....  just have to smh at rankings

Who said it means more??????

I wrote that Louisville crapping the bed against TWO---2 completely pitiful opponents COMBINED with Florida's roster talent means more in ranking a team than a meaningless (for UF at least) game on a neutral site 5 weeks after the season is over.

Using your logic, Tampa is a better team than Atlanta cause Tampa beat them the last game IN ATLANTA

Zero correlation between NFL and NCAA .... NFL plays it out on the field

You said it again, the 2 losses/talent on paper > win on field at end of season .........

at least you admit there were teams that should have been ranked ahead of UF at the end of the regular season
: January 09, 2013, 10:21:23 PM olafberserker

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#128 : January 10, 2013, 10:50:04 AM

at least you admit there were teams that should have been ranked ahead of UF at the end of the regular season

Oregon ND, and UGa for sure. Stanford and TA&M probably. And OSU if they were eligible. But NOT Louisville. Now Louisville may become a force in years to come as Strong starts getting his own recruits, but right now the only important guys Strong recruited on that team is Bridgewater and Rogers, who decommitted from Miami when Shannon was fired. All the Jrs. and SRs. and most of the Sophs he inherited. Next yr his 2012 recruits will start getting real playing time plus who knows what he'll add this Feb.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#129 : January 10, 2013, 11:50:16 AM

So should Notre Dame still be ranked ahead of Alabama?   I mean they lost to a 1 loss team on a neutral field after a 6 week layoff while Bama lost to a 2 loss team at home.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#130 : January 10, 2013, 12:12:56 PM

So should Notre Dame still be ranked ahead of Alabama?   I mean they lost to a 1 loss team on a neutral field after a 6 week layoff while Bama lost to a 2 loss team at home.

Serious?

Losing at home by 5 after 3 straight weeks of facing top 25 opponents is quite different than losing by 28 when you had plenty of time to prep and get healthy.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#131 : January 10, 2013, 01:37:06 PM

I didn't make up the criteria ......

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#132 : January 10, 2013, 01:43:10 PM

I didn't make up the criteria ......

Actually, you are the one making up the criteria to fit the absurd logic you are trying to display.

If Louisville hadn't lost to the opponents they lost to, they wouldn't have been ranked so low going into the Sugar Bowl.  Their low ranking going into the Sugar Bowl is why they didn't jump ahead of Florida.  This isn't rocket surgery.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#133 : January 10, 2013, 01:47:03 PM

Oh it definitely isn't rocket surgery.  The problem is obvious.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#134 : January 10, 2013, 02:01:15 PM

Oh it definitely isn't rocket surgery.  The problem is obvious.

And the problem will be solved starting in 2014

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Conferences « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools