Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OK, be honest, would you trade..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Lombardi_Stacks

Starter
: January 11, 2011, 09:54:07 PM

Let me start off by saying that i do like Gerald McCoy, but no, i didn't agree to draft him last april. My opinion then was an still is, if you have a good thing going why not continue to build on it to make it great? We know it works both ways correct? A great secondary can create a pass rush ( maybe they force a team to become 1 dimensional as well, forcing a run game ) and a great pass rush can create a good secondary when QB's are pressed for time. With that said, buccaneer fans be honest, knowing the rookies seasons they've had would you trade Gerald McCoy for Eric Berry? I'll list the stats for those who don't know, and a couple other rookies as well.

Combined tackles /    Solo tackles    /    Sacks    /    Forced fumbles    /   INT's   /    Pass Deflections   /    Def. TD's   /   games played   /  Started

Gerald McCoy:     28             /            22              /         3        /                 2                 /       0       /                 4                   /            0          /              13             /        13   

Eric Berry:            92             /             77             /         2        /                 1                 /       4       /                 9                   /            1          /               16            /         16   

Ndamukong Suh:  66             /             49             /        10      /                  1                /        1      /                 3                   /             0         /                16           /       16     

Joe Haden:            64             /             57             /        1        /                  1                /        6      /                 18                 /             0         /                16           /         7 
: January 11, 2011, 10:00:11 PM Lombardi_Stacks

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 11, 2011, 09:57:56 PM

Why trade away someone playing a position we need for someone who plays a position we don't need?

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#2 : January 11, 2011, 09:58:30 PM

No. We needed to stop the run too, I doubt Berry would have had a greater impact than McCoy.

Also, I do believe that had we not moved McCoy around so much on the line this year, his stats would have been better, but we had garbage at DE, so......

The quest for .500 begins...

Garv

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 11, 2011, 10:15:19 PM

No.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Lombardi_Stacks

Starter
#4 : January 11, 2011, 10:21:33 PM

yeah, thx for ur opinion guys but i don't know ................ Berry had more tackles then our second leading tackler Geno hayes. but then even looking at Joe hadens production, i cant imagine what QB would want to face, Talib, Haden and Barber. Not to mention Tanard Jackson if he doesn't get suspended. that thought alone is making me shiver. honestly guys wat upsets me is i here some say we needed to stop the run, then others say we needed a pass rush. well we went from dead last at stoppin the run to 28th and we're somewhere at the bottom ( approximately 28th ) at getting sacks. Not dramatic improvements what so ever, on a dramatically improved team understand me? well what do i kno, i just feel we should of went in another direction. But what i will say is, if we can't get the DE we covet this year ( Quinn/Kerrigan ) then we should take the best offensive player to build on our offensive success. Next year we wont fly under the radar.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 11, 2011, 10:22:41 PM

It usually takes a few years for good DT's to ripen on the vine. The Bucs won't really know what they have in McCoy until about the 2012 season.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#6 : January 11, 2011, 10:24:32 PM

That. ^^^

Lombardi_Stacks

Starter
#7 : January 11, 2011, 10:26:01 PM

i dont think some of you took a hard look at those stats either lol

bucs63

Starter
#8 : January 11, 2011, 10:27:58 PM

If you only consider stats for this year, I would trade McCoy, Price and Lewis for Ndamukong Suh. That probably would've been enough for Detroit to trade picks. I think we'll come out OK in the long run though.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#9 : January 11, 2011, 10:31:46 PM

Personally, I think it all starts upfront.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 11, 2011, 10:32:54 PM

i dont think some of you took a hard look at those stats either lol

Why compare stats when McCoy ended up on IR?

Lombardi_Stacks

Starter
#11 : January 11, 2011, 10:35:52 PM

It usually takes a few years for good DT's to ripen on the vine. The Bucs won't really know what they have in McCoy until about the 2012 season.

+1, exactly how i feel. i thought we could have found any 6'4 three hundred pound body to take up space untill a dynamic Suh like tackle was in reach. Haden had so much impact they had to start him, Suh and Berry were the two most dynamic players in the draft and their  presence was felt  game 1 thru 16. all three are running neck and neck for rookie of the year. and we have to wait untill 2012 for McCoy when players are getting hurt and losing their job everyday.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#12 : January 11, 2011, 10:44:46 PM

Yes. I would trade McCoy and Price for Berry.

Lombardi_Stacks

Starter
#13 : January 11, 2011, 10:46:37 PM

If you only consider stats for this year, I would trade McCoy, Price and Lewis for Ndamukong Suh. That probably would've been enough for Detroit to trade picks. I think we'll come out OK in the long run though.

+1, i think we will too, i'm not knocking McCoy, just wasn't ready to draft him last year. We see McCoy needs help around him to shine but Suh is BEASTIN all alone in detriot. sure he has OK players around him, but he made that defense do a complete 180 single handly. even Berry almost notched 100 tackles his rookie season which is a big deal.

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 11, 2011, 10:48:01 PM

Yes. I would trade McCoy and Price for Berry.

So you would trade two people away from a position we need for a player that plays a position we don't need? Thankfully that's a job for Mark and Raheem

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OK, be honest, would you trade..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools