Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OK, be honest, would you trade..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Lombardi_Stacks

Starter
#15 : January 11, 2011, 10:49:51 PM

i dont think some of you took a hard look at those stats either lol

Why compare stats when McCoy ended up on IR?

He played 13 games, Blount rushed for a thousand yards in 12. you gotta compare stats to a degree

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 11, 2011, 10:52:29 PM

i dont think some of you took a hard look at those stats either lol

Why compare stats when McCoy ended up on IR?

He played 13 games, Blount rushed for a thousand yards in 12. you gotta compare stats to a degree

Well stats really helped the Chargers didn't they...oh wait....Yeah let's not make a huge deal about stats

Lombardi_Stacks

Starter
#17 : January 11, 2011, 10:57:43 PM

Yes. I would trade McCoy and Price for Berry.

So you would trade two people away from a position we need for a player that plays a position we don't need? Thankfully that's a job for Mark and Raheem

+1, i wouldn't trade McCoy and Price, but honest to god i had us draft Berry then Price at 2a in my mock last april. i even had Dezmon briscoe in their too, 3rd or 4th round. and i had a 6'4 three hundred pound DT in the mid late round 5

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#18 : January 11, 2011, 11:17:53 PM

So you would trade two people away from a position we need for a player that plays a position we don't need? Thankfully that's a job for Mark and Raheem

Yes.. because even after drafting both of them we still need to fill their spots. Berry would have taken Sean Jones spot and then would have gone to Grimm's spot after he went down.

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 11, 2011, 11:21:27 PM

Yes.. because even after drafting both of them we still need to fill their spots. Berry would have taken Sean Jones spot and then would have gone to Grimm's spot after he went down.

You are basing all this off a rookie season you as a Buccaneers fan should know not to base much off a rookie season (Michael Clayton)

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#20 : January 11, 2011, 11:41:09 PM

If you only consider stats for this year, I would trade McCoy, Price and Lewis for Ndamukong Suh. That probably would've been enough for Detroit to trade picks. I think we'll come out OK in the long run though.

+1, i think we will too, i'm not knocking McCoy, just wasn't ready to draft him last year. We see McCoy needs help around him to shine but Suh is BEASTIN all alone in detriot. sure he has OK players around him, but he made that defense do a complete 180 single handly. even Berry almost notched 100 tackles his rookie season which is a big deal.

Detroit in 2009:

Total yards per game allowed - 392.1 (dead last)

Points allowed per game - 30.9 (dead last)

Yards per play allowed - 6.1 (dead last)

1st downs allowed per game - 20.8 (30th)

Detroit in 2010 (A.S., After Suh)

Total yards per game allowed - 343.6 (21st)

Points allowed per game - 23.1 (19th)

Yards per play allowed - 5.5 (22nd)

1st downs allowed per game - 20.0 (24th)

Complete 180 is a bit of a stretch, sir. But he did beast out and they did improve.

Tampa in 2009:

Total yards per game allowed - 365.6 (27th)

Points allowed per game - 25.0 (27th)

Yards per play allowed - 5.6 (24th)

1st downs allowed per game - 20.2 (29th)

Tampa in 2010 (A.M., After McCoy)

Total yards per game allowed - 332.7 (17th)

Points allowed per game - 19.9 (9th)

Yards per play allowed - 5.4 (18th)

1st downs allowed per game - 19.2 (17th)

I think we improved well over last year.

The quest for .500 begins...

Lombardi_Stacks

Starter
#21 : January 11, 2011, 11:51:22 PM

Thats good research bullg8r, keep it up.

Creamsicles!

Rookie

#22 : January 12, 2011, 12:02:37 AM

No. Most would agree that it takes a few years to see the full potential of a player, especially D tackle, and I'd be much happier with a probowl D tackle than a probowl Safety.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 12, 2011, 12:12:56 AM

I thought Price would be the best guy we drafted last year and while MW could change my mind, I'm not about to throw in the towel on him. I'm giving him at least two more seasons before I get down on him. Add an Aldon Smith or Kerrigan type, have Price be the pass rusher we imagined, have McCoy get around 7 sacks a year and suddenly you have a ferocious defensive line again.

In Verner We Trust

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#24 : January 12, 2011, 12:32:13 AM

Thanks, bro.

Just think how much more we could've improved if Tanard never got suspended, Black never missed any games. And if Talib, McCoy and Price never went on IR.

Lombardi_Stacks

Starter
#25 : January 12, 2011, 01:07:07 AM

Thanks, bro.

Just think how much more we could've improved if Tanard never got suspended, Black never missed any games. And if Talib, McCoy and Price never went on IR.

+1, that's why their is so much to like about this young Tampa team, but we can't afford to pick another kid that needs 2 yrs plus to blossom. He's gonna have to come in an contribute because we're knockin on the door again. But I think we could have gone either way, building on a secondary that's above the middle of the pack or reconstructing that D-line. Either way our success in 2010 started with Freesus, got rolling with Williams and ended Blount.

Lombardi_Stacks

Starter
#26 : January 12, 2011, 01:42:10 AM

Heck NO! Heck I'm content with Grimm over berry.

That was the question I asked, but even over Haden? That secondary would be frightening and arguably be the best in our division. Haden across from talib, Ronde in the nickel and Jackson in center field. Forget whose rushing the passer, who is the passer passing too.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 12, 2011, 02:04:32 AM

When you factor in that he was not a starter at the beginning of the year, and that his year ended early, there really isn't a big statistical divide between Eric Berry and Cody Grimm. At least not one that would reflect the 6 rounds that separated them in last year's draft. I guess that's why you don't draft a safety with a top 10 pick.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#28 : January 12, 2011, 02:34:49 AM

Our pass defense was still Top 10.

2009:

207.4 pass yards allowed per game (10th in the NFL)

28 pass TDs allowed (26th)

2010:

201.0 pass yards allowed per game (7th)

23 pass TDs allowed (T-13th)

But we still lose to Detroit, because a rookie DB isn't going to stop Megatron on that late catch. lol

Don't forget the most important improvement......10 wins.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 12, 2011, 07:53:57 AM

I wouldn't make the trade.  Berry is going to be a pro bowl player but DT is more important and McCoy at least seems like he will be solid, although maybe not elite.  But why do you keep saying Safety isn't a need BuddyHobbs?  Jones is nothing more than a stop gap.  TJ is a question mark and probably can't contribute for the 1st half of the season.  Grimm is ok but let's not pretend he is on the same level as Berry.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OK, be honest, would you trade..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools