Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OK, be honest, would you trade..... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

BaddaBingBaddaBoom

Practice Squad

#75 : July 01, 2011, 03:11:15 AM

McCoy is legit (he's going to be). Not sure how good Berry is, but McCoy was actually rated as one of the better pass rushing interior lineman in 2010. Despite having only 3 sacks, he had something like 20-25 pressures. He got pretty unlucky to only get 3 sacks. Plus, he saw a ton of double teams in pass rushing downs. DT is >>>>>>>> S in terms of importance anyway. (didn't read entire thread, sorry if these points are redundant)

dbrooks55

Starter

#76 : July 01, 2011, 04:14:11 AM

Secondaries can make a good pass rush? How bout a good defensive line can make and average secondary looks like a pro bowl secondary...it all starts up front! Great example, not sure of the year but the Eagles had Bobby Taylor, Troy Vincent, and Brian Dawkins all go to the pro bowl...believe the d-line included Jevon Kearse, Hollis Thomas Corey Simon, and Hugh Douglas. I know the following year their d-line was injured alot, not sure if that was the decline of Kearse, possibly too when Douglas and Simon departed. Anyway the year their d-line was beat up and not as superior...that secondary was hung out to dry. They got torched, 3 pro bowlers!

BaddaBingBaddaBoom

Practice Squad

#77 : July 01, 2011, 04:43:40 AM

here is a linke to the pff interior lineman passrushing article

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/06/22/three-years-of-pass-rushing-productivity-interior-defensive-linemen/

McCoy ranked 20th in the league in efficiency, and had 30 pressures.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#78 : July 01, 2011, 01:17:32 PM

hell no....mccoy is gonna be great this year and I love our safties......tjax,grimm,black,lynch,asante....I would trade the vet for a draft pick imo.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OK, be honest, would you trade..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools