Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raider fans have Ruud on their "dream list" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: January 12, 2011, 12:47:36 AM

JAN 11th 2011 Free Agent Frenzy!
AUTHOR: Gregory Simon | IN: Los Angeles Raiders

This is a (dream) list of restricted and non-restricted free agents that could help the Raiders in 2011.

Brent Grimes CB, Atlanta, (2010 Stats: 87 tackles, 5 INT, 23 pass breakups). With the imminent departure of Namdi, we are going to be hurting at cornerback.

Barrett Ruud, LB, Bucs, (2010 Stats: 120 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 INT) Ruud has lead the Bucks the last 4 seasons in tackles. We need to stop the run and that takes someone who is not afraid to wrap up.

Malcom Floyd, WR, San Diego, (2010 Stats: 37 catches, 717 yards, 6 TD) The Raiders saw in two games against them, Floyd caught 13 passes for 285 yards. Oakland needs a veteran receiver to mentor that young corps. Vincent Jackson would also be a great asset, but there is a great big T.O. type ego that goes with that dude!

Paul Posluszny, LB, Buffalo, (2010 Stats: 151 tackles, 2 sacks) Posluszny, again someone to stop the run. (We sucked at that this season.)

Antonio Cromartie, CB, New York Jets, (2010 Stats: 42 tackles, 3 INT, 17 pass breakups) No Namdi, we need help. S.O.S.

Tamba Hali, LB, KC, (52 tackles, 14.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles) Hali is a beast. We need an intimidating force on our defense, Hali fits that bill.

Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, NY Giants, (2010 Stats: 11 tackles, 4 sacks, missed 13 games) A neck injury shortened Kiwanuka season this year, but this guy is the real deal! Imagine the Broncos or Chiefs lining up against this guy.

Mike Tolbert, FB, San Diego, (2010 Stats: 182 carries, 735 yards, 11 TD) Mark my words Nation; we will miss Michael Bush when he leaves! Tolbert is a bruiser back with skills similar to Bush. Tolbert has great hands similar to Bush. Tolbert also lines up as a tail back as much as full back.

Sidney Rice, WR Minnesota, (2010 Stats: 17 catches, 280 yards, 2 TD) Hip surgery slowed Rice this season, but he has the skills and the upside to be a prolific game changer in the NFL.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 12, 2011, 12:59:16 AM

Ruud stopping the run and wrapping up in the same sentence! What has the world come to!

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler

#2 : January 12, 2011, 01:02:07 AM

Ruud is like those Mormons with 10 kids, he doesn't wrap up.

The quest for .500 begins...

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 12, 2011, 01:42:14 AM

This shows how wrong you can be if you go by stats alone and dont watch game film.

2goodbucs

Starter
#4 : January 12, 2011, 02:04:31 AM

Ruud reminds me of those cowboys that try to stay on the bucking bronco for 8 seconds.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 12, 2011, 02:05:03 AM

Crepes are wrapped up too, which is apropos given how frequently Ruud gets flattened like their cousin (pancakes) by running backs.

In Verner We Trust

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 12, 2011, 03:21:29 AM

You wonder if these guys have even seen him wrap up anyone at the LOS or behind the line. If they have seen him play they would lump him in the same category as Cato June as a player who gets most of his tackle 5-7 yards down field.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 12, 2011, 07:35:36 AM

TV, cable and internet don't reach Oakland? 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 12, 2011, 07:52:09 AM

Ruud is the same player as Nickerson and Quarles guys. The MLB here hasn't changed for years other than the ill conceived Duncan and Webster experiments -- and those 2 guys DID hit hard and play physical.

The problem for Ruud is that right now he is the best player on the front 7, yes he is, whereas Quarles and Nickerson were the 4th best (at best) player in their front 7 so Ruud's "flaws" are easier to see.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 12, 2011, 07:55:23 AM

Don't agree Dal - both Quarles and Nickerson could get off of blocks and make tackles at or near the LOS.  I don't see that ability to be nearly as strong with Ruud.  And while Quarles might have been the 4th best in the front 7, I don't think it is accurate to say Nickerson was - as Sapp and Brooks were not near the level they were when Shelton was MLB.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 12, 2011, 08:26:07 AM

Don't agree Dal - both Quarles and Nickerson could get off of blocks and make tackles at or near the LOS.  I don't see that ability to be nearly as strong with Ruud.  And while Quarles might have been the 4th best in the front 7, I don't think it is accurate to say Nickerson was - as Sapp and Brooks were not near the level they were when Shelton was MLB.

Nickerson never made a tackle at the LOS, please. He was the king of the fall on the pile downfield "tackle". The running joke was that the Tampa scorers gave him a tackle if he looked at runner to get him that "214" that put him in the pro bowl (note: this is also why the tackle totals PR sites from the Bucs are so out of whack vs the NFL's more neutrally created tackle stats). Quarles also wasn't a physical player at the LoS.
I like both guys and I like them MORE than Ruud but Ruud's problem is less that he's no good than the has to be Batman when he's more Robin and that makes him look worse than he is..

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 12, 2011, 09:19:02 AM

The problem for Ruud is that right now he is the best player on the front 7, yes he is, whereas Quarles and Nickerson were the 4th best (at best) player in their front 7 so Ruud's "flaws" are easier to see.
Which 3 starters on the 1993 team were better than Nickerson?

DE Chidi Ahanotu
DT Mark Wheeler
DT Santana Dotson
DE Eric Curry

OLB Broderick Thomas
MLB Hardy Nickerson
OLB Barney Bussey

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 12, 2011, 09:23:20 AM

someone should sign up there and inform them for the lulz

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 12, 2011, 10:37:58 AM

See NFL!  When you don't broadcast our games on TV people get misinformed lol!  That being said letting Nmandi walk and signing Ruud is definetly the way to go to sure up that defense..............

TebowNer

Practice Squad

#14 : January 12, 2011, 10:53:08 AM

I like both guys and I like them MORE than Ruud but Ruud's problem is less that he's no good than the has to be Batman when he's more Robin and that makes him look worse than he is..

Gotta agree. Ruud is not a bad player just not the great player that we need him to be. Therefore he gets the short end when we preform bad.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raider fans have Ruud on their "dream list" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools